Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 159
« First < 8910 11122060110 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you reading?
hotreds 09:33 PM 01-22-2009
War Stories- Iraq by Oliver North
[Reply]
hotreds 09:35 PM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
I loved Band of Brothers! I followed it by reading D-Day by Stephen Ambrose.
I love Ambrose- such a shame he passed right after the bad taste from the hanky panky with his last book.
[Reply]
alley00p 10:35 PM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
One of my favorite topics(after all, I am a librarian)

Right now I am reading Exit Music, by Ian Rankin. The last John Rebus novel.

I am listening to A Soldier of the Great War by Mark Helpren.
Cigargal, is that the newest Rebus novel? I think I've read all the rest of them so far :-)

My Systems Librarian recommended the series to me when I started workig at our Cooperative. She enjoyed them so much that she talked her husband into a 2 week vacation in Scotland so she could visit all the places and haunts of John Rebus. :-) Her husband wasn't even aware of her ulterior motives until she mentioned "this is the place where John Rebus met so and so in one of his stories".

I've enjoyed all of the Rebus books so far, including the short story collections.

Right now I'm re-readind "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy.

BTW, what ILS system do you use at your library?

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 10:44 PM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
Cigargal, is that the newest Rebus novel? I think I've read all the rest of them so far :-)

My Systems Librarian recommended the series to me when I started workig at our Cooperative. She enjoyed them so much that she talked her husband into a 2 week vacation in Scotland so she could visit all the places and haunts of John Rebus. :-) Her husband wasn't even aware of her ulterior motives until she mentioned "this is the place where John Rebus met so and so in one of his stories".

I've enjoyed all of the Rebus books so far, including the short story collections.

Right now I'm re-readind "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy.

BTW, what ILS system do you use at your library?

:-):-):-)

Mr. 00p,
Exit Music is the last John Rebus book. It came out last summer and covers the last week of his life as an Inspector before retirement.

Our library is 15'X20' and I am not sure it has(or needs) an ILS. We have an ILL system linked with other libraries in the state...I HOPE THIS ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

John Rebus rocks!
[Reply]
skullnrose 11:17 PM 01-22-2009
Not to thread jack but do any of you avid readers use the Amazon Kindle ?

To keep on topic I'm currently reading Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule. I'm not much of a reader and I'm trying to do more of it. Right now I find myself leaning towards the True Crime books.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 11:34 PM 01-22-2009
"Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam Is Subverting America Without Guns or Bombs" (I know, long title) By Robert Spencer
[Reply]
macpappy 06:21 AM 01-23-2009
Almost through "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. It's the first of his books that I've read.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:19 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
"Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam Is Subverting America Without Guns or Bombs" (I know, long title) By Robert Spencer
Spencer continues to warn us, too bad so few are paying attention!
[Reply]
Cigargal 09:37 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Not to thread jack but do any of you avid readers use the Amazon Kindle ?

To keep on topic I'm currently reading Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule. I'm not much of a reader and I'm trying to do more of it. Right now I find myself leaning towards the True Crime books.
No kindle-too expensive for me. I listen to a lot of audio books, but I love the feel of a book in my hands.

True crime book-Devil in The White City. Great story of building the Chicago World's Fair and a serial killer.
[Reply]
kgoings 09:58 AM 01-23-2009
Just starting to read 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand
[Reply]
King James 10:00 AM 01-23-2009
My organic chem and biochemistry book. Awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 10:01 AM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
My organic chem and biochemistry book. Awesome!
Posted via Mobile Device
O Chem = :-)

Biochem = :-)

Good luck!
[Reply]
Partagaspete 10:09 AM 01-23-2009
Cigars, Whiskey, and Winning.

Leadership Lessons from Ulysses S. Grant.

He was more than a drunkard!!!

My wife got it for me for Christmas. She knows I like cigars and single malts so she got it thinking it was about that stuff. She should have read full title:-):

But it is actually a great read. It is like "The Daily Bread" for leadership.
Good fro the civilian manager and the Military professional alike.

T
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:55 AM 01-23-2009
Im reading and studying Essentials of Statistics For Business and Economics.
Also studying Managerial Accounting. Right now reading about short-term solvency analysis.
[Reply]
rack04 11:01 AM 01-23-2009
"Cross Country" by James Patterson.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 11:11 AM 01-23-2009
Unintended Consequenses - John Ross
[Reply]
Prospector 11:19 AM 01-23-2009
Einstein, by Walter Isaacson.
[Reply]
tsolomon 01:00 PM 01-23-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
Almost through "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. It's the first of his books that I've read.
It was thought it was a very good read if you could accept the concept. I went on read Neverwhere and Anansi Boys by Neil and enjoyed both of them.

Just finished Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. The book really grabbed me, but the ending was a little too perfect.
[Reply]
Ubergopher 06:04 PM 02-10-2009
The American Crisis by Thomas Paine.
[Reply]
taltos 06:49 PM 02-10-2009
Truman by David McCullough, trying to remember that we once had leaders and citizens with guts.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 159
« First < 8910 11122060110 > Last »
Up