Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 4121314 15 >
General Discussion>any cyclists/roadies?
mosesbotbol 05:07 AM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Kurt Kinetic.
Had to look that up; never heard of that brand. Is that fluid trainer? I have a Cycle Ops trainer with the wedge. I hate riding on those inside. I'll brave the sub-freezing before I spend 5 minutes on a trainer. The front wheel wedge is essential. I basically bought the trainer for a steal and use it to adjust the seat post and seat when need be.

If you want to ride inside, rollers are the way to go. They will improve balance, cadence, and make you look pro.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:18 AM 12-29-2014
I've got the Kinetic Rock and Roll trainer, which allows side/side movement. It's not the typical fixed style trainer. The resistance unit has both magnet/fluid. Like you, I got a great deal on this trainer since it was the first gen and they were trying to clear it out for the new model. I really like it, but need to get the turntable riser.
[Reply]
kgoings 02:25 PM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I've got the Kinetic Rock and Roll trainer, which allows side/side movement. It's not the typical fixed style trainer. The resistance unit has both magnet/fluid. Like you, I got a great deal on this trainer since it was the first gen and they were trying to clear it out for the new model. I really like it, but need to get the turntable riser.
I gotta get a trainer...moving to Denver soon and I am use to riding year round. We are spoiled here in AZ
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:16 PM 12-29-2014
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I gotta get a trainer...moving to Denver soon and I am use to riding year round. We are spoiled here in AZ
AZ has pleasant weather for much of the year, but I'd put riding in Jun-Aug in similar scale of Jan-Mar of New England.
[Reply]
kgoings 06:55 AM 12-30-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
AZ has pleasant weather for much of the year, but I'd put riding in Jun-Aug in similar scale of Jan-Mar of New England.

Depends on what time you get up. :-) I ride tons during that time of the year.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:54 AM 12-30-2014
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Depends on what time you get up. :-) I ride tons during that time of the year.
I'd imagine you are done riding by 10:00 AM in the summer then?

I can ride all day in the winter, but it sucks at any time. Dressing is the hardest part; takes like 20+ minutes. Filling the water bottle up with hot water and initial burning face from the cold. The roads get narrower with snow and ice. Washing the bike off in the shower...
[Reply]
kgoings 11:38 AM 12-30-2014
yea most of the time I am done by 9. But I have ridden longer rides ending closer to noon. As long as you drink enough and keep moving your good. When you stop at a stop light it heats up real quick.

I find it hard to ride in the cold. Anything lower than 45 and I am probably not going lol. I guess I just need better gear. I hate the cold getting to my core, and my fingers and toes freezing. lol
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:55 PM 12-30-2014
Riding in the winter is more a badge of honor; like a Lotus Elise as a daily driver.
[Reply]
hammondc 05:39 PM 02-26-2015
Registered for my first Olympic Length Triathlon. April 26 at West Point Lake, Georgia. YUH!!!
[Reply]
E.J. 07:01 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Riding in the winter is more a badge of honor; like a Lotus Elise as a daily driver.
:-):-)...Well played.

Originally Posted by hammondc:
Registered for my first Olympic Length Triathlon. April 26 at West Point Lake, Georgia. YUH!!!
Sweet!!! Look forward to hearing how it goes!
[Reply]
hammondc 06:25 AM 03-21-2016
Is this thing still on? Who's riding these days?

Anyone on Zwift? That is my newest obsession.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:27 AM 03-21-2016
Is this thing still on? Who's riding these days?
Been riding some. Still on the colder side around Boston, but managing to ride every week or so. Just did up the garage with some bike art. Automobile stuff is slated for later this season. Washed the bike last week as well.

[Reply]
hammondc 06:00 AM 03-22-2016
Were you a pro racer at one point or are those stock posters? I'm guessing the Moser one is Aldo or Francesco
[Reply]
hammondc 06:01 AM 03-22-2016
Speedplay pedals? I am probably moving to those shortly when I buy new shoes. I'm on SPD-L right now, but I like the Speedplay form factor. A neighbor of mine just switched and he is raving about it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:58 AM 03-22-2016
Were you a pro racer at one point or are those stock posters? I'm guessing the Moser one is Aldo or Francesco
I was in USCF as an Intermediate in the early 80's. The Moser posters are both Francesco. One is from his hour attempt, the other during in Italian National Champ season which I bet was 1981.

These are all stock manufacturer posters. I have a few more, but that was enough for now. I need to balance it with some auto stuff at some point. I want to paint the garage, but it's been too cold out. Hopefully next month I can pain the garage:

This is the only autmobilia object so far; a Lotus banner:

[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:01 PM 03-22-2016
Speedplay pedals? I am probably moving to those shortly when I buy new shoes. I'm on SPD-L right now, but I like the Speedplay form factor. A neighbor of mine just switched and he is raving about it.
I have had this same pair of pedals since 2001, so I don't have much cross platform experience. Before that I had SPD's solely so I could use my shoes in Spinn class, but was never a fan. A buddy of mine who is like a national level master's rider (sponsored and all that) likes the Dura Ace pedals, FWIW.

I would buy Speedplay's again. The float is really nice, easy to get in, but they aren't the only show in town. I more particular to have Campagnolo than which pedal I am using... Not that Campy is better, but I like it more and is about the passion.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:00 AM 03-25-2016
First ride on the smart trainer (Kickr Snap) yesterday on Zwift. What a difference! Workouts that I have been doing easily are suddenly BRUTAL.
[Reply]
mmblz 09:24 AM 05-02-2016
I've never road biked - only mountain. Picked up a used Trek Project One over the weekend - going to start training to ride 100 miles for fundraising for Cancer research. Bike store estimated this might be as old as 2000 but it sure doesn't look like it!
Attached: Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.23.20 AM.png (183.0 KB) 
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:55 AM 05-02-2016
^^ Looks like short stem for relation to the rest of the bike ^^

How's the fit? I like when Trek had the traditional geometry when Armstrong was racing. As soon as he retired (the first time) they went to semi-sloping which I am not as much a fan of (nor was he).
[Reply]
mmblz 12:55 PM 05-02-2016
I have nothing to compare it to but it felt good riding it over the weekend. Was worried a road bike would feel awful/bizarre/foreign after a mountain bike.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 4121314 15 >
Up