Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Taboo LR havana torpedo
Don Fernando 08:37 AM 10-25-2008
I bought a sampler of the Taboo LR series and the first LR I decided to smoke was t he Havana torpedo with a nice dark wrapper with some pretty veins on it. The tip of the torpedo is longer and slimmer then of any other torpedo I smoked in the past. The aroma reminds me of dry wood, and when feeling the cigar I could not notice any hard or soft spots in the cigar. The predraw was hard though.

Due to the bad draw it was hard to distinguish the flavors very well. I could taste some leather, combined with sweetness. The leather slowly grows in strength and becomes creamy close to the 2 inch mark. Halfway I could taste a hint of chocolate, soon to be replaced by salty nuts. The last part of the cigar became more flavorful.

The draw was horrible; I felt I was sucking a ping pong ball through a pipe. It was hard work to get some smoke through the cigar, and that affected both the flavors and the amount of smoke produced, which was poor. I tried to solve the problem by cutting some more of the cigar, and that caused the wrapper to unwrap.

Would I buy this cigar again? I would love to give it another try and to review it again because I do believe that this cigar has potential, but the bad draw ruined it.

I posted this review on CS before and Rob offered to include another LR havana torpedo in my next order, what a great customer service
[Reply]
MTB996 07:18 PM 11-12-2008
I am smoking on right now - about half way through. Draw is on the tight side, but very acceptable to me. Plenty of smoke, straight burn. Great flavor - woody and a little leathery. So far, so good. Give it another shot, I am certainly digging it.:-)
[Reply]
hoax 02:20 PM 11-13-2008
What you describe as leather tasted more like floral to me.

I enjoyed the cigar but I felt that it needed more "Pop". The flavor was a bit muted.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:29 PM 11-17-2008
Interesting. I'm finishing up an LR havana Robusto (my first of any Taboo LR lines) and it's smoking very well. The flavor is very good. A citrus flavor. I can see where you'd say salty nuts too. I'd give this one (the robusto) a definite thumbs up.
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 11:22 AM 11-19-2008
I enjoyed this cigar. I didn't have any draw problems. The flavor that I kept tasting was cinnamon. I just had the LR maduro torpedo the other night and they tasted fairly similar. I'd be inclined to buy more if they were a little stronger. The SFO's I've had were strong enough but the flavor won't get me to buy more. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Up