Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 232
« First < 12202122 23243272122 > Last »
General Discussion>Good morning Post and sports update
Stogieman 06:22 AM 01-18-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it was good to see the Jets win as they were considered the underdog and congrats to the Vikings as well. So the playoff picture next Sunday is Jets at Indy starting around 1500(3pm) and then the Vikings at New Orleans at 1830(6:30pm). Should be a good day of football but it would be great to see the Jets go to the big game for Beth. Today, I'm going to go over to West Point and pick up Cadet Eric Reder and spend a few hours in a local cigar shop. Depending on how much time Eric has off will determine what shop we stop at. I've taken him a couple of time to Schlesinger's / Hudson Valley Cigars but I'd like to show him Israel's place; Uptown Cigar Shop. Either way, we'll smoke a couple of primo stogies and ensure that Eric gets a little time away from West Point. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:11 AM 01-19-2010
Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's always nice to start the work week off on a Monday. It was a very good day yesterday weather wise and I ended going to Kingston and spending it with Israel and his crew at he Uptown Cigar Company. Enjoyed lunch a Lucy's Tacos(next door) and smoked a couple of top knotch ceegars. One of our old friends stopped by as he was in the area on business, you know him as CoventryCat86. It was good to see Bill and and I hope he makes it to the Quad State Herf as he still has a lot of friends in this and other communities. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good today and takes a break to enjoy a favorite or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:31 AM 01-20-2010
Good morning all, the coffee is on and I've been to work for a while now. Another nice day here at West Point with temps in the low 40s and sunny. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:59 AM 01-22-2010
Good morning all, the coffee is on and a big T.G.I.F. shout out. We had a good time last night with a pack cigar store / bar. It was good to see LouieD came out along with uptown_isy, thefatguy, speedracer, Mr. Martini, Bravo Lima and all of the other usual suspects. We talked sports, this Saturday's road trip to the Metropolitan Cigar Society http://www.metrocigar.com/ (I think we have like 12 to 14 of us goin' down for thier open house), and next month's Quad State Herf V. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few of thier favorites through out it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:38 AM 01-23-2010
Morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. We went to the Army vs. UCONN hockey game last night and the Black Knights took it to the Huskies 5 to 0. For the full story, look here:

http://www.goarmysports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204873378

The Newburgh / West Point crew will be heading down to the Metro Cigar Society for thier annual open house which should be an enjoyable time seeing the Metro guys as always. They have a super nice set up down there as it's one of the nicest clubs that I've seen here in the U.S. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 06:53 AM 01-24-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I had an early morning as I had to drop a couple of guys from work at the Newark NJ Airport to catch a 0730 flight to Orlando. No problem though as it was only an hour earlier than I usually get up. Anyway, yesterday was a great time down at the Metro Cigar Society, George(Tazman) and all of the guys down there treat us really well everytime we visit. The food was great and we enjoyed primo stogies all day. I wanted to thank Tommy Zman (planetZman) for the tasty cigar he gifted and it was my pleasure in finally meeting him. You need to check out his website: www.planetzman.com when you get a chance. Today will be a J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets football gameday over at my nephew Brian's (Axle Foley) house and I hope they win for Beth's sake. I hope everyone has a super Sunday as well and enjoys a couple of your favorites through out it........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:52 AM 01-25-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0400. Well, we all know now that the Superbowl will be the Saints taking on the Colts, at least the halftime show will be cool :-) . What I'm waiting on now is the 2010 NASCAR season to start which will be in 2 weeks. The Bud Shootout is scheduled for the day before the Superbowl and then the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 14th. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week enjoys a favorite or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:51 AM 01-26-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it rained yesterday for almost 24 hours and the drive over the mountain comin' from West Point to Cornwall was like in that movie, "The river runs through it". Thank god for 4 wheel drive and lift kits as the water was a good foot deep and running. Today should mellow one and hopefully dry things out. Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:49 AM 01-27-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. There's nothing really special going on today except that it's "Hump Day" and all. I'm busy working on all the logistics for next month's Quad State Herf; money orders / checks are coming in and the Sponsors are starting to send thier stuff to me as well. We are exactly 1 month away as the event is the 27th of February and I have a good feeling that this one will be the best of the best so far. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite or two or....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:35 AM 01-29-2010
Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0345 and a big T.G.I.F. I have to head back to the Orange County EOC again for day 2 of training which should be done by 1600(4pm). We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's and it was great to see my ole' buddy Steve (toje) from CAO. Thanks for everything brother and god willing, we'll see you at the Quad State Herf on the 27th. This weekend is the Rolex 24 from Daytona Beach and it's the kick off for the NASCAR season as we all know. http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...4-in-2010.aspx Anyway, I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys a few of your favorites........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:46 AM 01-30-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Today is the Rolex 24 from Daytona that starts at 1500(3pm). I'll try and catch some of it on Speed TV as they will be televising quite a bit of it:

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/role...ts-car-series/

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:36 AM 01-31-2010
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is on. The Rolex 24 will be resuming it televised portion this morning at 0700(7am) and run straight through till the finish at 1530(3:30pm) on SpeedTV. Also today, you can watch an array of sports ranging from football(the Pro Bowl), hockey, basketball, tennis, etc. This afternoon, Beth and I will be heading over to the Eisenhower Hall Theater on West Point tho catch the Simply Sinatra shoe live on stage staring Steve Lippia. I heard it's a great show and here is a little info about it:

http://www.ikehall.com/artists.htm

Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys it as well....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:49 AM 02-01-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is finally on. The Simply Sinatra show yesterday was very good and if you get a chance to see Steve Lippia, I highly recommend it. Well, I've posted it on the Quad State Herf thread yesterday but just in case you missed it, the sign up list is full and I have started a Stand-by List. If you are on the present Guest List and have to back out, let me know to make room for others that want to attend. Besides that, I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:43 AM 02-02-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. We took a look at this week's weather on NOAA and they are calling for snow this evening. The weather guessers have been a little off this season but I'm sure that they are tracking:

Today: A chance of light snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tonight: Light snow likely, mainly after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Wednesday: A chance of light snow, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Calm wind becoming northwest between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Either way, we'll be conducting an "Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call" tomorrow morning at 0400(4am) with all the key folks involved. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys....... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:49 AM 02-03-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0330(3:30am). We had our Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call as scheduled at 0400. West Point is code "White" until 0900 with a 2 hour delay for the elementary & middle schools:

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherConditions/

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherCond...SnowPolicy.htm

It's not that bad out but the DPW crews want to ensure that they can hit the main parking areas with the plows and a salt / sand mixture to break up what ever has built up over night. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and get's to and enjoy a favorite or two or........ :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:33 AM 02-04-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. This week must have flew by as it seemed just the other day I was saying that it was Thursday. Being that, we'll be a Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and talking news, weather and sports. If you are in the area, stop on by if you have the time and join us. If your not close by, I hope you have a great day as well and enjoy a favorite cigar while relaxing...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:08 AM 02-05-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while. Well, we had a good time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo stogies and exchanging fishing stories. This weekend is the start of NASCAR and the Superbowl as well. I hope everyone has a good one and gets to relax and smoke a few of your favorites through out it...... :-)

T.G.I.F.
[Reply]
Stogieman 05:16 AM 02-06-2010
Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Well, the weather guessers were wrong again as I woke up at 0400 to see how much snow we got and it hasn't snowed here a bit. Thank god as I had no interest to go out today and clean off the Jeeps and then shovel. I know that the Washington D.C. / Philadelphia area got hit hard and I hope everyone in that zone is okay. As far as today, we have Danica Patrick starting in her first ever stock car race (ARCA Series) at 1630(4:30pm) and then this evening the Bud Shootout is scheduled to start at 2000(8pm). It's great to see that the 2010 race season has begun and Speed Week down in Daytona a heck of a way to start it off. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and takes the time to enjoy a favorite or two or...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 03:58 AM 02-07-2010
Good morning all and yes, the joe has been brewing for a while. I couldn't sleep so I figured I check out what's up. Had good day yesterday, smoked a couple of ceegars at the Hudson Valley Cigar shop http://www.hudsonvalleycigars.com/ and then came home and watched stock car racing for the rest of the day. Today as we know is the Superbowl and I hope that the new Orleans Saints win it for the community and the teams sake. After Hurricane Katrina devestated Louisiana back on the 25th of August 2005, it will mean a lot to the folks down there that lost everything. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys...... :-)
[Reply]
Stogieman 04:04 AM 02-08-2010
Good morning all and yes, the coffee is definitely on. Congrats to the New Orleans Saints, they definitely out played the Colts in the 2nd half making them the Superbowl Champs. What I'm presently trying to do is get my CigarFest 2010 tickets in the Poconos but as I tried 3 times to get past the ordering page on CI, I kept getting knocked off of their server. Now it's saying that they are conducting maintenance (Server Crashed) and will be back up shortly. We'll see!!! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Speed Week (it's a NASCAR thing) and enjoy...... :-)
[Reply]
Page 22 of 232
« First < 12202122 23243272122 > Last »
Up