Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Dupont Tatuaje The Face Light/Cutter set
zacktisch 09:47 PM 07-22-2012
Hi all,

New to CA, but thought I'd post a little bit about the ST Dupont Tatuaje 'The Face' cutter and lighter set I just got. I've been in the market for a new lighter and cutter since my cheapo $6 tobacco outlet triple flame torch finally died, when I was using it to caramelize some sugar on a creme brulee, and got some in the jets. still got 2 years out of that thing though, but i figured i needed a lighter that was going to last.

The Tatuaje Face, being a Dupont Maxijet/Xtend, gets excellent reviews, and I have to say I wasn't disapointed. The action is very smooth, lights every time, and has a very focused jet. The first few sticks I toasted, I was able to put the heat exactly where I wanted it, and keep the burn line very even. When I had to touch up, the Dupont had almost surgical precision, even outside in the breeze. the lighter also feels extremely solid and well made, and the finish seems tough & scratch resistant.

in terms of cutters, i had heard excellent things about palios, but for some reason i really don't like the look of them. i know that shouldnt matter, especially for something as utilitarian as a cutter, but every cigar i smoke is a few minutes of peace, and i want to kick it off with something special. this cutter is truly that. It feels heavy in your hand, well made and sturdy, and the action is very smooth. I was previously a V-cut and punch fan, but now am realizing that is only because I never had a great guillotine cutter. Now that I do, i don't think i'll V or punch ever again. The cut is razor sharp and precise. I kept looking at the 601 Green Label Oscuro I smoked tonight admiring how perfect the cut was. It almost looked manufactured. Again, two thumbs up.

These accessories are pricy, but they feel like they'll be with me for a long time, and feel special every time i use them

:-) happy herfing from austin, tx :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 09:54 PM 07-22-2012
Welcome to Cigar Asylum, Zack.
Nice testimonial.

Why not head over to the New Inmate forum and introduce yourself. We're a friendly bunch here.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 10:31 PM 07-22-2012
Sounds like a very high quality Lighter and Cutter! Welcome to CA!
[Reply]
Dunkel 02:34 AM 07-23-2012
Did that set cost you a kidney? LOL
[Reply]
PCR 05:21 AM 07-23-2012
Hi Zack!
[Reply]
zacktisch 06:21 AM 07-23-2012
paid $250 for the full set, new in box, seemed like a pretty good deal considering the regular maxijet lighter normally goes for $125 and the cutter for $150, and these are limited. i guess chainsaws and blood aren't for everyone :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:21 AM 07-23-2012
I like the set, but I always drop my stuff on the porch and I am sure I would have my stuff nicked up in no time.
[Reply]
Big Bert 08:25 AM 07-23-2012
Those look great!!! but they are pricey. I myself don't mind the showy stuff but I believe that the main attraction is always the cigar itself, so as long as. I have a good cutter and lighter to get me going I'm set and also I'm cheap :-) Haha

Welcome to the asylum man!!!! Hope you enjoy many sticks with those instruments brother
[Reply]
Up