Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Discussion>Dunkin doughnuts
mosesbotbol 09:41 AM 03-23-2009
DD's new waffle sandwich looks like a winner!
[Reply]
TheLostGringo 09:47 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
DD's new waffle sandwich looks like a winner!
I tried it and it was the worst thing I have ever eaten.:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:48 AM 03-23-2009
D&D is a cult. I can't say any more about it.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 09:58 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
...Just because I'm not going to take you up on your Dutch Masters offer doesn't mean you'll see me at the local cigar bar smoking an Opus X, wearing a turtle neck, and tapping away on my lap top while pretending to know about things like philosphy and fine art. :-)
I can't GIVE that damn Dutch Masters cigar away. It has been a while since I saw it but it's a sure bet it's under the passenger seat of the truck or, possibly, in the glove compartment under the in receipts for last years oil change.

When the DD store was the last place to get coffee on the way to the boat, I used to get that mega-cup (plus cream/sugar) almost every weekend. It was kind of milk-shakey, actually.
[Reply]
dunng 09:58 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:
I tried it and it was the worst thing I have ever eaten.:-)
Looks good but is NOT! :-)

I would much rather a McGriddle! :-)
[Reply]
germantown rob 10:18 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
I can't GIVE that damn Dutch Masters cigar away. It has been a while since I saw it but it's a sure bet it's under the passenger seat of the truck or, possibly, in the glove compartment under the in receipts for last years oil change.
and it has some age on it, I am surprised there are no takers :-).
[Reply]
stearns 06:55 PM 03-23-2009
i would like to thank this thread, i was due for a new avatar :-) :-)

stearns
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:36 PM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by stearns:
i would like to thank this thread, i was due for a new avatar :-) :-)

stearns
Rolf! I think I get it now.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 05:48 AM 03-24-2009
I have noticed that DD coffee has been trying to take over the coffee isles around here at Target and Rite-Aid. I admit; I have thought about buying a bag to try, but I back away after remembering I have green beans to roast at home. That is a good feeling.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 07:47 AM 03-24-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
... I back away after remembering I have green beans to roast at home. That is a good feeling.
Yes, that too. I recall the DD coffee of olde, heavy on robusta and slightly acrid without tons of cream and sugar. A 2-lb. apple fritter or a pair of cruellers on the side smoothed it out, too.

I know their coffee is improved from ancient times - had a cup at one of the stores last winter. It was OK/drinkable 4 sure. At the moment I'm deep into Ethiopian Aricha lot 27 and it is hard to explore anything else.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 06:55 PM 05-15-2009
Ya know...I love roasting. But, in a pinch my choice is DD.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:15 AM 05-16-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
I have noticed that DD coffee has been trying to take over the coffee isles around here at Target and Rite-Aid. I admit; I have thought about buying a bag to try, but I back away after remembering I have green beans to roast at home. That is a good feeling.
Speaking of taking over, all of the local Wilco (gas stations) in my area only serve DD coffee.
[Reply]
Cigary 06:20 AM 05-16-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:

When the DD store was the last place to get coffee on the way to the boat, I used to get that mega-cup (plus cream/sugar) almost every weekend. It was kind of milk-shakey, actually.
Hey Moo,,,what kind is it,,,if it's the one in the glass tube ( those are pretty good ) I'll take it. If it is any other kind,,,donate it to the troops.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:52 AM 05-16-2009
My biggest gripe about Dunkin's coffee is the consistency. It has potential to be quite good IMO if they had more strict rules on how they make it. I don't know if its the measurements they use, the time it takes to brew, or how long they let it sit before brewing a fresh pot, but its never the same.

I've had some really great coffee from Dunkin Donuts and some really horrible coffee from them too. Same location, different locations, you never know what you’re going to get. :-)

If Dunkin could match the consistency of Starbuck's, I think their coffee would be terrific.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:22 PM 05-16-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
My biggest gripe about Dunkin's coffee is the consistency. It has potential to be quite good IMO if they had more strict rules on how they make it. I don't know if its the measurements they use, the time it takes to brew, or how long they let it sit before brewing a fresh pot, but its never the same.

I've had some really great coffee from Dunkin Donuts and some really horrible coffee from them too. Same location, different locations, you never know what you’re going to get. :-)

If Dunkin could match the consistency of Starbuck's, I think their coffee would be terrific.
So true........
[Reply]
GreekGodX 01:03 PM 05-16-2009
You should try McDonald's coffee. I hate DD's coffee and McD's is much better. But if I'm going to choose a place for doughnuts and coffee it has to be Tim Hourton's. 'Nuff said
[Reply]
raisin 10:37 PM 05-24-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
D&D is a cult. I can't say any more about it.
Just because their coffee tastes like cyanide?
[Reply]
kaelaria 11:16 PM 05-24-2009
Well, I worked at DD as the overnight guy for 6 mos when I was a kid - and I LOVE the coffee one way - a large triple/triple!
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 07:56 AM 05-25-2009
Not a DD fan, I stop at Honey Dew:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:59 AM 05-25-2009
Tim Horton...oh yeah!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up