Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Good Eats>Favorite Hot Sauces
CBI_2 06:36 PM 12-16-2008
I love spicy food and outside of home or family members homes where I can doctor it myself, I seldom find food at restaurants that are spicy enough for me.

Well a girl at work knows this and while eating at a place she enjoys called Tijuana Flats she got me an early Christmas present. A hot sauce called Endorphin Rush.Image Holy Shite Batman! This stuff is soooo hot. I tried just a very small dab on my finger to taste. The flavor at first was very good, but then the heat just jumped all over me and lingered. Whew! Haven't tried it on any food yet but am looking forward to it. Read more about it here; http://www.sweatnspice.com/proddetail.php?prod=32

One of my favorites is Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce. Image
Not overly hot but very flavorful and I just keep adding more of it if I want more heat.

Would be interested in hearing what some of the favorites of my fellow inmates are so I could see about trying some in the future.
[Reply]
Screwbag 06:40 PM 12-16-2008
I like Frostbite...the white sauce...from cajohns...

and TOTAL heat is Pure Cap...heheheh just a touch in a big pot of chili!
[Reply]
Langod 07:37 PM 12-16-2008
I guess I could say I 'collect" hot sauces -- I've got something like 30 different ones in a kitchen cabinet.
Call me a traditionalist -- for the really hot stuff, I like Dave's Insanity and Blair's various "death" sauces best. Very hot, but still some flavor. I have lots of others that are very good, but i always seem to reach for Dave's or Blair's first.
A good runner up, not quite as hot, but still enough to be dangerous to the unsuspecting, is "Orange Crush" -- very good flavor, high heat.
I also like "Magma" which is a very thin clear sauce with habanero extract -- you shake it up to mix and the extract slowly gathers together like a lava lamp. It's especially good on pulled pork sandwiches!
For "everyday" mild hot sauces (when cooking for guests, for example) Cholula, Tabasco and Franks are good. Also Trader Joe's has a very flavorful, not too hot jalepeno-based sauce.

I have a bottle of Pure Cap, but I'm scared silly to even open it.
[Reply]
forgop 07:45 PM 12-16-2008
I'm simple...Louisiana hot sauce off the shelf at any Meijer/Wal Mart or Franks Red Hot Original(the Buffalo is good as well with chicken).

To me, anything that is so hot you can't taste what you're eating is plain dumb. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:47 PM 12-16-2008
Asian Sriracha :-)

[Reply]
ucla695 07:49 PM 12-16-2008
I'm a big fan of Mad Dog and Tapatio!
[Reply]
atlharp 08:08 PM 12-16-2008
Paging Ron!

My favorite currently is Blair's After-Death Sauce. I like it on eggs in the morning and in pepping up salsa.

Damn good stuff!

ATL
Attached: Blairs_After_Death_Hot_Sauce.jpg (10.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 08:12 PM 12-16-2008
for some good heat with flavor, go with "capital punishment" (so good on a slice of pizza).

you want something that will make you cry, go for "vicious viper".

now we know blairs makes the hottest but that shite aint even edible! ha ha
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 08:20 PM 12-16-2008
Image :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:26 PM 12-16-2008
The Beef Jerky Unlimited I stop at in Michigan offers some crazy hot sauces, but I am not much of a hot guy myself.

http://www.beefjerkyunlimited.com/site/index.php then click "Hot Sauces" and sort by "Hotness" 1 million scovilles comes to the top :-)
[Reply]
BHowe 08:31 PM 12-16-2008
Franks is my favorite milder one. I also really like Cholula and Sriacha as well.

I can handle retarded heat, but just haven't really ever gotten into the various sauces.

I love grilled serrano's, I've had a few of those totally F my world up.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:52 PM 12-16-2008
[Reply]
goalie204 09:17 PM 12-16-2008
i am a huge hot sauce junky, i love them all, specially sambal
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 09:28 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

That's my go to sauce! I call it Chinese ketchup.
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:41 AM 12-17-2008
I third the motion for Sriracha.:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:33 AM 12-17-2008
I have two that I use all the time... good old Tabasco and Trinidad Extra Hot.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:35 AM 12-17-2008
Sriracha is a great sauce but its more for hot dogs instead of ketchups or stews or sometihng. And I prefer the sriracha with the garlic and chili flakes over the squeeze tube paste one. It's also got too much sweetness which is great on hot dogs like ketchup, but wouldn't use it on plain old meat. Don't get me wrong, it has great flavor, but it isn't hot enough. YOu like really hot Asian sauces with hella flavor?

try this bad boy Image
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:49 AM 12-17-2008
If you like it hot, there's nothing like Dave's Insanity Sauce...it comes in a coffin if that's any indication.
[Reply]
Gone Dave 05:57 AM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

Wow!
that is one of my favorites too!
I did not know the name as the only place I see it is the "Greek" sandwich shop by me..:-)
[Reply]
goalie204 05:59 AM 12-17-2008
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
If you like it hot, there's nothing like Dave's Insanity Sauce...it comes in a coffin if that's any indication.
I have a bottle of daves, the roasted garlic one, its good, but sambal is hotter/better imo
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 23 > Last »
Up