Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare
Gabe215 04:44 PM 11-07-2015
Want to buy a bourbon for when my Dad comes over. I've narrowed it down to either Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare. I'm a Scotch guy, wanna know which one the CA members would pick and why! Thanks!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:09 PM 11-07-2015
You can't go wrong with either one, really. I'd probably give the edge to the Eagle solely because to me it seems to have a slightly smoother finish.
[Reply]
mhailey 08:17 PM 11-07-2015
I like Buffalo Trace. Why? Because I like it. You can't go wrong with either one. Flip a coin and enjoy.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 09:47 AM 11-08-2015
As others have said, you cannot go wrong with either. They are both classics in their own right. They are both 45% or 90 proof, so there is no edge there. I really like them both, however, I'd have to give Eagle Rare, the edge, as far as smoothness goes!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:34 AM 11-11-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
You can't go wrong with either one, really. I'd probably give the edge to the Eagle solely because to me it seems to have a slightly smoother finish.
Originally Posted by mhailey:
I like Buffalo Trace. Why? Because I like it. You can't go wrong with either one. Flip a coin and enjoy.
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
As others have said, you cannot go wrong with either. They are both classics in their own right. They are both 45% or 90 proof, so there is no edge there. I really like them both, however, I'd have to give Eagle Rare, the edge, as far as smoothness goes!
All 3 hit it on the head...

I would do the Eagle too. Simply for the reason stated, smoothness.:-)
[Reply]
nayslayer 01:42 PM 11-12-2015
Never had the Eagle, but loved the Trace
[Reply]
jwintosh 05:15 PM 11-12-2015
eagle rare is awesome! made by buffalo trace. If you can find it, try the George T. Stagg. also made by buffalo trace.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:34 PM 11-23-2015
Eagle Rare IS Buffalo Trace. Just a part of their limited collection, not as limited as Stagg, of course, but part of that same family. Its a step up from the "regular" Buffalo Trace bottling and has more age on it providing for smoother palate.

Assuming you are talking about the 10 year old Eagle bottling, the 17 year is a big step up and is very rare.
[Reply]
proguy747 07:34 PM 12-02-2015
ER
[Reply]
Up