Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Coffee Discussion>Opinions on French Press?
Jenady 10:31 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Anyone use a thermal FP? Thinking of getting one for the weekends when I want more than my normal travel mug. Wondering if the Bodum 1 liter is worth the price or if the less expensive ones work just as well.
Bob,

I use the Bodum Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot. It works just like any other press pot but, it keeps coffee hot a long time. I can not taste much if any difference in taste after coffee sits in it quite a while.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:33 AM 03-28-2012
Thanks Jim. I'm thinking this might be one of my next purchases.
[Reply]
Phil Lausafee 04:23 PM 04-01-2012
A colleague of mine brought in a French Press set up to work last week so I could try it out. Needless to say is that I'm sold.

Just went and go my first FP. Now I can store my Keurig for guests use the FP for my daily use. Now I need to find some beans I like.
[Reply]
burninator 04:33 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by floydpink:
For French press, I've had good luck with this
http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CLMBEPMCMAM#

I would also give Sweet Marias a shot for samplers if you're roasting or UncleBeanz if you're ordering it roasted. ( I personally love Unclebeanz Negrita)
Maybe mine's just worn out, but I get a ton of dust from my Cuisinart. It's drinkable, but have to nearly decant the stuff to keep from getting more mud than I can stand.
[Reply]
jldude12345 02:53 PM 01-20-2013
I love my french press for a really deeply rich cup of coffee. Coarse ground is the way to go.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:12 PM 01-20-2013
I thought I had broken mine this morning. Dropped in the sink while cleaning. Luckily it didn't crack.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up