Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ashton VSG Tres Mystique is a nice mystery
Linus 12:26 PM 10-18-2008
Cigar Name: Ashton VSG Tres Mystique

Cigar Description: Ecuadorian wrapper with long aged Dominican long filler

Review of the Cigar itself: It lit beautiful and the first draw was flavourful without being overpowering. The ash didn't flake like other cigars I've had and it held it together well. The previous Ashton VSG I had came close to my palate preference for Padron Serie 1926 cigars. The burn is consistent with minor tugboating (where the cigar burns more on one side than the other) but the cigar recovered nicely from that fairly quickly.

The size, a 4.3 x 44 guage, isn't indicative of the flavour that's produced from the cigar. It's is well constructed enough to ensure a long ash that held together. The taste is a mild nutty flavour with robust spicey flavour and minor hints of cedar, peaking in now and again. Additionally, it wasn't wrapped too tight thus allowing a good draw to come. The initial ash fell on it's own in one piece and the burn continued with a consistent, even burn.

The smoke that comes from it is a nice gentle white smoke that isn't over powering. Even with a deep draw, the smoke wafes gently up from it without turning the air around me blue and overwhelming. As it continued to burn, the 2nd part of the ash continued the same as the first part -- held together, indicating attention to how the cigar was made and put together. And for more than 60% of the cigar, I never had to relight it. I did touch it up a bit, to help it after the 2nd ash fell.

For the last 3rd, it continued burn consistently and evenly as it burned down to the nub.

I enjoyed this cigar with a bottle of spring water to clean out the palate and the company of a beautiful woman. What more could I ask for for a great evening: a cigar that I'd rate a 9/10 with a 11/10 companion. Life sometimes shows itself as perfect.

Smoke time: approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes

Purchased from: Barclay-Rex Cigar Store in Wall Street district

Final Review Rating: 9/10 and defintely would smoke it again
[Reply]
acruce 01:27 PM 10-18-2008
Nice review:-)
[Reply]
Linus 01:29 PM 10-18-2008
Thanks. It's a very nice cigar and enough for me to buy a few more while on Wall Street this past week. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:42 PM 10-18-2008
One of the cigars I reach for when I make an impulse stop at my local B&M to burn a cigar....nice review! :-)
[Reply]
Up