Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Experience of a lifetime.......
Sailchaser 08:58 PM 12-07-2008
Thanks for making my day and sharing you family story with us. It is truly a great gift to be able to see a land that you could tie so many emotions to. I hope that you will be able to visit and enjoy the family All on one piece of land one day
[Reply]
bobarian 09:00 PM 12-07-2008
Though I cant imagine how you and your wife felt, it was moving to read your post. Thank you for sharing and keeping the hope that someday you will be able to freely visit your homeland. :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 06:22 PM 12-08-2008
Glad to see you back, Carlos. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 10:19 AM 12-10-2008
I can't imagine seeing the place I was born from afar...and knowing I can't go there. Especially if I knew there was family there.

Really brings it home Carlos. Thanks man, and God bless!
[Reply]
Cigargal 10:29 AM 12-10-2008
It's gonna happen one day, Carlos. And someday we will have a major herf on the beach in Cuba.
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:11 AM 12-10-2008
Someday Carlos, someday. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 12:56 PM 12-10-2008
Wow- very moving, indeed! Here's hoping that one day soon Cuba sera libre nuevamente.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:47 PM 12-10-2008
Thanks to all for the kind hopeful thoughts.

I was at our local supermarket today speaking to the bakery department manager, who is Cuban also. First time I saw her since my return. I was still choked up telling her about this experience.

Some, if not all of you, have recognized something most take for granted. It is so, so tough to see where you were born so close yet you are so far. I can't describe it. It is a void that has no words. I believe humans are like so many of the animals in the world that travel so far to lay their eggs or give birth were they were born themselves. We all have an inherent desire to see our birthplace and see our roots. If you are Cuban or an illegal alien (not limited to that but makes up the majority), that is the only way you can know what it feels like to be deprived of that. Again, very hard to put in words.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up