Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Bucanero Canon Cubano
Don Fernando 12:58 PM 10-15-2008
Tonight I smoked a Canon Cubano maduro from Bucanero cigars, kindly send to my by Bucanero president Robert Spoden. The Canon Cubano is a 5 ½ inch ring 60 cigar made from Nicaraguan, Italian, Costa Rican and Honduran tobacco with a Nicaraguan habano wrapper. The cigar is a beauty, water ran through my mouth as soon as I saw the cigar, dark wrapper with some fine veins, looks a bit oily. One of the prettiest cigars I’ve seen so far, with a beautiful black & silver band and the fine smell of straw. The construction worried me a bit because it’s not consistent, some parts are firm while other parts are less firm but it did not affect the burn, draw or flavors so my worries were unfounded.

Cutting a ring 60 is hard to do, because it hardly fits in my Xikar Xi2 cutter, but the cut was nice and clean and with the predraw I could taste a bit of pepper. After lighting the cigar I can taste the pepper again but soon there is smooth leather, like expected with Cuban seed tobacco. I could also taste some cacao before the leather grew in strength. Later on there was a creamy toast flavor.

This cigar is full bodied but with a nice smoothness. The smoke is full and the ash is nice silvery gray and firm, the ash grew about 2 inch before breaking off. At a third of the cigar I had to correct the burn. The cigar doesn’t die soon, which is a big plus.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I love it.
[Reply]
Up