Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>LGC Reserva Figurados
DaBear 09:44 PM 04-27-2011
Figured I'd mark my return to the Asylum with a review.

Not sure on the size, don't have a ring gauge on hand for measurement but its either the piramides or selectos de lujos as its a big ol thing.

Appearance: Dark, dark, and more dark. Very oily wrapper. One of the more eye appealing maduros I've seen. The wrapper is a bit damaged as it has been sitting in store for quite awhile

Pre smoke: Nice earthy scent to the wrapper and a solid draw. Coffee/dark chocolate flavors on the draw.

Smoke: This cigar produces a thick white smoke. The initial draw are spot on with the predraw flavors and scent, earthy coffee/dark chocolate. Flavors haven't changed as I reach the thick point of the cigar. The ash is a greyish white. A little over an inch in the coffee/dark chocolate flavors subside leaving the earthiness as the prominent flavor. Burn has become a bit uneven, though I'm gonna blame that slightly on the wind/humidity out right now, we're supposed to get hit by some pretty intense thunderstorms overnight(my dad even sent me a worried text earlier after I told him the last bout of severe storms had a tornado come within 2 miles of my place). A light spiciness is starting to emerge and the coffee flavor seems to be coming back. The coffee flavor has subsided again leaving a spicy earthiness. The spice subsides going into the final third of the cigar and the coffee makes yet another comeback. As I reach the nub, the spice returns. Total smoke time close to 2 hours

Overall: I'd give this a 9/10, not the best thing I've ever had but a damn good cigar, worth every penny of its ~$10.50 price tag. I'll be picking up a couple of the smaller size soon.

Paired this up with a cup of Starbucks Espresso Roast. Pretty good combo I'd say.

Picked this bad boy up at my job, the Tinderbox in Raleigh. As I know these are slightly hard to come by, if anyone has been dying for one shoot me a PM, I can pick a few up and mail em out. Theres only one left of this particular size, but theres about 10 left of the Flechas/Felicias/Regales(again not sure on which it is, I'll look it up when I work next). After correcting the burn the ash falls off(thanks wind, right onto my keyboard).
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:28 AM 04-28-2011
Nice review Bear & welcome back!!! :-)
[Reply]
Up