Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>That's a lot of cigars
KenS 03:28 PM 10-26-2008
Had a few wrap-up projects to take care of this weekend, before the Michigan winter sets in. Hal (HK3-) and Lee (well, um, Lee) came over to lend a helping hand. My son Jon also got into the act, once he realized there would be stogies meeting a firey death.

It was cold and rainy, so we setup in the garage, knowing we'd need shelter (and a TV to watch some college football).

Ok, so the chores were actually the secondary reason for getting together. We started out with a La Gloria Cubana Médaille d'Or No. 2 that Lee brought over (Jon smoked one of his NC's ... he's not a snob yet). First up was some siding that needed to be repaired after putting in a new stone patio/deck this summer. Luckily, Hal really knew his sh!t installing the siding. That task didn't even last through the cigar. About 4 areas needed help, and Hal made short work of it. The rest of us did some awesome watching, and none of our cigars went out. So that was a success.

Exhausted from watching Hal work, we all took a break to open up some Port. Started with a Warre's Otima 10 year, and quickly shifted over to a Sandeman's Ruby Port. Also moved on to a Fonseca Cosaco from Hal (and one that I had from a MAW from bobarian). Didn't take long for us to run low on Port, and there was still some work to do. Made a quick run to a local liquor store for some more, and came back to choose our next working cigar. This time it was a PSD4 ... one of my favorites.

Now, this port I'm holding was pretty special. Hal splurged on a 1997 Graham's Vintage (damn good!!). But here I really need to explain the hat. I'm not a big fan of Gurkha, but this was one of those freebies that a bunch of us got from Gurkha last year. Since we were working/watching Hal while it was raining, I needed a hat that I didn't care about ruining (yes Hal, that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Ok, back to work. This time is was doing a bit of repair of the sprinkler system and we had to move one of the sprinkler heads inside the new fence area. Yes, actual manual labor this time. That's Lee supervising, and Hal calling somebody who gives a sh!t.

We finished off the working session with a Cohiba Maduro 5 Secretos. Our 4th smoke of the afternoon. This is just about the time that Hal was starting to be ... er ... "effected" by the Port. Good thing we were done with the work.

Not satisfied with a 4-stogie day, we ended up at Lee's house (just down the road) with the wives, and finished off with a 5 Vegas Shorty (thanks Jon). Later in the evening, we got Hal sobered up to head home, and Lee sent him along with a Monte Especial, which Hal was still smoking when he got home.

Five cigars in a day is a personal record for me, but it was a great day overall (and yes, we know that Hal can actually smoke six stogies at one time, so no record for him).

Now Jon, Lee and I are back at the scene of the crime at this moment, smoking a Juan Lopez Corona while watching some NFL football in the garage.

Damn, I need Monday to get here so I can get back to the office for some rest!!
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 03:48 PM 10-26-2008
Looks like you guys had some fun and actually managed to get stuff done. Usually when there's stogies and alcohol involved my buddies stop functioning.
[Reply]
groogs 04:05 PM 10-26-2008
It looks like you guys had a good day. I am impressed that you could keep the guys working with Football on the TV and Alcohol and stogies on the table. My friends would have been yelling from the garage, "Are You Done Yet, You Are Missinga Great Game", while smoking my cigars, and drinking my alcohol.:-)
[Reply]
KenS 04:07 PM 10-26-2008
Let's just say that there were moments of "reduced productivity" :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:11 PM 10-26-2008
Looks like fun!!! Can I help next weekend???:-)
[Reply]
Scottw 04:14 PM 10-26-2008
Looks and sounds like a great time.
[Reply]
BlackDog 04:16 PM 10-26-2008
That looks fabulous! I'm pretty good at painting, so keep me in mind for the spring chores. :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 04:17 PM 10-26-2008
WOW! You mean I can put these guys to work when they come over to herf?

HERF NEXT WEEKEND! I got some gutters to clean. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 04:41 PM 10-26-2008
Ummm, I usually get nothing done when I drink and smoke... Looks like it was a great time! :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 05:23 PM 10-26-2008
Looks like you guys had some great smokes and great drink!

It's funny - you deal with a lot of folks here without being able to place a face with the name. I've dealt with Hal a few times and when I looked at the first pic was trying to figure out which one was Hal. I was wondering why Lance Armstrong was smoking cigars with you guys! I always pictured Hal as an old fart like me. Thanks for the pics!
[Reply]
KenS 05:46 PM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Looks like you guys had some great smokes and great drink!

It's funny - you deal with a lot of folks here without being able to place a face with the name. I've dealt with Hal a few times and when I looked at the first pic was trying to figure out which one was Hal. I was wondering why Lance Armstrong was smoking cigars with you guys! I always pictured Hal as an old fart like me. Thanks for the pics!
I can attest that Hal is actually a young fart, but a fart nonetheless :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:00 PM 10-26-2008
looks like a good time:-)
[Reply]
Dinosaur Jr 06:07 PM 10-26-2008
That is a lot of cigars! thanks for the pics. looks like a blast.
[Reply]
dcamacho 06:13 PM 10-26-2008
nice! looks like fun
[Reply]
DrDubzz 06:55 PM 10-26-2008
looks like a great time!
[Reply]
NickyTeen 07:04 PM 10-26-2008
Looks like a great time.:-) I've being doing chores all wrong!:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 07:07 PM 10-26-2008
Now that's interesting. Never would have thought to work and herf!:-)
[Reply]
skyhigh340 07:16 PM 10-26-2008
Now that's the kind of work party I can get into!:-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:12 PM 10-26-2008
Drinking and smoking while working. That's awesome!

I need to bring this up to my supervisor Monday morning.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:51 PM 10-26-2008
Looks like you guys had a great time! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up