Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ashton Cabinet Toro
spincycle 08:42 PM 11-20-2008
Ashton Cabinet Toro

Pre-Light / Construction: Beautiful cigar, with an even toned wrapper, not a vein in sight. The smooth wrapper was a golden colour and the cigar had a very firm, solid feel though it's length. The pre-light draw was a bit tight and didn't have any descernable flavours.

Taste: I'm going to break this into thirds, which I rarely do, because the flavour changed dramatically though the life of the cigar.
1/3: Well, not much really. Very faint hints of cedar and nuts, but it was so mild I could just be dreaming flavours up. I was dissapointed and though this was going to be a boring smoke.
2/3: Wow. The taste jumped from nothing to fantastic! The dominant taste was butter. I kept thinking of movie popcorn loaded with buttery topping in each yummy draw. There was a hint of caramel sweetness and a nuttiness that went along with it. Yum, yum, yum! Each draw was different, some more nutty, some super buttery. I was surprised I was enjoying a mild cigar this much.
3/3 The butter started to fade and a distinct leather flavour started to appear. A hint of spice as well. As it burned closer to the end, it got a bit harsh and left a slight bitterness in my mouth. I let it die out.

Burn: It needed correction about 3 times, nothing really bad, but I just like my cigar to look like it's burning razor sharp. :-)

Overall: This was a real surprise. I typically find mild cigars boring, but the complexity of flavours throughout the life of the burn kept me very engaged. I was so drawn into the changes of taste, that I put down my book and just smoked. I would definitely smoke another! :-)

Cheers,
Spin
[Reply]
Scottw 10:02 PM 11-20-2008
I'd love to see some pics of this one, nice review.
[Reply]
spincycle 08:24 AM 11-21-2008
Well, my memory card in my camera has been out of commission for a while now - I kept intending to get a new one though! :-)
[Reply]
Up