Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 177 of 225
« First < 77127167175176177 178179187 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
Brian D. 04:25 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I respectfully disagree. It's part of baseball and has always been a part of it. Retaliation is there to protect players on your own team. Retaliation after showboating is one thing, but retaliation after one of your own players gets knocked down is just an "eye for an eye, tooth for tooth" imho. I realize that we don't live in Old Testament days anymore, but hey, if you f*** up, then expect to pay for it. I haven't seen any life threatening situations in baseball that were intentional since the days of Ty Cobb (correct me if my facts are wrong there).
When a pitcher throws at somebody's head it could kill them. No not the likeliest thing to happen, but even with the helmet a possibility.

To me the better thing to do rather than dangerous behavior by these millionaires playing a kid's game being is to punish anybody who gets physical with another player. But that won't happen, fans want that crap.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:35 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
When a pitcher throws at somebody's head it could kill them. No not the likeliest thing to happen, but even with the helmet a possibility.

To me the better thing to do rather than dangerous behavior by these millionaires playing a kid's game being is to punish anybody who gets physical with another player. But that won't happen, fans want that crap.
I see your point, but still disagree. With all the safety equipment in place nowadays, it's hard for a batter to get a lifethreatening injury. First and third base coaches are the most susceptible to being injured by a foul ball. Batters used to be trained to turn in to prevent injury. Nowadays it seems like batters turn out toward the ball to get hit intentionally. The injuries are a part of baseball, but can be easily prevented with proper mechanics.

I'm only 33, but maybe that's the old school in me that makes me feel this way.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:09 AM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:

At the end of the night, he celebrated b/c he "is back" to the norm, which may or not be the case, but it was a big mental challenge that he overcame and I hope he truly is back.
Here's the problem, if you are the closer, which he is far from with his number of appearances, then act like you've done it. You come in to get a save, you get it. The Brewers are a mediocre team, at best, and all you did was your job, not win a playoff game, not a come from behind win, not striking out the side with the bases loaded, not an amazing snag on a comebacker, his job.

Is he back? I don't even know what 'being back' means when he pitches 10 games out of 30. If he was pitching in every save situation or in every game, then maybe he could be 'back', but he still isn't a regular pitcher. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:37 PM 06-28-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Here's the problem, if you are the closer, which he is far from with his number of appearances, then act like you've done it. You come in to get a save, you get it. The Brewers are a mediocre team, at best, and all you did was your job, not win a playoff game, not a come from behind win, not striking out the side with the bases loaded, not an amazing snag on a comebacker, his job.

Is he back? I don't even know what 'being back' means when he pitches 10 games out of 30. If he was pitching in every save situation or in every game, then maybe he could be 'back', but he still isn't a regular pitcher. :-)
I still disagree on the overall issue, but I see your point here.
[Reply]
hotreds 05:54 PM 06-28-2012
I doubt he'll do it again. It was actually good to see some emotion from him. But, as I said earlier- just keep you bat on your shoulder when you face him and chances are he'll walk you and the rest of the stadium.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 01:07 PM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
I doubt he'll do it again. It was actually good to see some emotion from him. But, as I said earlier- just keep you bat on your shoulder when you face him and chances are he'll walk you and the rest of the stadium.
From the sounds of it, I wouldn't count on seeing him sommersault again. Sounds like the clubhouse talk to him was pretty stern. At least stern enough that the Brewers were satisfied enough not to throw at anyone the next day. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 02:22 PM 06-29-2012
yup
[Reply]
Brian D. 05:42 AM 06-30-2012
Reds........?

Heck I don't stay up that late when I gotta work the next morning. Did Leake and the boys hang onto the lead?
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:13 AM 06-30-2012
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Reds........?

Heck I don't stay up that late when I gotta work the next morning. Did Leake and the boys hang onto the lead?
Complete game for Leake.

Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:00 PM 06-30-2012
Complete game for Latos!

Reds win! Reds win! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:35 PM 07-01-2012
That one HURT!
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:37 PM 07-01-2012
Jay Bruce.... Wow..... :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:40 PM 07-01-2012
Here is one thing I still don't understand about baseball, How is that not an error? :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:08 PM 07-01-2012
should be!
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:32 PM 07-01-2012
Here is one thing I still don't understand about baseball, How is that not an error? :-)
I don't understand it either. It was obviously an error. Dude thought he was at the wall and he wasn't.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:59 PM 07-01-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I don't understand it either. It was obviously an error. Dude thought he was at the wall and he wasn't.
By rule, it has to touch their glove to be an error, but when you are camped under it and you just straight miss it, that should always be an error in my book. :-)

Its like an infielder having the ball go between his legs but missing his glove, error. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 04:53 AM 07-02-2012
By rule, it has to touch their glove to be an error, but when you are camped under it and you just straight miss it, that should always be an error in my book. :-)

Its like an infielder having the ball go between his legs but missing his glove, error. :-)
Yep. Dumbest thing I have heard in a while.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:22 AM 07-02-2012
Need your Reds to take out the Braves in this series. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:40 AM 07-02-2012
What schedule you looking at?
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:44 AM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
What schedule you looking at?
Yeah, that is what I am wondering too. I think Mac has been drinking too much of his Apple Pie Shine :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 177 of 225
« First < 77127167175176177 178179187 > Last »
Up