Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Please help me identify this S T DuPont lighter
tiberiu 08:14 AM 09-10-2012
Hello,

I have this Dupont lighter and I need help to identify it if its fake or real. I searched on Google but no results. Also I dont have a Dupont vendor in my country to ask him for advice.
Attached: 104.jpg (45.8 KB) 2.JPG (72.8 KB) 3.JPG (91.8 KB) 
[Reply]
tiberiu 09:28 AM 09-10-2012
come on people, no help at all?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:32 AM 09-10-2012
From what I have read, you can't look at some pics and determine if a Dupont is real. They make some very nice replicas. If you intend to become a part of this community you may want to make an introduction post and sign up for the NST, a link is in my sig.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 09:32 AM 09-10-2012
Dude, you are going to have to give people more time to respond than that. Keep your cool and give it a day or two. We have a lot of very knowledgeable botl's here who I am sure would be happy to help you out, they just don't spend every waking second on the site.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:38 AM 09-10-2012
Where did you acquire the lighter and if you purchased it, how much did it cost?
[Reply]
pektel 09:57 AM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Dude, you are going to have to give people more time to respond than that. Keep your cool and give it a day or two. We have a lot of very knowledgeable botl's here who I am sure would be happy to help you out, they just don't spend every waking second on the site.
Posted via Mobile Device
+1. Patience is a virtue.

Have you tried contacting DuPont direct with the photos/info yet?

Welcome to CA.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:07 AM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by tiberiu:
come on people, no help at all?
Right. Because an hour wait is totally unacceptable. You deserve an answer and you deserve it NOW! :-)
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Posted via Mobile Device
Sound advice here.
[Reply]
hostile 02:27 PM 09-10-2012
Bought 1 of these it looked almost identical.http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stylish...-lighter-21747
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:33 PM 09-10-2012
Is there a colored ring inside where you'd fill the lighter? First thought it is fake, but I have been wrong plenty of times.

Dupont should be helpful you if email them direct with your inquiry.
[Reply]
ninjavanish 02:52 PM 09-10-2012
Looks to be a real Dupont by my eye. It seems to be an older, more beat up version of their iconic Black Chinese Laquer. In fact, I believe that "Laque de Chine" might be the dead giveaway here... but then again I'm not French.

See attachments for comparison. Also, note that the S.T. Dupont Logo on the side of the lid and the word "Paris" on the body of the lighter are not on all models and is a more recent addition to the Ligne 2 lighter.
Attached: Chinese Laquer.jpg (18.6 KB) Chinese Laquer 2.jpg (48.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:53 PM 09-10-2012
You may find some valuable info here:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=55629
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:54 PM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by ninjavanish:
Looks to be a real Dupont by my eye. It seems to be an older, more beat up version of their iconic Black Chinese Laquer. In fact, I believe that "Laque de Chine" might be the dead giveaway here... but then again I'm not French.

See attachments for comparison. Also, note that the S.T. Dupont Logo on the side of the lid and the word "Paris" on the body of the lighter are not on all models and is a more recent addition to the Ligne 2 lighter.
The OP does not have any engraving on the side though, that is a big difference.
[Reply]
pektel 02:55 PM 09-10-2012
Just did a quick google search, and a similar post on another forum from a while ago says these guys should be able to help you:

http://www.h-s.co.uk/lighters/s_t_dupont_lighters
[Reply]
ninjavanish 03:01 PM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
The OP does not have any engraving on the side though, that is a big difference.
Except for the part where it isn't on all models and is a recent addition to the lighter? :P
[Reply]
tiberiu 01:40 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Where did you acquire the lighter and if you purchased it, how much did it cost?
i have this lighter in my family for many years, wasn't bought recent
[Reply]
tiberiu 01:45 AM 09-12-2012
someone told me this could be "ligne 2 ocean blue"
[Reply]
Up