Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Pepin Garcia blue toro gordo
Don Fernando 03:22 AM 05-15-2011
In february of this year My Father cigars released the news of an addition to their blue label blend, a 6x56 toro gordo and this cigar already hit the Dutch market. In the past we had to wait years before cigars were finally available in The Netherlands but distributer The Longfiller Company is doing great stuff for the Dutch aficionados, not just in getting great cigars on the Dutch market soon after the US release but also price wise. In the past we overpaid for our cigars, prices were doubled or even tripled compared to the US MSRP but not anymore, this cigar will cost € 6,50 in the Dutch shops.

The cigar has a great construction and the beautiful, dark and oily corojo wrapper feels quite silky. I see a few veins and I smell a barnyard. The predraw is fine and I taste tobacco and raisin.

I taste pepper with coffee and after half an inch I taste wood with a peppery aftertaste. After a third I taste wood with lots of herbs and some pepper. The flavors are full and in your face, but then the flavors slowly gets a bit smoother.

Halfway I taste mainly wood with a small amount of herbs on the background and in the aftertaste. After two thirds the wood changes flavor, it is still wood but different. I even taste some nut flavors too.

The smoke time of this super toro is a whopping 2 hours. The draw is a bit loose but I got plenty of smoke. At the start I had a crooked burn but it corrected itself. The light colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied, and gave me a nice flame during the purge.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Up