Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 24 of 232
« First < 14222324 25263474124 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 04:07 AM 03-04-2010
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. Well, with Spring Training now in full action, it was good to see the Yankees on the TV yesterday win over the Pirates 6 to 3. We are exactly 31 day from Opening Day which means that the spring is near and we can put this nasty winter behind us. Today being Thusday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and talking about this past Saturday's Quad State Herf. As I informed Sean (BigMacFU) earlier, we raised $9450 of which $630 was over-head, so we cleared $8820. When I informed the Wounded Warrior folks, they were totally blown away. It makes me feel so good to be able to do this and hopefully next year we do it in the late summertime instead. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite cigar or two as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:03 AM 03-05-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. We had a good time at Schlesinger's last night with the normal Thursday night crowd along with with a few new faces. We enjoyed watching the Rangers vs. Pennguins hockey game while smoking a few primo ceegars. This morning Bill (Bravo Lima) and I will be presenting the Warrior Transition Unit (WTU) the monies we raised last Saturday at the QSH. It will be a proud moment as these guys mean a lot to me as they do to a lot of you. This weekend is filled with numerous sports to enjoy ranging from NASCAR, NHL, NBA and preseason MBL. I hope everyone has a relaxing one filled with a few of your favorites through out it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:29 AM 03-06-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. It's good to see the sun is out today nice and bright. Hopefully some of this snow will melt away the spring will be here soon. Today the NASCAR Truck Series race is on at 1400(2pm) and the racers are in Atlanta this week. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:52 AM 03-08-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. It was another exciting race from Atlanta yesterday as there was plenty of action and congratulations to Kurt Busch and the entire Miller Lite team for taking the checkered flag at the end. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:14 AM 03-09-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Yesterday's 56 degrees was a big change from last week's 20s - 30s. I hope that the winter season is ending for us and nicer weather days are coming soon. The Yankees did good yesterday at Spring Training and we are 26 days from Opening Night of the 2010 MLB regular season:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:56 AM 03-10-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, it's "Hump Day' today which means that we only have 2 more days of work until the weekend. The only problem we have is that after today they are calling for rain through next Tuesday:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I would definitely welcome rain versus snow any day as I'm tired of shoveling it and cleaning the Jeeps off after each snow fall. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:41 AM 03-11-2010
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and I'm glad it is. I've got to get going soon as West Point is presenting an Active Shooter Seminar this morning and I have to be there by 0700(7am). So, today being Thursday, we will be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying cigars and exchanging this weeks top stories. I hope all of you have a great day and take the time to enjoy a favorite or two as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:14 AM 03-12-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while. We had a good time last night at Schlesingers enjoying top shelf ceegars while watching the ND vs. Pitt basketball game which came down to the final seconds of the game. This weekend the weather guessers are calling for a lot of rain still, more to follow. We have a conference call this morning with the National Weather Service so they will give us the updates as to when it will start and how much. Anyway, I hope everyone stays dry and has a great weekend, T.G.I.F....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:06 AM 03-13-2010
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Today being a rainy one today, I'll be headin' over to Schlesinger's / Hudson Valley Cigars to enjoy a couple of primo stogies and see how the fellas are doin'. They'll be plenty of college basketball on today as well as a few other sports to watch on the TV. I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys a favorite or two as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:55 AM 03-14-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. I hung out with the guys yesterday at Schlesinger's smoking primo sticks for most of the day while watching some great college basketball and staying dry. The majority of the storm has passed and there was a lot of damage everywhere from fallen trees to burning buildings. Some areas have severe flooding with no power and I hope everyone will recover soon. Today we'll watch some more hoops on the Tv and have a number of our relatives come over and enjoy a nice cornbeef and cabbage dinner. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:08 AM 03-15-2010
Good morning all and as always, the coffee has been on for a while now. We had a good day yesterday with a number of the family members over enjoying a traditional Irish meal while listening to some Irish tunes. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable week celibrating St. Patty's Day and all that goes into it...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:05 AM 03-16-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. I see that there is some major flooding still in the tri-state area along with a lot of tree damage, I hope all of you that may be affected by it recover soon. Hopefully the weather changes and we get some sun soon to dry things up, NOAA is predicting this from today thru Sunday:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoy....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:51 AM 03-18-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, we had a great time yesterday celibrating St. Patty's Day and to see a number of our family and friends out as well. The weather was great with temps in the 60s which is not normal for upstate New York in mid March. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying fine cigars and catching up on this weeks news. If your in the hieghborhood and you have the time, stop on by and join us. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:03 AM 03-19-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is finally on. I took today off to enjoy St Joseph's Day with Beth and one of my nephew's. We are planning to go to Pine Island, NY and visit one of their Polish markets and taste the local fare. Afterwards, we'll head over to the Warwick Valley Winery and do some wine tasting. I'm sure that a couple of ceegars will be smoked today as the weather is looking to be nice again. I hope everyone has a great day and you get to smoke a primo stick or two as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:48 AM 03-20-2010
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it looks to be another great day today. We had a great day yesterday celibrating St. Joseph's Day and the weather was perfect for it. Today we have all sorts of sports to watch to include college basketball, NASCAR, NHL, pre-season baseball and a few others. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it to the fulliest...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:12 AM 03-21-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Yesterday was another beautiful day outside, I went over to the cigar shop and the fellas had the table outside. This is probably my favorite time of the year, temps in the lower 70s and sunny, NASCAR season in full bloom, the MLB season about to start and the college basketball playoffs about to finish. Today we'll probably BBQ again and I'll definitely be watching the NASCAR race from Bristol which is one of my favorite tracks. I hope everyone has a great one as well and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:41 AM 03-22-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, I'm glad that the rain held off till today as we have had a great 5 days of weather in a row. I hope this is a sign of the type of spring / summer we'll have this year considered after the nasty winter we have experienced. Anyway, congrats to Jimmie Johnson and the entire Lowes racing team for winning yesterday's Food City 500 at Bristol, TN. For the highlights and the unofficial results, look here:

http://www.nascar.com/

I hope everyone has a great week and you take the time to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 03-23-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, we are down to the men's NCAA sweet 16 which will be back in full swing this Thursday. Here is the updated brackets to give you an idea who plays who and when:

http://www.chiff.com/recreation/spor...acket-view.htm

I hope your team is still in it and goes the distance. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:40 AM 03-24-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, we are 12 days until opening day for the 2010 MLB regular season. It's just like Speed Week down in Daytona for NASCAR, a lot of practice and the strong raise to the top. I hope the Bombers have another great season and they can keep the championship here in NY for another year. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:53 AM 03-25-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, there's not much going on today except for work and that it's Thursday which means that we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and catching up on the worlds news. If you're in the area and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a good day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Page 24 of 232
« First < 14222324 25263474124 > Last »
Up