Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Good Eats>best barbecue sauce- out of the bottle?
DocLogic77 03:42 PM 07-06-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I'm a big fan of all the Famous Dave's sauces, it's also one of my favorite places to eat.

I do have a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's, I'm waiting to try since I've heard so much.

Famous Daves Beef Brisket is awesome!
[Reply]
fxpose 07:05 PM 07-06-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
Sweet Baby Rays is amazing, Ive only had the regular but where I work we just got in the honey chipotle and I think hot and spicy. I need to try the others...

http://www.sweetbabyrays.com/Sauce.aspx
Our local supermarket had 18 oz bottles of SBR's on sale for 99 cents last week so I picked up 40 bottles of their Honey Chipotle. Way cheaper than buying them by the gallon. Good score.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:53 AM 07-12-2009
Sweet Baby Rays is my regular , I do add honey to it though . For some reason when I add the honey it really wakes up the sauce and makes it much more spicy . I buy the 2 big bottle pack at BJ's . I have never seen the Honey Chipotle version so I'll have to look for it . Bone Suckin sauce is real good as is Stubbs but Stubbs is like $7.99 a bottle here . SBR's is real cheap . Cattleman's is real good sauce also . And for our favorite different sauce , we love Big Bob Gibson's White BBQ sauce on chicken , totally unlike any sauce I've ever had and delicious . I used to buy a locally made sauce that was made in Cherry Hill , NJ by a police officer but just can't find it or remember what it was called . :-)
[Reply]
avid toker 08:11 AM 07-15-2009
Just as important as the sauce is the rub IMO. I tend to like my sauce on the sweet and spicy side.

For chicken I use Salt Lick's rub and sauce. Sometimes I sub in Bone Sucking Sauce (half regular and half hot).
For pulled pork I use Butt Rub and Sticky Fingers Carolina Mustard or Head Country's BBQ sauce.
For ribs, either Raichlen's Java or Kansas City dry rubs and Bone Sucking Sauce (thick) or Butch's Smack Your Lips BBQ Sauce.

In a pinch, I'll reach for KC Masterpiece or Sweet Baby Ray's....any tried the SBR Sweet Vidalia BBQ sauce yet?
This is starting to make me hungry...
[Reply]
Ralphanator 06:35 PM 07-15-2009
Out of the bottle I like Chris & Pitts Hickory! You can add some Fresh lemon Juice and Tabasco sauce to add some more flavor!
[Reply]
BFallehy 02:48 PM 07-19-2009
I will put in another vote for the Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce. I use the Hot and Spicy on both my pulled pork and my pork ribs when I do them in the slow cooker. Comes out great everytime. :-)
[Reply]
blugill 05:41 PM 07-20-2009
Head Country
Blue's Hog
[Reply]
Bryan 10:37 PM 07-22-2009
Sweet Baby James for me.
[Reply]
Jason 10:50 PM 07-22-2009
Head Country
[Reply]
kugie 10:57 PM 07-22-2009
My fav is sweet baby rays
[Reply]
Yote 08:54 PM 07-26-2009
Originally Posted by HawkEye19:
No votes for Rudy's "sause" Good stuff there.

http://www.rudys.com/
Right on the money there :-) I am no fan of Sweet Baby Rays by no means. But I am from Texas and BBQ aint supposed to be Sweet. Sweet Baby Rays might be ok on Ice cream I guess :-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:25 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by Bryan:
Sweet Baby James for me.
Does James Taylor make BBQ Sauce in addition to sweet tender loving music?
[Reply]
captain53 06:05 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by Opusfxd:
IMHO, Sticky Fingers Carolina Mustard and Bone Suckin Sauce Original are the two that I've found that I love. When I bring pulled pork, I make everyone I can taste it with the Carolina Mustard and have converted everyone so far.

What kind of smoker??
I too am fond of the Sticky Fingers Sauces for out of the bottle stuff but I personally don't care for Mustard Based Sauces. The Habanero is my favorite but it has a little to much kick for many folks, it is pretty warm.
[Reply]
Dead Eye 11:22 PM 08-07-2009
Sweet Baby Ray's
[Reply]
itsme_timd 12:52 AM 08-08-2009
HaHa, this is a loaded question! Quite an individual thing. :-)

I have to jump on the Sweet Baby Ray's bandwagon, that stuff is awesome.

The taste is killer and I love that it's extra thick and really sticks to whatever you put it on.
[Reply]
okieRob 08:22 AM 08-16-2009
Originally Posted by Jason:
Head Country
:-)

Their rub is awesome too.
[Reply]
wrinklenuts 04:18 PM 08-16-2009
We have some stuff here local in Kansas called Big Rick's and it's off the hook good. You can buy it on the internet too.
[Reply]
cherrybomb 12:08 AM 09-29-2009
kc or sweet baby rays hot n spicy
[Reply]
alona007 07:36 PM 10-01-2009
Sweet baby rays all the way
[Reply]
Kreth 07:45 PM 10-01-2009
Brooks BBQ here in Oneonta has some tasty sauces.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up