Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Done with Xikar lighter
Big Maduro 08:16 PM 09-25-2012
I have an EX Natural flame lighter, that I loved when I first got it. Then it got to the point where it would only produce a very small flame. I sent it back to Xikar ( they do have great service) They sent me a new one. It is doing the samething right out of the box. I fill to instructions, purge,turn down flame adjuster,sit, refill till 5 count,let sit, turn up flame adjuster and ......tiny little flame. Frustrating.
[Reply]
Justinphilly 08:17 PM 09-25-2012
I used to spend the money on Colibri, Xikar, Viper.. But then I either lost or broke everyone of them. Now, its the cheapies..
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:21 PM 09-25-2012
Mike...are you using Xikar butane? My wife had the same problem with a Xikar...sent it back, replaced with a new one and started using their butane and it hasn't skipped a beat. :-) I prefer to use Vector...but it doesn't seem to work in hers. :-)
[Reply]
Big Maduro 08:28 PM 09-25-2012
Yeah, I have 4 cans of Xikar fuel. I wish I'd tried a different model lighter of theirs.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:29 PM 09-25-2012
Originally Posted by Big Maduro:
Yeah, I have 4 cans of Xikar fuel. I wish I'd tried a different model lighter of theirs.
The Xikar Tech is very reasonably priced ($24.99) and has a large fuel tank... been using mine for about 8 months now. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 08:33 PM 09-25-2012
I run regular ronson in my xikar inpress... no problems here...
[Reply]
Big Maduro 08:34 PM 09-25-2012
Yeah, I got a good deal from Amazon. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 09:05 PM 09-25-2012
Sorry to hear about this problem. I have 3 Xikars and have had no issues at all.
[Reply]
Big Maduro 09:09 PM 09-25-2012
I know they have quality products. I think there may have been a manufacturing flaw within a run of this model. Then again maybe I suck. :-)
[Reply]
Justinphilly 01:22 AM 09-26-2012
You know you're not supposed to chew on them, right?
[Reply]
stogies4lyfe 07:54 AM 09-26-2012
If you aren't happy with a model of lighter, XIKAR will switch it out for you if it's in the same price range. If I was you, I'd pick out a new model at www.xikar.com then send your lighter into them with your request of a new model. Also, if you've done multiple returns with them, they sometimes send you a prepaid mailing label to send it in at no cost. Just email info@xikar.com and tell them your situation.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:55 AM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
The Xikar Tech is very reasonably priced ($24.99) and has a large fuel tank... been using mine for about 8 months now. :-) :-)
They have a dual and triple flame coming out this year too.....I like the look of the Tech, right now I really love my Escalade.

Sorry you are having issues, I say maybe try a different model like Mac suggested.
[Reply]
Zane 08:12 AM 09-26-2012
I have the same exact lighter that is doing the same exact thing. I stopped using it and use my Xikar impress instead.
[Reply]
kickerb 08:24 AM 09-26-2012
I find the King fuel works wonders in my Xikar lighters. I have noticed that Xikar fuel gauges on the bottom can constrict the flame level. No matter how high you turn them up, still a small flame.

If the fuel guage has a screw on it, unscrew it. The little disc should come off. Then you can see the metal fuel guage. Try adjusting that. It may help. I had this problem with my Xikar Tech lighter.

The stylish knob that use on the fuel gauge can inhibit the fuel to be turned up all the way.
[Reply]
kickerb 08:26 AM 09-26-2012
I'm referring to the adjustment wheel.

The wheel on the bottom can be removed. Take it off and try to adjust the fuel nob that way.

I know it sounds odd, but it is worth a try.
[Reply]
Zane 08:31 AM 09-26-2012
I will give it a shot.
[Reply]
Catfish 08:47 AM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by Justinphilly:
I used to spend the money on Colibri, Xikar, Viper.. But then I either lost or broke everyone of them. Now, its the cheapies..
:-) Ronson Jetlite FTW.
[Reply]
Zane 08:55 AM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by Catfish:
:-) Ronson Jetlite FTW.

I have like 4 Ronson Jetlites laying around as well. I just wanted the natural flame but its not working out!
[Reply]
Big Maduro 09:45 AM 09-26-2012
Kickerb, I just tried your suggestion. I took the regulating knob off,adjusted the adjuster inside,then put the knob back on. It worked. :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 09:58 AM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by Big Maduro:
Kickerb, I just tried your suggestion. I took the regulating knob off,adjusted the adjuster inside,then put the knob back on. It worked. :-)
:-) glad it worked!!!!! Enjoy your lighter the way it was supposed to be enjoyed! :-)
[Reply]
Up