Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Gift ideas???
SteveDMatt 09:56 PM 12-18-2008
I haven't bought a Christmas gift for my wife for a few years now. We had agreed to not buy anything although she always gets me something and makes me feel like a dic*.

Well, this year we had our first child and I feel the need to get her something from the baby. But I am totally lost. I have no idea where to start. I try to avoid jewelry. She's not a flashy gal. The only jewelry she wears all the time are her wedding and engagement rings.

Help me out guys! and girls!
[Reply]
forgop 10:13 PM 12-18-2008
I'd go with a nice box of habanos. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:19 PM 12-18-2008
Originally Posted by SteveDMatt:
I haven't bought a Christmas gift for my wife for a few years now. We had agreed to not buy anything although she always gets me something and makes me feel like a dic*.

Well, this year we had our first child and I feel the need to get her something from the baby. But I am totally lost. I have no idea where to start. I try to avoid jewelry. She's not a flashy gal. The only jewelry she wears all the time are her wedding and engagement rings.

Help me out guys! and girls!
How about a nice picture frame with an adorable snapshot (minus the Eagles jersey :-)) of your child?

If you have a bunch of digital photos, you could get one of those digital frames that does a slide show.
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 10:30 PM 12-18-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
How about a nice picture frame with an adorable snapshot (minus the Eagles jersey :-)) of your child?

If you have a bunch of digital photos, you could get one of those digital frames that does a slide show.
Peter, I love the idea of the snapshot. So much so, that I did it for my wife's birthday a couple months ago.

Digital picture frame is also on display already.

See what I mean, she has everything....!!!
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 10:31 PM 12-18-2008
Originally Posted by forgop:
I'd go with a nice box of habanos. :-)
She has a box of Monte #4's in my cooler. Even has her name on it. She smokes one every week or 2 when the weather is nice.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:34 PM 12-18-2008
How about a spa treatment. It seems your little one is not very old, so that tells me Mom has spent countless hours wiping butts, noses, getting up multiple times a night, etc. It would be a nice opportunity for her to have some of her "own" time and be pampered. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:36 PM 12-18-2008
How about a NY Giants jersey? :-)
[Reply]
bigloo 11:33 PM 12-18-2008
A nice baby bag (one of those big Coach bags to hold all the dipers and stuff).
Spa Treatment package (one a month for a year)
Do you have a video camera?
Does she like to scrapbook? You could get her a scrapbooking kit.
[Reply]
taltos 04:04 AM 12-19-2008
A Pats jersey would be nice, at least they don't beat the Beagles every year! Or a nice can of chunky soup.:-)
[Reply]
Cigarcop 05:20 AM 12-19-2008
If you like the snapshot photo idea, get a christmas ornament with the pic in it for the first christmas together.
[Reply]
TripleF 05:59 AM 12-19-2008
Nice bottle of wine, or Cask & Cream Chocolate Temptation liqueur. :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 06:11 AM 12-19-2008
A Coach purse would be nice. You know, something special just for her. A woman can never have enough purses or shoes, trust me. :-)
[Reply]
SteveDMatt 06:13 AM 12-19-2008
All good ideas. Keep them coming.

I actually love the spa treatment idea. I did this for her before we were married and although it took her a while to use it, she loved it when she did.

She does do a little scrap booking, but I wouldn't have any idea about what to get.

FFF, What is that? Is that the brand (cask & cream) of the liquor? I think I might drink it all before she gets any....
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:18 AM 12-19-2008
How about a gift certificate to her favorite hair dresser's place?
[Reply]
ucla695 06:44 AM 12-19-2008
My wife loves when she gets a day at the spa (and so do I :-)). It gives her time to get pampered and relax. Well, it also gives me a chance to enjoy some cigars and watch some sports!! :-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 06:49 AM 12-19-2008
Plan an overnight in a Bed and Breakfast or a Hotel were you can get away for one night in the form of a Gift Certificate,Have the Grand Parents baby sit for the night if that is applicable.
A trip to the Local Mesuem for the afternoon with lunch on the side
A set of tickets for an upcomming show, concert or play
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:54 AM 12-19-2008
1 hour massage session.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 09:49 PM 12-19-2008
I know you said no jewelry but a Mothers ring might be just right . Another idea would be to take her away over night if you can get someone in your family to watch the little darling for you , get it all planned and just take her away . Good luck . And for the record , I struggle with what to get my wife every year but I got it nailed this year . :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 09:50 PM 12-19-2008
I still like my idea the best, go with it. :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:08 PM 12-19-2008
Originally Posted by pnoon:
How about a NY Giants jersey? :-)
So long as it is burning from a stick, that sounds perfect!

How about flopping the nut flush....oh wait that's a different conversation and was just a minute ago! :-)

Along the lines of a spa treatment, how about a gift cert for a pedicure? For some reason women love to get their feet scrubbed. Locally, In the Village in Mullica Hill does a lot of the spa and nail stuff if you were looking for a particular spot to go... my wife loves that place. Seems nicer than a lot of other nail salons.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up