Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Camacho Pre Embargo
borndead1 08:37 PM 10-01-2022
I bid on a single recently just for sh*ts and giggles. It is claimed that these cigars contain "a significant portion of authentic pre-embargo Cuban tobacco." Let's see if I can taste it.

First things first. Ugly wrapper. Uneven color and several blemishes. Not UGLY ugly, but if you're trying to impress people with a cigar line, you shouldn't use wrapper tobacco that looks like this. Good draw, which is surprising for a Camacho cigar. I actually stopped buying their cigars because of too many loose draws. I mean LOOSE draws. like a straw. OK, now onto the smoking of the cigar.

First few draws...pretty standard CIGAR flavor. A little woodsy through the nose. Not bad.

About 1" in...not impressed so far. Not a bad smoke, but honestly it's tasting like a $2 bundle cigar at this point. Aroma from the foot is nice. Good burn so far.

About 2" in...dominant flavors are still the same. Stereotypical cigar flavor. Not bad, not great. Burn is still good.

Around halfway...OK, tonight is my last night at home before I go on the road for work until mid December. So I'll be damned if I'm gonna waste my last really good cigar night on a mediocre stick like this. Snuffed it out around halfway and grabbed a CC (Punch Royal Coronation).

Final thoughts...I'm surprised that suckers (like me) are still shelling out $9/stick for these $2 bundle cigars. GTFOH, Camacho.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:49 PM 10-01-2022
Good to know. It’s been a long time since I’ve bought a Camacho. They’ve never been the same after they sold out.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:47 PM 10-01-2022
Good review. I also gave up on Camacho years ago.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:08 PM 10-02-2022
Not so Macho Comacho. :-)
[Reply]
shark 03:39 PM 10-02-2022
They really went downhill since the old days for sure. I miss the Camacho Diplomas
[Reply]
Up