Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Dark Lord Day 2011
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:43 PM 02-22-2011
Getting closer. Tickets should be out end of March.

Can someone tell me what food is available to buy there? Or if the brewpub is open to buy stuff? I'm still not sure if we are going to bring a grill.
[Reply]
Jbailey 12:14 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Getting closer. Tickets should be out end of March.

Can someone tell me what food is available to buy there? Or if the brewpub is open to buy stuff? I'm still not sure if we are going to bring a grill.
They serve food at the brewpub but you have to wait in line to get in. Last year most of my day was spent waiting inline to get in to try vanilla bean dark lord. There was also were a couple of tents set up selling food.
[Reply]
awsmith4 07:49 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
They serve food at the brewpub but you have to wait in line to get in. Last year most of my day was spent waiting inline to get in to try vanilla bean dark lord. There was also were a couple of tents set up selling food.
Sounds like I need to go Phish style and get the gas griddle and grill cheese supplies and sell me some sammiches in the lot.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:13 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Sounds like I need to go Phish style and get the gas griddle and grill cheese supplies and sell me some sammiches in the lot.
:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:08 AM 02-23-2011
Three, with extra bacon, please.
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:14 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Three, with extra bacon, please.
Sure thing...wait! Are you a cop??? You have to tell me if you're a cop, stoners know their rights man.

(dammit where's the rasta smiley)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:18 PM 02-23-2011
Sure thing...wait! Are you a cop??? You have to tell me if you're a cop, stoners know their rights man.

(dammit where's the rasta smiley)
Sergeant Stadanko, Man. :-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:21 PM 02-23-2011
Sergeant Stadanko, Man. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:27 PM 02-23-2011
They did announce that tickets are available on St. Patty's Day but no word on how I get em. Do you have to be at the brewery or is it an internet/phone thing?
[Reply]
icehog3 02:44 PM 02-23-2011
They did announce that tickets are available on St. Patty's Day but no word on how I get em. Do you have to be at the brewery or is it an internet/phone thing?
Last year it was via the internet, and took me numerous attempts before I could A). connect, and B)., complete the purchase of Golden Tickets.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:45 AM 02-24-2011
Great.. Now I'm going to have to halt St. Patty's day celebration so I can stop to buy tickets. Don't they know how important St. Patty's day is to the Greeks? I might have to get a internet DD.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Great.. Now I'm going to have to halt St. Patty's day celebration so I can stop to buy tickets. Don't they know how important St. Patty's day is to the Greeks? I might have to get a internet DD.
If they go on sale at 6PM on St. Patty's Day, can you call and wake me up Son? :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:08 AM 02-24-2011
I went to the website and I didn't see that info. Are you sure you are looking at 2011 info?
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:14 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by IBQTEE1:
I went to the website and I didn't see that info. Are you sure you are looking at 2011 info?
I clicked a link from a beer blog that took me to what I thought was 2011 info but turns out it was the 2010 info. Damn bloggers :-)

EDIT: While his link did not work I did find the info and it even answered my question

http://www.darklordday.com/faq/#0
[Reply]
icehog3 09:28 AM 02-24-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
This whole Dark Lord thing is getting larger by the minute!
[Reply]
landhoney 09:45 AM 02-24-2011
Wish there was similar interest in Cigar City's Hunahpu release day, be great to have a group of CA'ers going with me. But I guess if I can find two hot chicks to wrestle in the water and take a picture, maybe next year there will be similar interest to what you guys have. :-)

Oh, and :-) DAMN!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:59 AM 02-24-2011
If they go on sale at 6PM on St. Patty's Day, can you call and wake me up Son? :-)
:-) for as long as there aren't any females wrestling in front of me you got it Pops.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:23 AM 02-24-2011
Wow...this looks like an event for me! :-) :-) My daughter's birthday though, and it's a bit of a hike. :-)
[Reply]
Gonesledn 05:06 PM 02-24-2011
from there FAQ page.....

1.Dark Lord Day is an ADULT ONLY event a STRICT 21 and over policy will be adhered to. Also, no pets allowed. Your pet will be turned away at the gate.
2.The event will take place on Saturday, April 30th.
3.The only way to ensure that you’ll get some Darklord is to purchase a ticket online. The proceeds from the sale of these tickets go to a local charity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4.These tickets will tentatively go on sale on March 17th. The time of the sale is yet to be announced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5.We will announce the sales details of the tickets on Twitter followed by posts on the Darklord day web site as well as the Rate Beer and Beer Advocate web sites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6.The biggest change for this year is that a ticket will be required to attend the event. This ticket will also guarantee bottle allocation. Regrettably, changes have to be made to ensure the longevity of the event, safety and shorter lines. Without the ticket, there will be no admission to the premises. More information on ticket sales will be made available in the coming weeks.
7.We are currently working on a time schedule for Darklord bottle sales. More info will be posted in the coming weeks.
8.Ticket limits are being worked out and will be announced soon.
9.The bottle limit will be announced as soon as we determine this year’s yield. We limit the amount a guest can buy so more people will be able to enjoy and share the beer.
10.A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will benefit several local charities.
11.We are putting the lineup together. We’re excited about the bands we have committed and will release more info soon.
12.The brewery will provide some parking, but we are in a business park that isn’t set up for this kind of crowd. Carpool if you can and please respect our neighbors property.
13.The brewery is located at 9750 Indiana Pkwy, Munster, In. 46321
14.THIS EVENT IS CASH ONLY. ATMs will be provided for those that don’t want to travel with cash.
15.There may be some buses being organized by local bars, but none by Three Floyds.
16.We allow people to bring limited amounts of beer for trading and sampling with other beer lovers. The idea is to celebrate craft beer not have a raging kegger. Please no kegs and be respectful of the event.
17.There are several hotels in the area. The closest is The Hampton Inn of Munster.
18.There is no space for camping. Again, we are in a business park.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 05:15 PM 02-24-2011
i will have the 14x14 ez-up set set up again this year again, and the weber grill brought with... anyone is welcome to use.

last year i got out there at 6:30 am and had street parking right in front of the event, and will do the same this year.

looking foward to this !!!

wes
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 456 78 > Last »
Up