Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 79 of 129
« First < 2969777879 808189 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 10:51 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I somewhat agree with you Myles on the whole fat is bad for you mantra. Funny how the whole "low-fat" boom during the 80-90's lead to ever increasing waistlines. What was added back in after the fat was removed? Sugar. Too much sugar in your diet if not burned off get's stored as fat. Imagine that.

I think carbs have their place in a diet. Mostly for a western diet though, they're not as necessary since we lead more sedentary lifestyles. If we're not burning off the excess fuel, we don't need to take in as much. That's just my $.02. I'm not a doctor, but i did stay at a hotel last night, but not a Holiday Inn.
Pretty much the low fat labels are a lie (at least with many products, especially salad dressings). They are lower in fat than other products but still very high fat content.
[Reply]
kgoings 01:24 PM 05-19-2011
Today was Cardio Recovery day..kind of a waste of time in my opinion. I think in the future I will just go run 2.5 to 5 miles on Cardio recovery day. :-)

Still going good.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:39 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Today was Cardio Recovery day..kind of a waste of time in my opinion. I think in the future I will just go run 2.5 to 5 miles on Cardio recovery day. :-)

Still going good.
:-) That's the spirit. How bout a Fresca? :-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:47 PM 05-19-2011
:-) That's the spirit. How bout a Fresca? :-)
I'll have a Fresca!!!
(On the other hand, no I won't. It has grapefruit in it. I understand that if I eat grapefruit with my Carbamezapine it'll kill me or make my noodle soggy or something.)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:10 PM 05-19-2011
Fresca? They still make that horrid drink?

Actually, now that I'm older and have acquired a taste for diet drinks, Fresca might not be bad. I don't think they sell it around here if it's still in production.
[Reply]
shilala 04:19 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Fresca? They still make that horrid drink?

Actually, now that I'm older and have acquired a taste for diet drinks, Fresca might not be bad. I don't think they sell it around here if it's still in production.
I love it. Loved it when I was a kid, even. That and Diet 7up. They had a citrus drink called Rondo that I liked, too. It was around 30 some-odd years ago, I have no idea when it disappeared. There were two kinds, I remember just liking the one in the yellow can.
You want horrid? Try a Tab. No idea what's in that stuff, but I never could get it down.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:39 PM 05-19-2011
I liked Tab when I was 4yrs old. I don't remember what it tasted like.
[Reply]
goalie204 09:46 PM 05-19-2011
Aye, a lifestyle change has to be permanent. I'm sure every single person here has lost and then gained it all back and maybe then some! :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 10:47 AM 05-20-2011
Just finished some Insanity Pure Cardio...phew! Keep on Truckin!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:24 AM 05-20-2011
What was the weigh-in Kirk? That was today, right?
[Reply]
ashtonlady 01:50 PM 05-20-2011
I got my walk in yesterday. :-) I am not a breakfast person so I have started making Protien shakes for breakfast. That really seams to help my morning go better.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:29 PM 05-20-2011
Breakfast gets your metabolism going in the morning, Laura. It's a key to doing this. Protein shakes are great and there are so many varieties that you can make in order to keep from getting bored with them.:-) Keep it up!:-)
[Reply]
kgoings 04:00 PM 05-20-2011
What was the weigh-in Kirk? That was today, right?
Weigh ins i are Wednesdays i was 193
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:05 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Breakfast gets your metabolism going in the morning, Laura. It's a key to doing this. Protein shakes are great and there are so many varieties that you can make in order to keep from getting bored with them.:-) Keep it up!:-)
I have a hard time with breakfast.
I get up at 4 am start work at 6 and my first blow isn't until 9
Thats when I eat, a full 5hrs after I get up.
The other morning when I grabbed that banana at the store before my ride in, I was out of my mind hungry by 7:30.
I don't know which is worse for me!
[Reply]
ashtonlady 04:29 PM 05-20-2011
I am like you Dom, I would get up and get going then settle down about 3 to 4 hours later for breakfast. I have found that 5 oz of milk with a protien mix, I use the one that is part of the Biggest looser plan. This takes me until 11 to noon, I do this at 7am.
[Reply]
jonumberone 04:34 PM 05-20-2011
Thanks Laura.
I may look into it.
Can It be mixed up the night before?
I usually don't get home from work until 1 am and have to get up at 4am.
My wife packs my bag the night before because I'm usually a zombie.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:19 PM 05-20-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Thanks Laura.
I may look into it.
Can It be mixed up the night before?
I usually don't get home from work until 1 am and have to get up at 4am.
My wife packs my bag the night before because I'm usually a zombie.
Jesus, seriously Dom? That's a big problem right there. Is there anyway to get around this? Most people recommend 6-8 hours of sleep for effective weightloss. If you are only getting three hours of sleep, your body needs extra calories to survive.
If you can't work around it, good luck, but if there's anything you can change to get some more sleep each night, try to do so.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:10 AM 05-21-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Weigh ins i are Wednesdays i was 193
Oh, my bad. Good job though. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:14 AM 05-21-2011
Proteins and fiber are your best sources to help keep that full feeling longer. And there's nothing wrong with eating 4-5 small meals a day instead of the usual 3. Keyword being "small".
[Reply]
jonumberone 08:49 AM 05-22-2011
Good morning fellas.

Had my weigh in today.
Another 1.2 lbs
I would say I'm on track with both my long term and short term goals.
260 by July 4th
250 by labor day
I know that's only 10 lbs between the two holidays but I tried to account for summer BBQ season.
Anyway, I'm well on my way! :-)
[Reply]
Page 79 of 129
« First < 2969777879 808189 > Last »
Up