Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Caldwell Long Live the Queen Queen's Club
borndead1 10:18 PM 01-14-2024
This cigar was gifted to me. I wouldn't be smoking it otherwise, cuz it's a big fat log of a cigar with a 56 rg. Nice looking wrapper; good draw.

First few draws...a nice baking spice type flavor with some cinnamon in the background. Several burn corrections.

About 1" in...similar flavors. There's an interesting flavor on the finish, like some sort of fragrant wood or plant. Like sage or sandalwood or something. Burn has straightened out.

About 2" in...similar flavors. Mild side of medium 'strength'. Although this cigar is showing some unique flavors, there's not much depth there. Burn has gone wonky again.

About halfway...no major changes, but a slight sweetness has come in on the draw. Not so much a sweet flavor, but a sensation on the palate while drawing. Nice smoke so far, but not a real attention grabber.

A little past halfway...no real changes in the dominant flavors, but a bit of anise on the finish. Several more small burn corrections.

Toward the end...same flavors. Never got above the mild side of medium 'strength'. I let 'er die at just over 1".

Final thoughts...decent smoke. I'd be willing to try a smaller ring gauge, but this one didn't grab me.

EDIT: I just looked up the price. At $15/stick, I'd choose a Warped La Colmena or a CC over these.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:46 AM 01-15-2024
I enjoy these, but in a smaller RG. I've never had the big boys.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:58 AM 01-15-2024
I'm a fan of a few of the Caldwell lines, haven't tried the LLtQ line yet, Mark. I'd be like James though and try it in a smaller RG.
[Reply]
Up