Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>OpusX #5
Siebec 09:06 PM 11-25-2008
I purchased this cigar about a year ago to smoke with a friend on our 21st b-day.

The first third of was full of spice but quickly mellowed out.

I came into some harshness near the middle of the cigar, I'm not really good at picking out different tastes but it really started to pick up some strength.

The final third is when it got really good. It was mellow with subtle hints of spice till the end, but it kept me coming back for more.

With every other opus I have smoked it had some burn issues, which required some touching up with my lighter. All in all it was a good smoke but not worth the premium price that these cigars demand.

I have smoked only fresh ones before but a year of rest really did this cigar some justice.

Overall I would rate this cigar a 7.5/10.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:10 PM 11-25-2008
Thanks for the review. What % humidity do you store them at? Opus, even more so than cubans I find need to be 65% or preferably less. At least dry boxed a bit if they are 65%.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:19 PM 11-25-2008
Nice review. A fewfresh ones I have smoked were bitter. I have 9 left in the humi that I am going to try to let age for a few years.
[Reply]
Siebec 09:42 PM 11-25-2008
I had this at 65%, but I let it dry box for a day. All the other ones I have had would keep going out even if I had them at 65%, but dry boxing helped out a lot in that regard.
[Reply]
Up