Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 232
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 07:41 AM 09-07-2009
Good morning all and a Happy Labor to all. Well the Yankees got spanked yesterday by the Blue Jays 14 - 8 and they'll be back at it today with a day - night double header. In the first game we have C.C. Sabathia pitching and then this evening A.J. Burnett takes the mound for the Bombers. Last night Kasey Kane won the NASCAR race in Atlanta, congrats to Kasey and the entire Budweiser racing team. I hope everyone has a relaxing day filled with top knotch cigars, tastey treats and cool beverages...... :-)

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:15 AM 09-08-2009
Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Yesterday, the Yankees won both games of the day - night double header at Yankee Stadium giving them a 9.0 game lead over the Boston Red Sox. They'll be back at it this evening at 1905(7:05pm) and hopefully Jeter can get a hit or two in today's game. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 09-09-2009
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, what can I say, the Yankees won again last night and this time with a walk-off homer from Nick Swisher in the bottom of the 9th to make it 3 - 2. The Bombers will take on the Rays one more time this evening at 1905(7:05pm) with Joba Chamberlain starting on the mound. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:22 AM 09-10-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees won again last night 4 - 2 in the same way they have been for a while. Jorge Posada hit a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 8th but the big news is that Derek Jeter tied Lou Gehrig's all time hit record with 2721 as a Bomber. For the full story, look here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The Yanks are off tonight and will take on the Orioles Friday evening here in New York and I'll be there to watch the record broken. My brother-in-law called and invited Beth and I along with his wife Suzanne to their Legend Box Suite which should be great. More to follow on that. Well, being that it's Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and watching the season opener for the NFL. If you're close by and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope you have a great day and get to enjoy a favorite cigar if you get the chance....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:43 AM 09-11-2009
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, we had a great time at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar last night with a packed house enjoying primo sticks and watching the opening game for the 2009 - 2010 NFL season. Congrats to the Steelers for a close win with a final score of 13 - 10 in overtime. Today, we'll be heading down to Yankee Stadium and hopefully Derek Jeter hits a least one to break the Lou Gehrig record of most hits as a Yankee. The game starts at 1905(7:05pm) with Andy Pettitte starting on the mound for the Bombers. This weekend Army takes on Duke here at West Point in Football which has a 1200(12pm) kick off and will be on ABC Sports. We'll be in the Emergency Operations Center working the game starting at 0600(6am). Anyway, I hope everyone has a super weekend and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 02:41 AM 09-12-2009
Good morning (yeah it's 0430) all and thank god for coffee. 3 hours after laying down last night and I'm back up getting ready to go to work. We have to be ready to go hot at 0600 in the Emergency Operation Center for today's Army vs. Duke football game. Last night was awesome at the Yankees game as I got to witness history as Derek Jeter broke Lou Gerig's record of most hits by any Yankee ever. We were in the Legends Suite about 6 rows from 1st base and the place went wild. Well, I've got to run so I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys...... :-)

GO ARMY!!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 07:03 AM 09-13-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, yesterday was not that great of a sports day as the Yankees lost and so did Army against Duke. I did see that Kyle Busch didn't make the Race to the Chase in NASCAR, that's good news as he thinks he's a prima donna. Today I'll be kickin' back relaxing on the back deck with the Yankee game on and smoking a couple of primo cigars. Being that I'm a Philadelphia Eagles fan and it's not on the TV up here in NY today, I'll have to follow them on the computer. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and get's to relax and enjoy a favorite cigar as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:37 AM 09-14-2009
Good morning all, as always, the coffee is on. The Yankees won 13 - 3 with an 8 run ralley in the 8th inning and they'll be taking on the Angels this evening at 1905(7:05pm) with Joba Chamberlain throwing the 1st pitch for the Bombers. Also yesterday, the Eagles won 38 - 10 over the Panthers which was not televised up here in the New York this week. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:11 AM 09-15-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is brewin' as always. The Yankees won another one last night 5 - 3 as Teixeira went 3 for 4 at bats and then Brett Gardner initiated a double-steal and scored later scored on an error. For the full story and video, look here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Tonight the Bombers will be taking on Toronto at 1905(7:05pm) with Sergio Mitre starting on the mound. I hope everyone has a great day and smokes a primo stogie if you get the chance...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:21 AM 09-16-2009
Good morning and a happy "Hump Day" greeting to all. Well the Yankees got beat last night 10 - 4 and hopefully they bounce back this evening with a "W" of their own. Besides that, it's pretty much quiet today except for getting ready for the Army vs. Ball State football game which is scheduled for Saturday with a kick off time of 1200. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :-)

[Reply]
longknocker 06:36 AM 09-16-2009
Originally Posted by Stogieman:
Good morning and a happy "Hump Day" greeting to all. Well the Yankees got beat last night 10 - 4 and hopefully they bounce back this evening with a "W" of their own. Besides that, it's pretty much quiet today except for getting ready for the Army vs. Ball State football game which is scheduled for Saturday with a kick off time of 1200. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :-)

No Comments on the "Fight" last nite?:-):-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:24 AM 09-16-2009
Originally Posted by Stogieman:
...Well the Yankees got beat last night 10 - 4 ...... :-)
.... and Posada acted like a jerk, got into a brawl and will probably be suspended. :-), by the way, the Sox won.
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:26 AM 09-17-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees won last night in the same fashion they have all season. This time it was Franciso Cevelli with a walk-off single in the bottom of the 9th scoring Brett Gardner to win it 5 - 4.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The Bombers are off tonight and will be back at it Friday evening in Seattle taking on the Mariners. Well, today being Thursday and all, we will be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and exchanging this weeks adventures. If you are close by and have the time, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope you have a great day and enjoy it as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:01 AM 09-18-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's smoking primo sticks and catching up on all the world news. We had a full house of about 25 to 30 regulars along with the Thursday night crowd to enjoy cigars and college football. Tonight the Yankees will be taking on the Mariners in Seattle starting at 2210(10:10pm) with A.J. Burnett starting on the mound for the Bombers. Tomorrow, Army will be taking on Ball State here at West Point with a 1200(noon) kick-off. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend filled with top shelf cigars and good times....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 02:30 AM 09-19-2009
Good morning all and yes, it's 0430(4:30am) on a Saturday and I'm about ready to go to work. Army takes on Ball State today at noon so we have to have to Emergency Operation Center up and running at 0600(6am). http://www.usma.edu/Garrison/sites/d...ates/dptms.asp Well, last night showed that Mariano Rivera is not perfect as the Yankees lost 3 - 2 in the bottom of the 9th inning. The Bombers will be back at it again this evening and hopefully they end up with a "W" this time. Well, I got to run so I hope everyone has a great dat and enjoys....... :-)

Oh yeah, the coffee is definitely on!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:39 AM 09-20-2009
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, Army beat Ball State 24 - 17 which was actually a good game to watch for a change. Then last night, the Yankees beat up on the Mariners 10 - 1 with a great showing from C.C. Sabathia. Today the two teams will meet up one more time to play the rubber game of the match. Joba Chamberlain is scheduled to start on the mound for the Bombers which is at 1610(4:10pm). Also today is the first race of the "Race to the Chase" for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series up in New Hampshire at 1300(1pm). I hope everyone has a super Sunday and relaxes with a primo stick or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
JJG 09:15 AM 09-20-2009
morning all!

I know I'm a poor excuse for a Houstonian but I have no interest in watching the Texans today. Unfortunately that's what CBS is showing instead of the Pats/Jets :-) I just wanted to lay on the couch and doze off instead of going to a bar somewhere to watch the game. looks like it's Texans or nothing.
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:52 AM 09-21-2009
Good morning all and as always, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankkes had their butts handed to them again loosing 7 - 1 to the Mariners. Tonight they'll try and bounce back against the Angels at 2205(10:05pm) with Andy Pettitte pitching for the Bombers. In NASCAR, the ole' man Mark Martin won the opening race for the Chase towards the Championship yesterday up in N.H. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:33 AM 09-22-2009
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and today is the last day of work for me until next Thursday. Tomorrow is my prep day prior to flying down Thursday to Orlando with Beth for a week of fun in the sun. Hopefully the weather cooperates even though I know it rains everyday down there for a few minutes each day. Well, last night the Yankees lost to the Angels again but the Red Sox lost as well so there was no real damage done. The two teams will be back at it again tonight and hopefully they pull themselves together and get a "W" fot the record. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:35 AM 09-23-2009
Good morning all, the coffee is definitely on and today is my first day of my vacation. I have a number of "use or lose" vacation days, so I decided to take the day off prior to us flying to Orlando. We have an early morning flight tomorrow and we land in Florida around 1100(11am). I picked up our Disney 5-day passes yesterday which include all the parks and attractions. We are also planning a trip to Universal City Walk on Saturday with a stop at the Corona Cigar Company later on in the afternoon / early evening. We are staying at the Gaylord Palms Resort this time and here is a link to their website:

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-palms/

I should be checkin' in now and then as each room has a computer for internet access and stuff. Last night the Yankees clinched their playoff berth with a win over the Angels and they'll be back at it today one more time against them at 1535(3:35pm). Anyway, I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and I'll be stoppin' back later on....... :-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 232
« First < 6141516 17182666116 > Last »
Up