Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Damned if ya'all aint my pard'ners
stitch 06:20 PM 07-01-2010
Back in 04' I descovered CS ... And ya'all showed this old cow hand that there were other cigars than King Edwards ...
Ron (RGD) was the first person to ask me if I wanted to try a particular smoke.
He then promply bombed me with about 5,000 differnt cigars to try ... He got Mrs. Stitch to smokin' them in fact.
then in 05' we started the "Cigars for the Troops" thing ... Geez, Papajohn67, RGD,Dave 68' whatever that car is, Bazooka Joe, Squid, Mr.Maduro ... God I can't even remember all of you ... All jumped on board and started sending more smokes than could be counted ... Geez, Al, Fred, Damn I feel bad I can't remember .....
Then we all moved over here ... John, Ron, Dave, Al ... All of you I forgot to mention ... Some of the best friends I've ever had yet never met ...
I get support, Guidence, Help, Brotherhood ....
Daaaaaamn ...
The point of this thread is .... You young'uns and newbies ....
This place has a history ... It's about more than cigars ... it's about ALL of us here ... It's about BROTHERHOOD ....
And in that world out there you won't find this in many places.
To my long time Brothers ... GooooodDamn thank you for taking me into your fold ... To you Young'uns ... Welcome and be glad this is here due to just a few.
You are ALL my compadre's ... We shall ride one day in the sky
Thank you all for being here.
[Reply]
croatan 06:29 PM 07-01-2010
Great post, Stich, and so very true.

I think your experience mirrors that of many (if not most) of us. We came to CS or CA to learn about cigars and have stayed for the amazing friendships and camaraderie that, unfortunately, seem so rare in other places (online and off). And, sometimes, when things get down or there's bickering or strife in our little corner of the world, it's all too easy to forget that. Thanks for the reminder :-)

:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 06:33 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by stitch:
Back in 04' I descovered CS ... And ya'all showed this old cow hand that there were other cigars than King Edwards ...
Ron (RGD) was the first person to ask me if I wanted to try a particular smoke.
He then promply bombed me with about 5,000 differnt cigars to try ... He got Mrs. Stitch to smokin' them in fact.
then in 05' we started the "Cigars for the Troops" thing ... Geez, Papajohn67, RGD,Dave 68' whatever that car is, Bazooka Joe, Squid, Mr.Maduro ... God I can't even remember all of you ... All jumped on board and started sending more smokes than could be counted ... Geez, Al, Fred, Damn I feel bad I can't remember .....
Then we all moved over here ... John, Ron, Dave, Al ... All of you I forgot to mention ... Some of the best friends I've ever had yet never met ...
I get support, Guidence, Help, Brotherhood ....
Daaaaaamn ...
The point of this thread is .... You young'uns and newbies ....
This place has a history ... It's about more than cigars ... it's about ALL of us here ... It's about BROTHERHOOD ....
And in that world out there you won't find this in many places.
To my long time Brothers ... GooooodDamn thank you for taking me into your fold ... To you Young'uns ... Welcome and be glad this is here due to just a few.
You are ALL my compadre's ... We shall ride one day in the sky
Thank you all for being here.
QFT. :-) Well stated. As James said, this mirrors many of our experience. The bonds of friendship formed here and on CS go far beyond anything else I have found in my life. :-)
[Reply]
stitch 06:48 PM 07-01-2010
John (Papajohn67) has bombed me with so much stuff over the years it would take a fork lift to carry it all and has been a true "Been there done that" kind of brother ... Ron (RGD) has helped me in way's I'll never be able to repay, Al (ahc4353) He's been one of those people who you just wish you could sit down with and say ... Thank you Man ... Just for who you are, Thank you.
Nick the "Ragin Cajun" ... Chit ... What can I say but Semper Fi Bro !!!
Marine SSGt's Rule the world ... Bao ... SGT. of Marines ... You too Bro, Semper FI.
You guy's of the team of 11 ... Damn, You saved our Butts !!!
Thank you Brothers ... Just Thank you.
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:34 PM 07-01-2010
Guys like you and Ron and many others,make it all worthwhile Jeff.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:14 PM 07-01-2010
Amen brother...amen. Its guys like you, papajohn, and Fred that keeps a place like this feeling like home. When you're home you're with family and who wouldn't do anything to help their family?

Damn I miss Squid....time for me to pick up the phone.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:03 PM 07-01-2010
Great post Stitch!!! :-) :-) It truly is about the brotherhood!! :-)
[Reply]
cort 09:08 PM 07-01-2010
AMEN:-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:14 PM 07-01-2010
Great post Stitch. That's really what all of Life is about when you come right down to it. A few good brothers and sisters that make life richer. Thanks for the reminder. :-)
[Reply]
stitch 09:18 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Damn I miss Squid....time for me to pick up the phone.Posted via Mobile Device
Where in theeee hell did that Navy/CIA/NSA Spook run off to anyways ????
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:18 PM 07-01-2010
Thanks Jeff:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 PM 07-01-2010
Thanks Jeff....reminders of our history, and our Brotherhood, always bring a smile to my face. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 09:46 PM 07-01-2010
As a new member to the family I must say, I love it here. So far everyone I've encountered has been great. Responses to threads are fast as hell and the responses are genuine. I feel honored to be part of the Asylum. Sure I ask stupid questions like what is CS I thought it was CA but people here forgive easily.

My only regret is not finding this place in 93 when I first started smoking. The wealth of knowledge here and the brotherhood of family is just awesome.

I may be new here but I plan on being an active member. Sharing what I know and learning from others. I want to be here for the good times, the bad times and everything inbetween.

Thanks for excepting me and playing an integral part in the Asylum.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:48 PM 07-01-2010
wonderful post brother absolutely wonderful!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:53 PM 07-01-2010
Good words - good thoughts. Thanks!
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:58 PM 07-01-2010
So true brother, I have friendships here as strong or stronger than I've had in my entire life and for that I am truly thankful :-)
[Reply]
Lear31MX 09:59 PM 07-01-2010
Inspiring post. Thanks from a newbie
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:12 PM 07-01-2010
Thanks, Stitch... as a former gorilla, I appreciate the reminders. For all of those who have found CA at a later time, I hope they can appreciate the perspective you give to what this place really is all about.

And you guys are right... time to find Squid. Haven't seen him since we herfed in Fayetteville - has it been since February '09?!?!

Saw where he signed on last on 6/28. Maybe a timely PM would be appropriate. :-)

Well said, Stitch. You are a quality brother. So thankful for my personalized leather cigar case. :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 10:16 PM 07-01-2010
:-):-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:23 PM 07-01-2010
Solid post mi amigo:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up