Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18
Ratters 01:03 AM 10-17-2008
Old review I did. :-)

Cigar: Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18

Price: Box of 18 was $120 so $6.66 a cigar. Most places they are about 12 bucks each.

Setting: Sun room, about 60 degrees out. Paired with a Barqs rootbeer.

Pre-light: It's a damned good looking cigar. Interesting figurado shape roughly a 6x54. To tell you the truth I mostly got the cigar for the gimmick and I thought they'd be good bomb fodder. Band is almost Gurkhaest in its ostentatiousness, but still pretty good looking with the silver contrasting nicely with the deep dark maduro wrapper. Had a nice sweet tobacco odor to it. The cigar is incredibly firm to the touch, I was a bit worried it would be too tight but after it's cut it had a great draw with just a touch of resistance. I was starting to get really excited for this smoke.

First third: I lit the cigar with my Zplus Zippo until it was fully lit at the foot and then took a draw. Wow. Simply wow. Started off with just incredible chocolatey maduro flavor. I was surprised with how smooth it was. No harshness at all. Just rich smooth flavor. I'm used to my Camachos being on the spicy side but this wasn't at all. As you can tell I was very pleased with the direction this was heading.

Second third: Flavors are really picking up. Still that chocolatey goodness but increasing in intensity. It almost overpowers the palate and the finish is very thick and lingering. Burn isn't incredibly even but never required a touch up. Ash is a tad dark and flakey but I'm not caring very much at this point. I'm in freaking heaven.

The finale: Man, I think I've found my new favorite smoke. The flavors continue being extremely rich and the smoke is incredibly thick. It is a smoke ring machine. No gratuitous smoke ring shots this time though. In total the smoke lasted me about 2 and a half hours with only one relight when I got distracted by a phone call. I smoked it until I literally couldn't hold it anymore and it never got harsh, just creamy smoothness the entire way through. Finish was thick and lingering but extremely pleasant.

Verdict: Definitely my new favorite smoke. I was really pleasantly surprised because I figured this was just a gimmick. Burn and draw were great, and I can't imagine it being more packed with flavor. It's really not an everyday cigar, and I did miss some of the spice from my regular smokes, but this one is gonna be my go to special occasion smoke. And of course I'm going to be finding a lot of special occasions. As for the bomb fodder, they're mine, all mine, I'm not letting these things out of my hands. ;D

Rating: 9.5/10
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:09 AM 10-17-2008
Great review, thanks. I'm a maduro guy myself, so I'll give these a whirl.
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 02:28 AM 10-17-2008
Great review on a great stick. Nice price grab also. Cbid?
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:05 AM 10-17-2008
Thanks for the review! I know what I am going to fire up tonight. :-)
[Reply]
kfish 05:53 AM 10-17-2008
Good review, I agree these are some tasty sticks.
[Reply]
Zipper 06:49 AM 10-17-2008
Maybe I got a bad one? I tried on of these about a year ago. Paid about 9.50 for it I think, from a B&M on a whim. Like you said, it smelled great, it looked great, and I was really excited. Then I clipped it, and everything changed. The draw was like somebody had let all the sugar out of a giant pixie stick, and I was just sucking through a huge straw. There was almost no smoke, I got almost no flavor except harshness because I was trying so hard to keep it lit that it started to smoke hot. I gave it an inch, and re-lit three times, and called it quits. I was really disappointed.

Please, someone else let me know that this is just a random bad stick I got:-)
[Reply]
Ratters 08:50 AM 10-17-2008
Camachos can have really free draws. Helps to work up your clip of the head, though I haven't had that problem with the 11/18 or 4.5x50 which are the sizes I smoke most often. I'd give them another shot.

I bought mine from cigarwarehousehouston.com. It's a membership site but WAY worth it.
[Reply]
weak_link 09:41 AM 10-17-2008
+1 On CigarWarehouseHouston- great prices, esp on Camachos.

Great review of a great cigar btw.
[Reply]
Boobar 10:40 AM 10-17-2008
Thanks for the review, now there is yet another cigar that I have to try. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:24 AM 10-17-2008
Dang!!! You didn't waste any time Steve!!!

Nice review!!! Not that I haven't heard the rave review for Camachos from you before!!!
:-)
[Reply]
G G 07:54 AM 10-18-2008
Got one of these in the humi, thanks to Shilala. I intend to fire it up soon. thanks
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 08:36 AM 10-18-2008
Great review! :-)

I love that cigar, mighty tasty! Especially in the 11/18 size.
[Reply]
Up