Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 93 of 231
« First < 4383919293 9495103143193 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 04:06 AM 08-14-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm back in NY. I spent the past few days right after the Quad State Herf was over in Detroit, MI. I was initially sent out there by the Army to evaluate a scheduled "Active Shooter Exercise" but that changed drastically as the entire Detroit - Warren County area became a flood zone. Major highways are still closed down as we speak and hundreds of cars are stranded / water logged all over the place. We were in Buddy's Restaurant and as we were enjoying our pizza, the flooding came very quick. Within minutes, we were standing in a foot and a half of water in the pizzeria and had to be rescued by the local FD with small boats and such to higher ground. Right outside of the establishment, there was a a 30 year old lady having major problems. We found out later that she didn't make it: Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm back in NY. I spent the past few days right after the Quad State Herf was over in Detroit, MI. I was initially sent out there by the Army to evaluate a scheduled "Active Shooter Exercise" but that changed drastically as the entire Detroit - Warren County area became a flood zone. Major highways are still closed down as we speak and hundreds of cars are stranded / water logged all over the place. We were in Buddy's Restaurant and as we were enjoying our pizza, the flooding came very quick. Within minutes, we were standing in a foot and a half of water in the pizzeria and had to be rescued by the local FD with small boats and such to higher ground. Right outside of the establishment, there was a a 30 year old lady having major problems. We found out later that she didn't make it:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...n_30_suff.html.

So the "Exercise" turned into a real world situation and we ended up helping out the Detroit Arsenal as they had major problems as well and evaluated their response and recovery actions. Got home late last night and off to work shortly. Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:14 AM 08-15-2014
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0415 and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar enjoying primo cigars and talking about last weekend's Herf. Hope everyone has a good one and enjoys a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 01:10 PM 08-15-2014
Right place at the right time. Nice work!
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:59 AM 08-18-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Monday morning already. Congrats to Jeff Gordon for taking the Checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race in Michigan and to the Yankees for taking 2 out of 3 from the Rays this weekend. I went out yesterday with my wife Beth with the intentions of going to the Newburgh Brewery and having a couple. Instead, we went by the Jeep dealer across the river in Beacon, NY and we ended up trading in my 2 door 09' Jeep Wrangler X for a 14' (Brand New) 4 door Wrangler Sport Unlimited (color - Amp'd). We pick it up this week after they prep it and all and oh yeah, got a great deal as they want to clear out the 14's for the new 15's that are coming in. Anyway, hope everyone has a good one as well and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:02 AM 08-19-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Tuesday morning. The Yankees are back home with a 3 game series starting tonight with the Astros and another then another 3 game series this weekend against the White Sox. Hopefully they put up a number of "W"s and tighten up the AL East. Enjoy everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:46 AM 08-20-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Hump Day! I see that the Yankees lost last night 7 - 4, lets turn thing around fellas and put up some "W"s. Anyway, enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite if you get the chance...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:54 AM 08-21-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means that we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. I see that the Yanks lost again yesterday, looks like it's gonna be a long second half of the season. Last night's NASCAR Truck series race got rained out in Bristol, TN and is rescheduled for this morning at 1000 (10am) on FOX Sports 1:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ck-series.html

The Yankees have a day game as well with the first pitch being thrown at 1305 (1:05pm). Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:08 AM 08-22-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! Well, it's about time the Yankees won one yesterday, let's hope they keep this winning trend going. NASCAR wise, the racers are in Bristol, TN this weekend with the Nationwide race this evening and the Sprint Cup series tomorrow night. Bristol is one of my favorite tracks with steep banking, an all concrete surface, two pit roads and stadium like seating: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Motor_Speedway

http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/home/

Also this weekend, the Black Forest Mill in Highland Mills, NY is celebrating Oktoberfest this Saturday and Sunday which is always a treat: http://www.blackforestmill.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-B...101961?sk=wall

Enjoy the weekend everyone and I hope you get to enjoy a few of your favorites throughout it........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:48 AM 08-25-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already Monday morning. First off, I want to send out a prayer to all of our sisters and brothers of the leaf in the Napa Valley, hope everyone is okay. I have seen a lot of damage both on the news and photos on Facebook, a 6.0 is devastating. Well, congrats to the Yankees as they swept the White Sox this weekend, let's hope they keep this up and continue with the hot bats. I hope everyone has a good week and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:41 AM 08-26-2014
Good morning, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's off to work shortly. It was good to see the Yankees win again last night and now have 5 "W"s in a row (knock on wood). The Bombers have a 3 game series with the Tigers in Detroit starting this evening and then move on to Toronto this weekend. I hope all of the effected S/BOTL in the Napa area are okay and recover with little to no damage. Enjoy the day everyone and smoke a favorite or two or......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:31 AM 08-27-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". Well, I see that the Yankees lost last night to the Tigers, lets hope they turn things around this evening and put up a "W". Enjoy the day everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:55 AM 08-28-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. It was good to see the Yankees bounced back with a big win last night and hopefully they do the same today as the first pitch will be thrown at 1305 (1:05pm). Enjoy the day everyone and I hope to see a number of the regulars this evening for a cigar or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:56 AM 08-29-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, saw a number of the regulars to include Ian & Ronnie along with the Don and so on. The Yankees lost to the Tigers yesterday afternoon 3 - 2, let's hope they do better this weekend against the Blue Jays up in Toronto. The NASCAR racers are in Atlanta this weekend and I see that Tony Stewart will be back behind the wheel of the #14 Chevrolet. Enjoy this Labor Day weekend everyone, drink responsibly and smoke a few of your best throughout it........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 09-02-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work for some and back to school for others. Had a relaxing Labor Day weekend for the most of it, saw a number of relatives and smoked a few tasty sticks as well. Welcome in September with a cigar or two and hope everyone has a great week......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 09-03-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day" for some. This Saturday is Army's first home football of the season and we'll be working from 0500 until well after the game is over. The Black Knights are taking on Buffalo which should a good one. Well, I see that the Yankees lost 9 - 4 against the Red Sox last night, not looking good for the home team as far as the playoffs go if they keep this up. Anyway, hope everyone has a great day and enjoys........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:46 AM 09-04-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying primo stogies. It was good to see the Yankees win last night over the Red Sox 5 - 1, hopefully they can take the rubber match game tonight as the first pitch is thrown at 1905 (7:05pm). Hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:54 AM 09-05-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good night at Schlesinger's last night hangin' out with a number of the regulars smokin' and jokin'. A big congrats to the Yankees for winning last night as Chase Headley had a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/mlb/g...recap&c_id=nyy

Tomorrow we have the first Army football home game here at West Point versus Buffalo, should be a good one, fingers crossed the weather won't be too bad:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...3&lon=-74.0273

Anyway, enjoy the weekend everyone and smoke a favorite or two throughout it........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:39 AM 09-07-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a great day here in the Hudson Valley. Army won yesterday over Buffalo and the Yankees won as well. Today will have a number of good NFL match ups and more Yankees baseball as well. Hope everyone has a good one and enjoys........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:57 AM 09-14-2014
Good morning all, the coffee is on and we are back from our trip to San Antonio. Enjoyed the River Walk each evening, smoked some tasty cigars as well as sipped on cold beers and margaritas. Got back to a cool New York weather and I'm actually enjoying it. Today we have plenty of football, baseball and NASCAR to watch. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two as well........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:58 AM 09-15-2014
Good Monday morning all, the coffee is back on at 0430 and it's back to the office again. It was a bad day all around for New York fans, the Yankees, the Mets, the Giants and the Jets all lost. All I can say is lets hope my Eagles win tonight and start off the season with a 2 - 0 record. Congrats to Brad Keselowski driving the #2 Miller Lite car as he took the checkered flag in yesterdays NASCAR race at Chicagoland. Enjoy the week everyone and smoke a favorite or two when you get the chance........ :-)
[Reply]
Page 93 of 231
« First < 4383919293 9495103143193 > Last »
Up