Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>New addition to the family
jluck 02:35 PM 08-06-2012
I could not resist the deal (Damn Craigslist).

I was running out of room with one desk top and one half ass wineador then along comes this deal. I was wanting a different space for forbidden fruit storage so this is it for now. Has anyone ever seen this brand/model before? I did some Goggling and found very little. It's 48" tall 21" wide and 17" deep, very solid construction and came with a "Keep It Fresh" commercial humidifier.The door has a shield and mountain lions (cougar/puma) on it and says "Cigets Companion single sweets".
Info on tag states;
Property of Fuego Cubano Corp
Serial# XXXX
PH#

Any Idea of value?

[Reply]
Ogre 02:58 PM 08-06-2012
Sweet grab!!! Congrats brother.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 04:12 PM 08-06-2012
Awesome
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:34 PM 08-06-2012
Very Cool!
[Reply]
jluck 04:41 PM 08-06-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Very Cool!
It almost went to Broadway Cigar. The guy sold it to me instead.:-)

If the electric humidifier don't impress I will be hitting you up for beads when money allows.:-)
[Reply]
dyieldin 07:33 PM 08-06-2012
Wow! That is nice. Would be nice to have some history on that. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Big Bert 09:30 PM 08-06-2012
Looks like a really good buy, Congrats!!!
[Reply]
Ciro 11:29 AM 08-07-2012
Nice score; now I need to hit craigslist.
[Reply]
Mikepd 12:20 PM 08-07-2012
Do you have the top active half of the humidifier?

[Edit] Never mind I see it now in the top photos. Check it closely for mold present, and clean it well before use. That device has a good history of working well but shops lack cleaning upkeep and mold grows on the underside, nothing major just something to remember to do. [/Edit]
[Reply]
LT_Blueshine 11:27 PM 08-08-2012
I have never thought to look on Craigslist! *face palm* Good find!
[Reply]
jluck 12:11 AM 08-09-2012
Originally Posted by Mikepd:
Do you have the top active half of the humidifier?

[Edit] Never mind I see it now in the top photos. Check it closely for mold present, and clean it well before use. That device has a good history of working well but shops lack cleaning upkeep and mold grows on the underside, nothing major just something to remember to do. [/Edit]
I checked it out and all was clean, Thanks.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:14 AM 08-09-2012
Very nice!!!!
[Reply]
Silound 07:42 AM 08-09-2012
From what I can find on Google, Fuego Cubano Corp was a tobacconist company in CA that closed up. They also did some rolling of custom cigars, perhaps a house blend or something. I would guess they custom ordered this humidor (and more like it) for a lounge or retail shop. Brand identity you know?

I've seen major manufacturers (Altadis and General come to mind) place display humidors in shops to showcase a particular line of cigars. Typically they come with a package deal where you buy so many boxes of the showcase line and you get the display unit free with it.

Typically they claim to want the unit back when you stop carrying the lines, but in my experience they could care less. It costs Altadis less to buy a new humidor than it could cost in shipping to move the one we had to another shop.
[Reply]
jluck 10:01 AM 08-09-2012
Originally Posted by Silound:
From what I can find on Google, Fuego Cubano Corp was a tobacconist company in CA that closed up. They also did some rolling of custom cigars, perhaps a house blend or something. I would guess they custom ordered this humidor (and more like it) for a lounge or retail shop. Brand identity you know?

I've seen major manufacturers (Altadis and General come to mind) place display humidors in shops to showcase a particular line of cigars. Typically they come with a package deal where you buy so many boxes of the showcase line and you get the display unit free with it.

Typically they claim to want the unit back when you stop carrying the lines, but in my experience they could care less. It costs Altadis less to buy a new humidor than it could cost in shipping to move the one we had to another shop.
Thanks for the info. I also found "cigets Companion" on line that were some Fuego Cubano cigarette/cigar hybrid this case was made for, Apparently they didn't last.

Any opinions of value?
[Reply]
ksknnr 12:40 PM 08-22-2012
first thing I do every AM when I get to work is look on craigslist for humidors, I have yet to find anything that nice. Too bad I live on the east coast or I would have grabbed that one,
[Reply]
Remo 12:41 PM 08-22-2012
Missed this one, great grab bro!! :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 12:52 PM 08-22-2012
Awesome score... :-)

Didnt catch it the 1str time... :-)
[Reply]
Hem 01:26 PM 08-22-2012
Wow she's beautiful! Nice grab, looks like some nice custom work there too! I'd have paid a couple hundred easy for her for sure!..I'm also a cheapskate! lol
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:30 PM 08-22-2012
Good grab. I see commerical humidors on CL pretty frequently and often well priced. Yours is nicer looking than many, and the sizes vary. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Up