Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>SAMs Club humidor
Crownedone 09:59 PM 03-21-2012
Just an update on the Sams club humi-combo, Price in my area just went down to $155.00
[Reply]
Coop 03:55 PM 03-22-2012
I hate walmart, so therefore I also hate Sam's club....
[Reply]
OLS 04:25 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by MrCigar:
Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
It was easy to make this assumption. A lot of what you said THEN and a lot of what you said after in your
"outrage" post sounded like a shill.

Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.
How do you know they weren't selling well?? Do you work there? Know someone who was in charge
of putting new ones on the shelf as they sold? Do you think that there are a ton of cigar people in this
new anti-smoking world? Sam's gets way fewer cigar smokers in it than cigar stores, and they don't
sell well at cigar stores. It's not a 'well-build" piece, it's kind of a cheap thing that is made to look good
by how complicated it is. I used to have the larger relative of it, and it was a POS that wouldn't hold a
steady humidity. Sorry that my opinions varied from yours and that you did not stick around long.

But in the end, it's important to know that if you like the way it looks in your den, and you realize that
I am a pric& that no one likes, then maybe it will all be OK in the end and you can enjoy your humidor
despite how people reacted to your first post..
[Reply]
MrCigar 11:19 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
It was easy to make this assumption. A lot of what you said THEN and a lot of what you said after in your
"outrage" post sounded like a shill.

How do you know they weren't selling well?? Do you work there? Know someone who was in charge
of putting new ones on the shelf as they sold? Do you think that there are a ton of cigar people in this
new anti-smoking world? Sam's gets way fewer cigar smokers in it than cigar stores, and they don't
sell well at cigar stores. It's not a 'well-build" piece, it's kind of a cheap thing that is made to look good
by how complicated it is. I used to have the larger relative of it, and it was a POS that wouldn't hold a
steady humidity. Sorry that my opinions varied from yours and that you did not stick around long.

But in the end, it's important to know that if you like the way it looks in your den, and you realize that
I am a pric& that no one likes, then maybe it will all be OK in the end and you can enjoy your humidor
despite how people reacted to your first post..
Ummm...ok...
All remaining inventory of this Humidor/Wine Cabinet have been moved to the clearance section in all Sam's Club Stores. This unit is a great deal at whatever the clearance price is, $199 still at my store. Again, the humidor section of this unit is great & has held at 70% for about 2 weeks now without refreshing the humidifiers. This is a great unit that is well constructed & very solid.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:24 PM 03-22-2012
Ummm...ok...
All remaining inventory of this Humidor/Wine Cabinet have been moved to the clearance section in all Sam's Club Stores. This unit is a great deal at whatever the clearance price is, $199 still at my store. Again, the humidor section of this unit is great & has held at 70% for about 2 weeks now without refreshing the humidifiers. This is a great unit that is well constructed & very solid.
:-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:31 PM 03-22-2012
Ummm...ok...
Who didn't see this coming...

The first posts he made had the implication he didn't work for Sams club, but here he is, now admitting he does. LOL

Sam's club seriously lost some respect from me just from this thread alone, making up some story about him and his "great wife". Seriously dude?

Next we find out his wife is wonderwoman and he has 2 ducks and a squirrel for kids.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:37 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Who didn't see this coming...

The first posts he made had the implication he didn't work for Sams club, but here he is, now admitting he does. LOL

Sam's club seriously lost some respect from me just from this thread alone, making up some story about him and his "great wife". Seriously dude?

Next we find out his wife is wonderwoman and he has 2 ducks and a squirrel for kids.
Maybe by "his store", he meant the Sam's Club store closest to him? :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:39 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'd be surprised for him to know that all "remaining inventory" has been moved to clearance in "all Sam's Club Stores"...

Sounds just like something that is common knowledge to me... :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:40 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
I'd be surprised for him to know that all "remaining inventory" has been moved to clearance in "all Sam's Club Stores"...

Sounds just like something that is common knowledge to me... :-)
Apparently you missed your calling as a detective.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:40 PM 03-22-2012
I agree Tom. BUT, him "knowing" that it's on clearance at ALL Sam's Club stores is kinda hinky
[Reply]
icehog3 11:42 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
I agree Tom. BUT, him "knowing" that it's on clearance at ALL Sam's Club stores is kinda hinky
We have threads on here about a certain wine cooler being on clearance at all Meijer's stores. I've seem them about wine coolers at all Targets (or maybe it's WalMarts) too. Not that difficult to find out with the internet, Justin.
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:43 PM 03-22-2012
Apparently you missed your calling as a detective.
:-) :-)

I am just reading into things. It's a curse. lol
[Reply]
Stinky 12:09 AM 03-23-2012
Here's mine. Sets in the dining area.
I added the legs. RyJ promo item.
Humidor on top. Wine cabinet below.
Attached: R&J Humidor & Wine Cabinet 01 w.jpg (17.0 KB) 
[Reply]
T.G 12:27 AM 03-23-2012
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:35 AM 03-23-2012
My Sam's club just marked them down to $100. If i was you guys i would wait it out till this price reaches you.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:36 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by Coop:
I hate walmart, so therefore I also hate Sam's club....
Amen.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:40 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
My Sam's club just marked them down to $100. If i was you guys i would wait it out till this price reaches you.
Oh, so you work for them too, G! This is a conspiracy, I tell you!!

[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:43 AM 03-23-2012
Oh, so you work for them too, G! This is a conspiracy, I tell you!!

I am in no way affiliated with them. How did you come to that conclusion? :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:46 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
I am in no way affiliated with them. How did you come to that conclusion? :-)
Follow along, my West Coast Brother....read the last page of posts, and you will see this is a conspiracy!!

[Reply]
Zeuceone 12:51 AM 03-23-2012
Follow along, my West Coast Brother....read the last page of posts, and you will see this is a conspiracy!!

[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up