Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Cigar Thief
Chinogobraap 10:34 PM 07-05-2010
The holiday went awesome, GF came into town with a box of ashtons 898's as a gift from her dad, saw some good friends and ate so much meat I might go vegetarian for a while. A few of us met up at my place before heading off to a friends place. I brought about 20 gars to smoke and pass out because i know a few people never bring gars to gatherings but still want one...being generous on bang, chug and meat day I brought extras.

A few close friend and 2 of their guests that I didn't know met up at my place to trade a few cigars and I usually let them pick one or two. I know I brought 5 Montecristo #1's and that there were 17 remaining( I rarely smoke this box its really good) I've been saving these since 2004, bought them in Hong Kong, and then brought them from California with me. I wouldn't even care if i saw them smoking on it later and just assumed it was fine to pick...thats cool. However, the box has since gone missing, gone...poof. it just pisses me off the humi is now going in the room.

All in all its just a box and the weekend was chill and a great brief mental checkout.

Sorry just had to vent
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:41 PM 07-05-2010
That really bites. It's unfortunate that not everyone understands what it's all about.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:43 PM 07-05-2010
That's a shitty thing to do, especially since you were already being generous. I hope you catch the ****er.
[Reply]
bvilchez 12:06 AM 07-06-2010
That's some bull$hit!!!! You're being generous to let them go into your humi and someone wants to pull that stunt. Things like this piss me off......but be patient for the thief will get his eventually.

Just put your head down at night with a clean conscious that you were being a good friend and a gentleman.

Hope the thief knows nothing of cigars and doesn't store them properly and tries to smoke them.
[Reply]
3SmokesaRound 12:31 AM 07-06-2010
I'm a firm believer in Karma. He or she will get there's. Glad to hear you still had an enjoyable time.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:18 AM 07-06-2010
They will get theirs in the end. :-)
[Reply]
Pass 04:32 AM 07-06-2010
That freakin' sucks!!! If someone did take them... They'll get their just deserts.

However, are you sure that they're gone and not just set aside? i.e. someone took the box out and forgot to put them back - or put them back in the wrong spot? Was anyone carrying a bag or backpack? I would find it odd that you had several guys in your humi and none of them would think to say anything about someone snatching a whole box. I would ask your friends about it. Also check the room and area just in case.

I just can't fathom someone spitting in the face of a BOTL who was generous enough to let them have their pick of the litter... But then, I have a conscience (shhhh keep that here).
[Reply]
Chingas 04:46 AM 07-06-2010
No words can describe. You're handling it mad well brother. I agree with the boys above tho, you got a clear conscience. What goes around comes around. I hope it all works out in the end somehow.
[Reply]
taltos 05:48 AM 07-06-2010
Track the thief down and turn him over to the Gunny. From personal experience, I know that Gunny's are well skilled in getting even. More seriously, hope that they were just misplaced.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:03 AM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by 3SmokesaRound:
I'm a firm believer in Karma. He or she will get there's. Glad to hear you still had an enjoyable time.
+1. A guy burned me a while back on another board on some cigars and I am a big believer in karma. I found out later that he was arrested after that for something :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:09 AM 07-06-2010
We hear stories like this every so often, and it is a drag to hear you got bit. Newbies? put your stash somewhere it won't get snatched. If you are in college, be aware of who has access to your stuff. Have a roommate? Don't trust their friends, or for that matter the roommate if you are at school. (at least with free and easy access to your smokes.)
The bright side is that you know (probably) who did it. Note to self, (unfortunately, it seems) GOOD friends are hard to find these days.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:42 AM 07-06-2010
BTW, you may want to have a chat with your "close friend" about his other "friends," if only as a warning to him that they might feel free to lift stuff from him as well.
These days, with spoiled little children willing to steal yes (steal) thousands and thousands of dollars by illegal digital downloads, a box of smokes for a measly couple hundred won't dent their conscience. I know a guy that admits to having mega gigs or terrabytes of illegal downloads of movies and music and has no conscience about having stolen it and told me he doesn't care and will continue to do so. I no longer count him as a friend, which is too bad, because he is a cigar smoker and might actually have the possibility to grow into an adult someday.
[Reply]
Chinogobraap 07:45 AM 07-06-2010
thanks guys yea I live by myself but people come and go frequently and I can vouch for my 5 friends who i've known since we were still drooling and wearing osh kosh. My one friend who brought the two randoms has apologized about what happened and will keep an eye out if some new sticks appear in their humis at work but im not holding my breath. I'm thinking about retaining the services of Dick Cheney to locate and deal with the culprits and Karl Rove to deal with whatever blowback comes with it, also I head gitmo is nice this time of year. If Cheney fails, Gunny I might have to retain your services and send in the big green machine and execute a little shock and awe.

In the end I have to see it from the point that I'm lucky im still in the position to replace the sticks and that I don't have to stoop to the point of stealing cigars. I hope there were beetles in that box and that they wake up with their humidor full of dust.
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:50 AM 07-06-2010
Stuff like this happens and it really sucks -- but don't let it make you less sharing or caring, otherwise "they" win. Just keep being the BOTL that you are and your good karma will eventually win out.
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:01 AM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by Chinogobraap:
...I'm thinking about retaining the services of Dick Cheney to locate and deal with the culprits and Karl Rove to deal with whatever blowback comes with it, also I hear gitmo is nice this time of year. If Cheney fails, Gunny I might have to retain your services and send in the big green machine and execute a little shock and awe.
If that happened to me, I'd go BIG:

[Reply]
Chinogobraap 12:17 PM 07-12-2010
By an odd chain of events the cigars have been recovered. The dbag that stole the cigars was a new guy at my buddies office. A few days ago he offered one of my cigars to the the receptionist and was showing them around the office saying that his friend brought them back for him from Europe.
My buddy went over to inquire out of curiosity, but after checking under the box and seeing the "Free Duty" $2340 HKD(Hong Kong Dollar) price sticker my buddy knew they were mine. He just dropped them off on his lunch and all in all 6 cigars are missing and their a little dry, my buddy says the dbag is on his 30 day probationary period...:-)
[Reply]
Pass 12:20 PM 07-12-2010
By an odd chain of events the cigars have been recovered. The dbag that stole the cigars was a new guy at my buddies office. A few days ago he offered one of my cigars to the the receptionist and was showing them around the office saying that his friend brought them back for him from Europe.
My buddy went over to inquire out of curiosity, but after checking under the box and seeing the "Free Duty" $2340 HKD(Hong Kong Dollar) price sticker my buddy knew they were mine. He just dropped them off on his lunch and all in all 6 cigars are missing and their a little dry, my buddy says the dbag is on his 30 day probationary period...:-)
Glad you got them back! The douchebag will likely not last the 30days... Karma's a ***** when she's pissed.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:22 PM 07-12-2010
(SNIP)...my buddy says the dbag is on his 30 day probationary period...:-)
I'll bet that if it's not over now, it will be soon.
[Reply]
76GTFan 12:30 PM 07-12-2010
Hell in GA his arse wouldn't have to have 30 days. He would get canned right there without any reason needed. Glad your mind can rest now. Now get those suckers back in rehab.
[Reply]
bvilchez 12:40 PM 07-12-2010
Can I get dbag's addy and number?

I HATE...yes HATE...thieves!!! Integrity goes along with respect...and both are like virginity...once it's gone you'll never get it back!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up