Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone use Cigarbid.com?
smokin5 09:26 PM 05-05-2014
My general rule of thumb over MANY years on CBid is I find the lowest
retail price, factor in shipping cost, & then bid no more than 2/3 of that
price (including shipping). Works often enough. Tho won lots more bids
in years past than in recent times. Unsure if it's using shills now, or
people have just gotten dumber. Equal odds on either choice, really.
[Reply]
meatcake 10:10 PM 05-05-2014
I use this to see what lowest bid WON was.....and try to get lower than that.
http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/
[Reply]
dijit 05:32 AM 05-06-2014
Use it regularly but do the research first make sure that you cant get it lower elsewhere first.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 10:12 AM 05-07-2014
I have found that certain items are typically a good deal when they are on the free fall auction. You can usually get it for about $10 less than the starting price if you are patient, sometimes a little more.
[Reply]
dave 10:50 AM 05-07-2014
Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX:
I have found that certain items are typically a good deal when they are on the free fall auction. You can usually get it for about $10 less than the starting price if you are patient, sometimes a little more.
Sorry if you've heard this before, but for some reason I feel the need to repeat it every time someone mentions 'free fall'.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy singles on Free Fall. Everything on Free Fall comes under the 'samplers' category for weekly shipping charges. That means $5 for shipping the first one and another $1 for every one after that. Note that singles from 'Singles' category are only a quarter for the additional sticks. Easy to overlook this and get stung
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 09:04 AM 05-10-2014
I have. With no regret. I got a box of Bueso Genesis for $40. That can't be beat. Don't look for exotics. Mine usually arrive a little dry and need some box time. Just don't get caught up: set your limits and walk away until the auction settles.
[Reply]
hammondc 09:55 AM 05-10-2014
wots a cigarbid?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up