Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Holy influx of members - Awesome
SilverFox 08:51 AM 01-25-2009
Is it me or have we seen a large influx of new members in the past week or so.

I am sure that there are many more new posts in the intro section than normal of late.

Given that new membership is the lifeblood of any forum (in my opinion) I think this is awesome.

Is there any stats out there on member number increase rates?

Just wondering.

[Reply]
bvilchez 09:46 AM 01-25-2009
Now that you mention I have seen the influx.

I wonder why................????????????
[Reply]
Don Fernando 10:10 AM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by bvilchez:

I wonder why................????????????
the jungle flooded.

It's a good thing the group of 11 decided to build the asylum, gorilla's don't swim very well.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:14 AM 01-25-2009
My test tickles itch
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:14 AM 01-25-2009
Kind of amazing considering the censorship and the ability to try to invite people to the new site. :-)

Good news for Jon is that he can create as many "unique users" as he wants everyday. It is astonishing how many "new members" have an introduction thread and less than 10 posts. :-)
[Reply]
bvilchez 10:27 AM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
the jungle flooded.

It's a good thing the group of 11 decided to build the asylum, gorilla's don't swim very well.

I was being sarcastic....but I guess it'll answer the question for those that REALLY didn't know.:-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 10:29 AM 01-25-2009
There are always ebbs and flows of folks joining. That ad space we placed on Toms uniform seems to be really paying off. :-)

[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:32 AM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
There are always ebbs and flows of folks joining. That ad space we placed on Toms uniform seems to be really paying off. :-)

Gosh... I thought that ad would be.....

Bigger.
[Reply]
BigBruce 01:21 PM 01-25-2009
Yea I think untill the puff stuff settles out we will see a larger rate of new inmates. :-) Unless we decide to censor puff :-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 02:34 PM 01-25-2009
When ever a forum shakes it self up people jump ship.

hopefully people joining will look around and see how much fun this place is :-)
[Reply]
GTsetGO 02:36 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:

hopefully people joining will look around and see how much fun this place is :-)
this place is fun :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 02:39 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper:

The key is retaining. I think the stat is that 75% of people who join a messageboard never become a regular visitor. Getting people to join is the easy part. Retaining then as active members is the hard part. The best way to do that here is to keep the laid back easy going be good to your fellow BTOL/SOTL.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:39 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
this place is fun :-)
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:

I think it's our cool ad campaign. :-)
[Reply]
Footbag 03:00 PM 01-25-2009
1435 Inmates @ Jan 13th
1559 Inmates @ Jan 25th

2 weeks, 124 new Inmates. Not bad!
[Reply]
FEAR 03:31 PM 01-25-2009
PUFF just went on a rampage a little bit ago today closing all threads that spoke out against puff. I guess you can speak freely there as long as you agree with there agenda. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned we have a new home. Now only if Louie would show.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:06 PM 01-25-2009
Louie is alive and well here in spirit.

As for the actual gorilla he has been sighted cleaning out his locker at that fluff place. I have it on good authority he went back to his jungle for a long retirement.:-) Here's to you ya big fur ball. :-)

It's good to see the community growing here. Just need to encourage the new members to get involved in some trades (NST) and stuff.:-)

[Reply]
tenbaseg 04:12 PM 01-25-2009
How come every time I type p u f f, it come out ****?

Anyone listening to the new CD from Soul ****? :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 06:04 PM 01-25-2009
Puff... joker
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:26 PM 01-25-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Anyone listening to the new CD from Soul ****? :-)
When Tom posted that I actually had to go back for the first time in over a week just see if he was pulling my leg!! I can't believe it has sunk to that. All I can say is... Whatever!!! I hung my hat here a while ago:-):-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 06:44 PM 01-25-2009
I haven't been around there in a month or so, no need.

What I do need is a bot to write welcome messages :-) I am going to get carpal tunnel syndrome

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up