Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>flying internationally with cigars
loki 12:11 PM 07-07-2010
My wife and I are going to Jamaica for our honeymoon and with this being my first time flying internationally I've got no idea how these things work. I've got my 15 count loaded with cigars and now I'm thinking....can I take cigars into the country, if so how many? I don't want to get there and have them take my cigars.

i know coming back into the us the no cubans thing, one bottle of booze without being taxed....I'm not worried about that.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:22 PM 07-07-2010
http://jamaica.visahq.com/customs/
[Reply]
kydsid 12:30 PM 07-07-2010
If you like Jamaican rum bring as much as you can back with you. The taxes on a bottle of 40 proof rum are only a couple bucks for each bottle over your limit.

Your limit before taxes is two by the way since you and your wife are flying. :-)
[Reply]
loki 12:34 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
http://jamaica.visahq.com/customs/
i knew I liked you :-) time to repack
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:04 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
i knew I liked you :-) time to repack
unpack all your indecent and obscene prints? :-)

Originally Posted by :
Prohibited items are absolutely forbidden from entering Jamaica, some of which include:
Indecent and obscene prints

Indecent and obscene prints, paintings, photographs, cinematograph films, lithographs, engravings, books, cards or written communications or any indecent or obscene articles whether similar to the above or not and any parcels, packages or packets having thereon, or on the cover thereof, any words, marks or designs which are grossly offensive or of an indecent or obscene character.
:-)
[Reply]
loki 01:14 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
unpack all your indecent and obscene prints? :-)

:-)
hope they don't search my hard drive :-)
[Reply]
Big_Ern 09:13 PM 07-07-2010
just make sure that you do not have Cubans and you should be fine. I had to throw out lighters, pop,2 bottles of liquor, 3 bottles of champagne. make sure you put that kind of stuff in the checked luggage. I flew there with more than 25 cigars, A tiny humidor jar, a cutter all in my carry on and they didn't even bother me. :-)
[Reply]
loki 09:26 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by Big_Ern:
just make sure that you do not have Cubans and you should be fine. I had to throw out lighters, pop,2 bottles of liquor, 3 bottles of champagne. make sure you put that kind of stuff in the checked luggage. I flew there with more than 25 cigars, A tiny humidor jar, a cutter all in my carry on and they didn't even bother me. :-)
well i won't be coming back to the us with any....does jamican customs really care if you bring cubans with you?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:33 PM 07-07-2010
Put your cigars and tools in your check-in luggage. No worries and enjoy your trip. If you are going to a resort, wait until you're there before buying native smokeables.
[Reply]
loki 09:46 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Put your cigars and tools in your check-in luggage. No worries and enjoy your trip. If you are going to a resort, wait until you're there before buying native smokeables.
cigars in checked luggage? sounds like a good way for them to go mia....things that always go in my carry on, cigars, valuables, electronics
[Reply]
Samsquanch 09:54 PM 07-07-2010
If you are going to a resort, wait until you're there before buying native smokeables.
Hmmm, I wonder what else there would be to smoke in Jamaica :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:05 AM 07-08-2010
I always put my cigars in my carry-on. The lighter and the cutter go in checked luggage.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:48 AM 07-08-2010
cigars in checked luggage? sounds like a good way for them to go mia....things that always go in my carry on, cigars, valuables, electronics
There's little checking of luggage or stealing of a couple cigars leaving the USA. The original poster is worried about the process, so checking them in with your luggage is easier. Would I check-in my Vacheron or ThinkPad? Probably not.
[Reply]
jkim05 04:53 PM 07-08-2010
well i won't be coming back to the us with any....does jamican customs really care if you bring cubans with you?
Why would they care where your cigars are from? They just wanna see if you're trying to introduce non-native flora/fauna or to see if you're attempting to avoid paying import duties on goods beyond your personal exemption. Check them or carry them on, it doesn't really matter.
[Reply]
Big_Ern 05:31 PM 07-08-2010
not the Jamaicans but US immigration or maybe it was me they liked to harass. :-) for the confusion
[Reply]
loki 05:54 PM 07-08-2010
Originally Posted by Big_Ern:
not the Jamaicans but US immigration or maybe it was me they liked to harass. :-) for the confusion
yeah there will be no cubans brought back to the us, i don't want to roll those dice. However, there maybe a few that are stuck down at the bottom of the travel humidor
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:49 AM 07-09-2010
dude, I brought a whole box into the US last year, no sweat. At Atlanta one customs guy asked Simon about his cigars, Simon just said "non Cubans" and that was all. He didn't even had to unpack them.
[Reply]
SmokeyNL 03:48 AM 07-09-2010
Have flown to the states with 4 boxes of CC's in my luggage and all they took was my lighter. You worry way too much Kevin.
[Reply]
loki 08:14 AM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by SmokeyNL:
Have flown to the states with 4 boxes of CC's in my luggage and all they took was my lighter. You worry way too much Kevin.
yeah I've been told that before. Just wanted to get my ducks in a row :-)
[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:35 AM 07-09-2010
hey have fun either way good luck, i wouldnt take an expensive lighter or cutter but thats just my 2 cents..
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up