Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Francisco Custom Blend robusto
Garbandz 09:43 AM 06-04-2009
This Don Francisco Custom Blend robusto has a reddish-brown brindled wrapper,a flat cap,is solid and heavy.It looks very nice,well made and firm.
The pre light shows peppery,slightly dusty aromas,and has flavors of pepper,ginger,and cumin,very spicy.
The first half produces earthy, deep tobacco aromas,flavors of white pepper,cumin, light leather,a dry,clean finish.Very tasty!
In the second half,there is a slight saltiness,earth and roots,more pepper notes,and a lingering firm finish,the aromas are very nice,spicy and aromatic cedar,firm well aged tobacco.The burn is very even throughout the smoke,the ash is gray and solid...
I would pair this smoke with a brown ale or an aged bourbon,or a smokey Malt whiskey.I rate this Custom Blend 7.5 of 10 strength,17 of 20 overall
[Reply]
Catfish 11:21 AM 06-04-2009
Very nice review. I tried the custom blend torpedo and it started nicely but went very down hill, very quickly. I attributed this to rushing and smoking it too soon after I received it. I plan on ordering some more letting them wait a proper amount of time before reviewing.
[Reply]
Up