Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Jeep. There IS no substitute.....
Resipsa 03:35 PM 12-21-2008
We are getting hammered with snow here, it hasn't stopped snowing since Thursday.

Had to move the Jeep to continue the shoveling exploits, you can't really tell from the picture but I hadn't shoveled that area yet and the snow underneath the jeep was just as high as you can see by the side of the tires (almost to the top of the rear bumper). just pushed her right through it. Somehow I don't think my Jimmy would have been able to power through that :-)........
Attached: IMG00106.jpg (83.4 KB) 
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 04:53 PM 12-21-2008
lol its really aint that much but for road tires in the city its pretty good
[Reply]
Chris. 05:06 PM 12-21-2008
Jeeps are great. I want another Cherokee badly. That really isn't too much snow though. Only think I hated about my jeep was the 18mpg of the 4.0L. And the neutral safety switch.
[Reply]
JE3146 05:10 PM 12-21-2008
I know EXACTLY what you mean. The city has been pretty much shut down by this storm, but I busted out my parents Wrangler 4x4 and have been tearing up the roads with it. I told my Dad if he had had chains for the thing, we could drive it up a mountain. 35+ down the streets when everyone else is at a crawl. Goes and goes. Just be careful of snow drifts. It's so light that if you find yourself in a rut, it'll carry you to wherever the rut goes lol :-)

Christmas shopping was a breeze. No one was at the stores :-) .. Some insane deals to be had too.
[Reply]
barbourjay 05:13 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
Jeeps are great. I want another Cherokee badly. That really isn't too much snow though. Only think I hated about my jeep was the 18mpg of the 4.0L. And the neutral safety switch.
i've got an 08 four door and with 33's and regular 4:10's i get like 12-14mpg highway. it's great!
[Reply]
dunng 05:33 PM 12-21-2008
Nice job! :-)

My Subaru would have gotten out of that though... :-)
[Reply]
houdini 05:33 PM 12-21-2008
My FJ Cruiser TRD edition rocked in the snow....The JEEP is a given! Enjoy.
[Reply]
MikeyC 06:20 PM 12-21-2008
Living in New England I consider it a must to own AWD/4WD vehicles. My wife's Volvo S60 and my Infiniti G35x performed quite admirably during this weekend's storm while wearing only all-season tires. I wasn't buzzing around like some of the Jeeps with M+S tires but I had no trouble getting around and through snow drifts where other non-AWD cars became stuck.
[Reply]
BamBam 07:00 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
35+ down the streets when everyone else is at a crawl. Goes and goes. Just be careful of snow drifts.
Jordan please remember that just because it can get you going 35 mph it will not help you stop......Jeep or no Jeep :-)

I see these types of situations way too often
[Reply]
jquirit 07:05 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by BamBam:
Jordan please remember that just because it can get you going 35 mph it will not help you stop......Jeep or no Jeep :-)

As someone found out today as I was driving to the grocery store. Flying along a side road, this guy in a 4x4 pick-up forgets there's a stop sign and locks 'em up. Thankfully I was slowing down at the intersection and saw him coming (he was to stop, I didn't have a stop sign in my direction of traffic). He goes sliding into the intersection. He stops. I go around him.

Be safe out there, people. Don't want to have to make a post in the "Thoughts/Prayers" subforum because of an accident.
[Reply]
kayak_rat 07:15 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
Nice job! :-)

Beat me to it.....my outback is unstoppable.

The new Jeeps are nice looking though.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 07:25 PM 12-21-2008
Only in the snow do I miss my jeep.

My hatch back on blizzaks and no front bumper does pretty darn well for what it is though.
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:27 PM 12-21-2008
I ****ing LOVE my '00 Cherokee. Wish they still make those things. tears up the snow. I can practically make it dance in the winter, its great, never gotten stuck, ever. towed plenty of other people out though :-)
[Reply]
dunng 07:30 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by kayak_rat:
Beat me to it.....my outback is unstoppable.
I knew you would chime in :-)

Mine is a '96 Legacy with 215,000 miles! :-)
[Reply]
Fishbeadtwo 07:58 PM 12-21-2008
F 350 4 by 4 all the way baby! I do however have a soft spot for the Grand Cherokee's...........
[Reply]
JE3146 11:44 PM 12-21-2008
Originally Posted by BamBam:

Was fluffy sticky snow on top of pavement. Stopped like a dream :-)

I always make sure to do periodic brake tests before doing anything overly stupid :-)

ETA:: Right now it's packed snow on a slab of ice... I'm not even driving :-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 05:05 AM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
:-)
[Reply]
GrumpyOleTroll 05:39 AM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
I know EXACTLY what you mean. The city has been pretty much shut down by this storm, but I busted out my parents Wrangler 4x4 and have been tearing up the roads with it. I told my Dad if he had had chains for the thing, we could drive it up a mountain. 35+ down the streets when everyone else is at a crawl. Goes and goes. Just be careful of snow drifts. It's so light that if you find yourself in a rut, it'll carry you to wherever the rut goes lol :-)

Christmas shopping was a breeze. No one was at the stores :-) .. Some insane deals to be had too.

thats called LOOTING #2....LOL

Yeah my new Pick up with summer performance tires hates the snow!!

Shawn
[Reply]
dccraft 06:11 AM 12-22-2008
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I've got a '98 Cherokee and I agree on the gas mileage. In 2WD it kinda sucks at times but in 4WD I can climb up a ski slope with no problem (not that I've ever done that. Just sayin'.................:-))
[Reply]
AAlmeter 11:50 AM 12-22-2008
Those Jeeps sure are nice. Pulled a couple out this past weekend:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up