Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 21
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Entertainment>General Star Wars Bizarre things
Whee 06:35 AM 11-04-2012
Man, the nerd rage is high in here. What have I done?!?!:-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:26 AM 11-08-2012
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:29 AM 11-08-2012
I heard about that transaction. I had no idea Lucas Films was worth that much to anyone:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:41 AM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Well, technically Darth Maul was not killed in the duel. Just sayin.

I for one welcome our new mouse eared overlords. Just sayin.
Nope! Landed in a trash compactor!

[Reply]
T.G 09:29 AM 11-09-2012
Angry Birds Star Wars released yesterday.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ar-wars-review

[Reply]
Starscream 02:33 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I heard about that transaction. I had no idea Lucas Films was worth that much to anyone:-)
ILM is part of LucasFilms LTD, so I'm assuming it was included in the sale. They are the premier special effects company in Hollywood, so I'd be willing to bet that the $4 billion was actually a steal for Disney.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:35 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Nope! Landed in a trash compactor!

Meh...
That's part of the Star Wars universe that I ignore. I'm not a fan of all the Mandalorian Boba Fett backstory crap either.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:41 PM 11-09-2012
Re the Disney buyout, I'm of two minds. When The Mouse does something right, he does it right. When he drops the ball, it busts right through the floor.

The keys will be the right script, the right actors, and the right director . . . and just enough studio oversight to keep things rolling without screwing it up.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:34 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Re the Disney buyout, I'm of two minds. When The Mouse does something right, he does it right. When he drops the ball, it busts right through the floor.

The keys will be the right script, the right actors, and the right director . . . and just enough studio oversight to keep things rolling without screwing it up.
Lucas wrote scripts for part 7-9 a long time ago. Hopefully they follow them.

Harrison Ford said he'd never do another Star Wars film, but money talks. I'd love to see the original cast in the new films, even if they are minor roles. Hey, the old cast worked for the Star Trek films. Why not have the original three Star Wars cast reprise their roles? Mark Hammil is still younger than Christopher Lee and Alec Guiness at this point. Carrie Fisher and Ford could be diplomats in the new films, since they are too old to be the focal points of the action.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 05:09 PM 11-09-2012
Does this qualify as bizarre??

[Reply]
Starscream 06:33 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Does this qualify as bizarre??

How much? :-)
[Reply]
coffeemonkey 06:57 PM 11-09-2012
<pokes head in thread>
<observes geeks with cigars>
<contemplates entering>
<considers own geek cred>
<decides he is not worthy>
<walks away>
[Reply]
SvilleKid 07:05 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
How much? :-)
I didn't see that shown anywhere, but here's the link:

http://blog.custommade.com/portfolio...gagement-ring/
[Reply]
Starscream 07:22 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by coffeemonkey:
<pokes head in thread>
<observes geeks with cigars>
<contemplates entering>
<considers own geek cred>
<decides he is not worthy>
<walks away>
Awww...
C'mon in, the water's just right.:-)
[Reply]
hammondc 08:21 PM 11-09-2012
Have any of you star wars nerds watched all 6 in one day? I am considering it in december while I am on vacation. Sourcing all 6 on BlueRay may be tough though.
[Reply]
spectrrr 08:43 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Have any of you star wars nerds watched all 6 in one day? I am considering it in december while I am on vacation. Sourcing all 6 on BlueRay may be tough though.
<BEGIN NERD TROLLING>

Betamax

</END NERD TROLLING>

discuss.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:44 PM 11-09-2012
I may have a few on VHS actually:-):-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 08:45 PM 11-09-2012
ninja'd - too fast for me :P
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:46 PM 11-09-2012
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
ninja'd - too fast for me :P
Sorry man:-)
[Reply]
Stephen 08:14 AM 11-10-2012
Lucas wrote scripts for part 7-9 a long time ago. Hopefully they follow them.
Michael Arndt will be penning the script for the new Star Wars movie.
Harrison Ford said he'd never do another Star Wars film, but money talks. I'd love to see the original cast in the new films, even if they are minor roles. Hey, the old cast worked for the Star Trek films. Why not have the original three Star Wars cast reprise their roles? Mark Hammil is still younger than Christopher Lee and Alec Guiness at this point. Carrie Fisher and Ford could be diplomats in the new films, since they are too old to be the focal points of the action.
Harrison Ford hated/hates the Han Solo charatcter (it's why he was frozen in carbonite at the end of ESB; he had only signed on to do two films and was reluctant to do a third so Lucas needed a way to explain Solo's absence in case he didn't participate in ROJ).
[Reply]
Page 11 of 21
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up