Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 194 of 199
« First < 94144184192193194 195196 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Weelok 09:41 PM 03-08-2024
Lottery win to purchase. Obviously never tried it. Will eventually but not in the queue yet. Maybe Easter.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:54 AM 03-09-2024
Nice score, Dave!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:53 AM 03-09-2024
Dave, congrats! :-)

I've been seeing Holliday bourbon around here for a few months, and specifically heard good things about the Soft Red Wheat Bottled in Bond, but not enough to entice me to buy.

Well, the local Binny's just got the "Rickhouse Proof" version at 120.1 proof. That was enough to entice me.

It's a decent wheater, if it cost what the BiB cost I'd say it was a great buy. At $30 more, not as much.

[Reply]
jledou 07:51 AM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Dave, congrats! :-)

I've been seeing Holliday bourbon around here for a few months, and specifically heard good things about the Soft Red Wheat Bottled in Bond, but not enough to entice me to buy.

Well, the local Binny's just got the "Rickhouse Proof" version at 120.1 proof. That was enough to entice me.

It's a decent wheater, if it cost what the BiB cost I'd say it was a great buy. At $30 more, not as much.

The distillery is just north of me in Weston. A small little town with some nice character and history. We took the distillery tour in December and had a good time. The rickhouse proof of both the regular and the wheat are good, but as you mentioned Tom a little high on price point. Surprising given that this is McCormick.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:56 AM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by jledou:
The distillery is just north of me in Weston. A small little town with some nice character and history. We took the distillery tour in December and had a good time. The rickhouse proof of both the regular and the wheat are good, but as you mentioned Tom a little high on price point. Surprising given that this is McCormick.
Interesting, Jay, thank you for the info! :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:21 AM 03-11-2024
I've only tried one or two Holladay bottles and liked them, there's going to be a cool release coming out soon called the "18 barrel blend" that a friend had a part in creating, he's been saying we all need to load up since it's something special but we'll see, I think it's going to be around $100 which is around the point I like to try before I buy
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:31 AM 03-11-2024
I’ve been to Weston years ago. Cool little town. Ate at the Tin Kitchen and then stumbled upon Weston Tobacco.
[Reply]
stearns 09:24 AM 03-11-2024
Reporting back on the JD Rye, it sure was tasty, I need to try again soon when I have time to actually pay attention but I got a nice dried fruit note to go with the expected spice. I also tried a sample of JD12, I was a big fan of that one too despite not really liking the 10

Originally Posted by Weelok:
Lottery win to purchase. Obviously never tried it. Will eventually but not in the queue yet. Maybe Easter.
Congrats! I love THH, I haven't tried this year's yet but when possible I like to have a bottle on hand for when I want a punchy rye. Drinking through a 2022 now that is the bees knees :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 11:45 PM 03-11-2024
Originally Posted by stearns:
Congrats! I love THH, I haven't tried this year's yet but when possible I like to have a bottle on hand for when I want a punchy rye. Drinking through a 2022 now that is the bees knees :-)
This is great to hear. I do love Rye Whiskies and put this as my pick one. I don’t quite understand Total Wines lottery system but I’m surmising your odds of winning increase if your number one pick is not in the collective pools top pick.

All of the picks were unknown to myself so went with a Rye hah.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:14 AM 03-12-2024
I've only tried one or two Holladay bottles and liked them, there's going to be a cool release coming out soon called the "18 barrel blend" that a friend had a part in creating, he's been saying we all need to load up since it's something special but we'll see, I think it's going to be around $100 which is around the point I like to try before I buy
Absolutely, Ben. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:22 AM 03-12-2024
Absolutely, Ben. :-)
He assured me it would come with a box, so there's that :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:12 AM 03-12-2024
He assured me it would come with a box, so there's that :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:46 AM 03-12-2024
Reading thru the Reddit bourbon sub earlier. Someone did a review of an unopened bottle of early 2000’s Bookers, that they bought at a garage sale for $20. Rated it really highly.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:03 AM 03-13-2024
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Reading thru the Reddit bourbon sub earlier. Someone did a review of an unopened bottle of early 2000’s Bookers, that they bought at a garage sale for $20. Rated it really highly.
:-) :-)

I bought a "drinker" bottle of Booker's Toogie's Invitation (16-03) at a discount because it had a torn label. I'll take it at less than half of secondary, it's one of my favorites.

Followed that up with a pour of Center Cut (15-03).

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:16 AM 03-13-2024
I was on my local base today seeing if they had anything interesting. They had the JD Single Barrel Rye, but not the Barrel Strength. So I passed.
[Reply]
Weelok 12:26 PM 03-13-2024
:-) :-)

I bought a "drinker" bottle of Booker's Toogie's Invitation (16-03) at a discount because it had a torn label. I'll take it at less than half of secondary, it's one of my favorites.

Followed that up with a pour of Center Cut (15-03).

Bookers is on my list. Hard to find. Looks like your not the only one that enjoys Bookers.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:48 AM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Bookers is on my list. Hard to find. Looks like your not the only one that enjoys Bookers.
Lots of great batches over the years, Dave. Unfortunately most of my favorites are 2019 or earlier. Fortunately, I've got some backups for the best ones.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:49 AM 03-14-2024
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:32 AM 03-14-2024

[Reply]
Weelok 01:07 PM 03-14-2024

Party time!!!!!!!!! Bar is set up and ready to go.
[Reply]
Page 194 of 199
« First < 94144184192193194 195196 > Last »
Up