Page 167 of 270
« First < 67117157165166167 168169177217267 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Smokin Gator 08:00 AM 07-23-2012
Nice looking eats Keith!!
[Reply]
OLS 04:10 PM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
hahaha....I was full...and bored...but ribs were tasty!!
Man I am going through meat withdrawals myself, no cooking in a month it seems like.
I am fat and OK with it, but lord is it coming back with a vengeance in about ten days.
Two racks of beef ribs, two racks of BBRs and maybe some spares and a small boston butt.
I also need to get some more of those nathan's hot dogs and a pack of bacon. I was stunned by
how good those bacon wrapped hot dogs were. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:17 PM 07-24-2012
2/3 of a pork belly finishing up into bacon on cherry and alder right now.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:00 PM 07-24-2012
MMM... bacon wrapped dogs and pork belly!!!

I am hosting a few friends this weekend and doing some ribs. I just picked up two pigs I had butchered so the ribs will be fresh. I should do a couple of shoulders as well, but I have family in town on Friday... bummer!!
[Reply]
jjirons69 05:57 PM 07-29-2012
Two Kansas City slabs rubbed with some tasty seasonings and slow-cooked around 250F for 2.5 hours. Kept these sauce free to let the good, smokey meat flavor come through.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:50 PM 07-29-2012
Man, thats some nice looking Paella and Ribs in the above pix...:-)

Hopefully, the following photo's will pass with approval from the T.G and OLS School of Photography:-):-) Sunday evening on the grill:

A nice size Tri Tip cut in half, dowsed in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and salt; cooked somewhat indirectly near charcoal and a few chunks of soaked Hickory. It was good too!
[Reply]
OLS 09:00 PM 07-29-2012
It's even my way of COOKING!
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:10 PM 07-29-2012
That looks amazing.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:22 PM 07-29-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Thank goodness! I'll sleep better tonight:-)
[Reply]
T.G 11:21 PM 07-29-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
:-)

But no modifications to the weber? No bricks?
/me sad
[Reply]
OLS 07:27 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Thank goodness! I'll sleep better tonight:-)
Well now that you mention it, I DO keep the meat further over to the right to keep it from
direct cooking. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:24 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

But no modifications to the weber? No bricks?
/me sad
:-)...They're coming my friend:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 09:39 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
:-)...They're coming my friend:-)
Looks good to me, Mark.
Don't listen to these guys! :-)
As far as I'm concerned, bricks are for breaking windows and skulls! :-)

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:44 AM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
as far as I'm concerned, bricks are for breaking windows and skulls! :-)
I always knew you and I'd get along Dom:-):-)
[Reply]
Jefft72 02:59 PM 07-30-2012
I love looking at the pictures of delicious meat on the grill/smoker that you guys post. So I will contribute as well.

7.5# brisket coated in mustard and then rubbed down with a homemade blend of spices.
It's going to get foil wrapped within the next hour to finish up, but it is looking tasty as it sits. Been on the smoker for about 4 hours.

I am also enjoying a San Lotano Oval under the shady oak.

[Reply]
Steve 03:18 PM 07-30-2012
Are you going to leave it in the smoker after foiling? 4 hours for 7.5 pounds seems a little short is why I am asking. As a rule I generally don't foil my stuff until I take it off of the smoker, so I am just wondering. Always interested in the way other people do thier stuff.

BTW, that oval is a tasty smoke!
[Reply]
pektel 03:22 PM 07-30-2012
:-) Nice!

I'm still afraid to try a brisket. Expensive cut, and I hear it can dry out real fast.

One of my new customers is really into smoking though, has a real nice heavy guage barrel smoker. Can't remember the brand. Looked like a Yoder, but with smaller diameter wheels. Anyways, he said he'd walk me through it, if I brought one up to him.
[Reply]
Steve 03:28 PM 07-30-2012
Go for it Peter...the worst that can happen is it will still be better than anything you get commercially. And even if it drys out, then you go to "Plan B" Burnt Ends! Yum-Yum!

Yes, they can dry out if you over cook them. THe part that frustrates me is they sometimes tend to "stall" while cooking. It will get to around 180-190 and just sit there for ever and then when you least expect it...zoom, the internal temp shoots up. That's what you have to watch out for.
[Reply]
Jefft72 03:32 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
:-) Nice!

I'm still afraid to try a brisket. Expensive cut, and I hear it can dry out real fast.

One of my new customers is really into smoking though, has a real nice heavy guage barrel smoker. Can't remember the brand. Looked like a Yoder, but with smaller diameter wheels. Anyways, he said he'd walk me through it, if I brought one up to him.
I love to do brisket, but the time commitment makes it brutal sometimes. Especially if I want to have it done and ready for a lunch gathering. I am getting better at it the more often that I do it. Consistent heat is the key for sure. I enjoy smoking briskets, but have done standing chickens and a pork butt (delicious!), and turkey or two. I have read that smoking a pork butt is easier as it is a cheaper cut of meat and typically more forgiving. Try it out and see how it goes.

Originally Posted by steve:
Are you going to leave it in the smoker after foiling? 4 hours for 7.5 pounds seems a little short is why I am asking. As a rule I generally don't foil my stuff until I take it off of the smoker, so I am just wondering. Always interested in the way other people do thier stuff.

BTW, that oval is a tasty smoke!
I am actually going to move it to the oven for the remainder of the cook time. That is not my norm, but I am trying it to see how it turns out. I have in the past smoked the full time without foil and also foiled about halfway through while leaving it on the smoker. My wife enjoys the smoked brisket, but hates the time commitment that it takes. The oven is a compromise. We will see how it goes.

And yes, the Oval is tasty. I picked up an assortment of San Lotano at a recent event. So I will be digging on them for awhile.
[Reply]
Steve 04:07 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Jefft72:
I love to do brisket, but the time commitment makes it brutal sometimes. Especially if I want to have it done and ready for a lunch gathering. I am getting better at it the more often that I do it. Consistent heat is the key for sure. I enjoy smoking briskets, but have done standing chickens and a pork butt (delicious!), and turkey or two. I have read that smoking a pork butt is easier as it is a cheaper cut of meat and typically more forgiving. Try it out and see how it goes.

I am actually going to move it to the oven for the remainder of the cook time. That is not my norm, but I am trying it to see how it turns out. I have in the past smoked the full time without foil and also foiled about halfway through while leaving it on the smoker. My wife enjoys the smoked brisket, but hates the time commitment that it takes. The oven is a compromise. We will see how it goes.

And yes, the Oval is tasty. I picked up an assortment of San Lotano at a recent event. So I will be digging on them for awhile.
Thanks fo rthe clarification. Yea, time is a big factor when doing brisket. Around here most of the people I cook for want pork, so I don't do a lot of brisket, but once it cools off I am planning on doing a couple just for the family.
[Reply]
Page 167 of 270
« First < 67117157165166167 168169177217267 > Last »
Up