Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What's your favorite IPA?
BlackDog 05:15 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Thanks. I was just curious. I found a place online with it for $11, and wanted to make sure that was the going rate.
Where are you located? Maybe we can work something out trade-wise.
[Reply]
romwarrior 02:08 PM 11-12-2009
Thanks to this thread I got a hold of some Dogfish 60 Minute, SN Torpedo and Full Sail IPA. All three are very good but that Dogfish 60 minute is something else (and unique)! Yummy!!
[Reply]
BigCat 02:58 PM 11-12-2009
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Thanks to this thread I got a hold of some Dogfish 60 Minute, SN Torpedo and Full Sail IPA. All three are very good but that Dogfish 60 minute is something else (and unique)! Yummy!!
If you like the 60 minute, give the 90 a try...I like it much better.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:44 PM 03-08-2010
Bells Hopslam, Dogfish Head 90, Lagunitas IPA, Founders cent. IPA, and Bells Two Hearted. All very solid in my book.
[Reply]
azcards83 07:52 PM 03-08-2010
Bridgeport IPA, Lagunitas IPA, local brewery here (Four Peaks) brews a fantastic IPA called Hop Knot
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 08:25 PM 03-08-2010
I have a few that I cant decide between. Lagunitas Maximus IPA, DFH 60min, SN IPA or Torpend IPA and any Stone IPA variants. lol I love IPA's
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:29 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
I have a few that I cant decide between. Lagunitas Maximus IPA, DFH 60min, SN IPA or Torpend IPA and any Stone IPA variants. lol I love IPA's

I love IPA's too, maybe my favorite style of beer.
[Reply]
boom 09:51 PM 03-08-2010
As of now it's been Firestone's Pale 31
[Reply]
gvarsity 10:36 PM 03-08-2010
I have been on a huge IPA & DIPA kick recently. Drinking a founders Double Trouble right now. Pretty good but low on the list this week which included a Three Floyds Dreadnaught last night. That could be my #1 beer. I would drink it everyday if I could afford the cost. Had a Southern Tier Unearthly Pale Ale earlier this week which was nice and significantly cheaper than the Dreadnaught. Also have been drinking Bell's Hopslam this week. A buddy of mine was in the Twin Cities and brought me back a 4 pack of the Surly Furious. Like I said I have been on a kick.

I would love to get my hands on some Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster. I enjoy pretty much every thing I have had from Great Lakes and have some of their Imperial Stout in my fridge at the moment to break from type.

I have to agree with JBailey on the Lake Louis and Ale Asylum. I almost picked up the Ballistic tonight. I'll have to get it next as I haven't actually had the Ballistic or Satisfaction but I really enjoy their Hopalicious.

I will be in San Francisco for a couple of days later this month on my way to China and I will have to pick up some Pliny the Elder. My folks bless their hearts drove up to the Russian River Valley to try to get me some of the Pliny the Younger. They went up the morning after it was released at opening and they were already sold out. The brewery thought it would last 2-4 days and it only lasted about 12 hours.

Mmmm beer mmmm *** DROOOL ***
[Reply]
jaydub13 01:15 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by romwarrior:
Is the Pliny (Pliney??) available in SoCal??
Also check with Whole Foods Markets... I'm not kidding. The one in Tustin gets it in regularly, as they have a beer guy who is AMAZING. I just wish I could get my hands on Pliny the Younger.....

That said, my favorite IPA has got to be Maharajah from Avery. Love that smell of pineapple.....
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:46 AM 03-09-2010
Boulevard SingleWide IPA and Founders Centenial IPA
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:42 PM 04-17-2010
Bell's Two Hearted is such a great beer. My go-to IPA.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 05:47 PM 04-17-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Bell's Two Hearted is such a great beer. My go-to IPA.
For sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:51 PM 04-17-2010
DFH 60 minute. Just for info's sake Nugget Nectar isn't an IPA, it's an Amber. Hey, it's so hoppy and bigger than normal I'd call it a DIPA, but Troegg's says it's an amber so, "shrug"
[Reply]
Tazziedevil 05:09 PM 04-19-2010
Back when I lived in the pacific northwest I really liked Full Sail IPA.

IPA's are a bit more rare down under, but James Squire makes a decent enough IPA.
[Reply]
76GTFan 03:28 PM 04-30-2010
Can't remember if it truly qualifies as an IPA, but I used to love Bert Grant's bottle conditioned ale. Was very hard to get at the time. Now I stick with Dogfish, Full Sail, and even Sweetwater IPA is darn good.
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 11:34 PM 04-30-2010
IPA is my favorite style. My go to IPA's are Two Hearted and Racer 5.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:11 AM 05-01-2010
Been drinking Mayflower IPA a lot recently. Nice in-between flavor that is not too much and easy to drink, but still very much an IPA. Once of the best local IPA (MA) to come out in a while.
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:36 AM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Been drinking Mayflower IPA a lot recently. Nice in-between flavor that is not too much and easy to drink, but still very much an IPA. Once of the best local IPA (MA) to come out in a while.
I sampled this beer a couple weeks ago at the Boston Bacon & Beer Festival. It's a really solid, well-balanced IPA. It had a nice fruit flavor to it that I've not experienced in an IPA before. It wasn't citrus I was picking up on (although that was present) but almost a peach-like note.

Another great local beer I tried that day was the Clown Shoes Black IPA. It was very good as well.
[Reply]
PortlandCigarClub 02:27 PM 05-01-2010
Has anybody tried the Black Mamba IPA from Gilgamesh Brewing? It's made with black tea leaves instead of hops. It's SOO Good!! It's only available on tap where you can find it, but I think they're going to start bottling soon.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up