Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Atlantic Cigar security breach
Tio Gato 05:09 PM 03-20-2017
Today I received a letter from Atlantic Cigar. Customer identification and credit card info has been stolen or breached.:-)
Just a heads up for those who purchase from them.
[Reply]
Weelok 05:23 PM 03-20-2017
I didn't get a warning email from them. It would not surprise me of a data breach but to be safe I would treat the email you got as a Phishing attempt and not respond to it he email. Changing passwords and other options are smart but I am pretty certain the credit information is encrypted on Atlantic but I could be wrong. Better safe then sorry.
[Reply]
Brlesq 05:27 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Weelok:
I didn't get a warning email from them. It would not surprise me of a data breach but to be safe I would treat the email you got as a Phishing attempt and not respond to it he email. Changing passwords and other options are smart but I am pretty certain the credit information is encrypted on Atlantic but I could be wrong. Better safe then sorry.
It was not an email; it was a good old fashioned letter. I got one too. Data breach for sure. I never keep my credit card on file, and I never use a real birthdate ('cuz I will always be 39!:-)), so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the most they get from my file is name and address (which is what you can get out of the phone book anyway).
[Reply]
Weelok 05:28 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
Today I received a letter from Atlantic Cigar. Customer identification and credit card info has been stolen or breached.:-)
Just a heads up for those who purchase from them.
Oh, wait, letter!!!! Wow, that is official. I assumed email and no emailed warnings but I will check the mail. Sounds like a new CC number will be necessary.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 05:29 PM 03-20-2017
Thanks Dave. This was an actual letter. They're providing a year of credit monitoring, etc.
Just to be safe I'm gonna call my credit card provider and ask their advice.
[Reply]
Weelok 05:37 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
Thanks Dave. This was an actual letter. They're providing a year of credit monitoring, etc.
Just to be safe I'm gonna call my credit card provider and ask their advice.
I can't see how to change my password on Atlantics website. Bleh. Ok, credit watch going up and a new CC probably. Bleh but I have credit monitoring already as I lack faith in non-cigar smokers hahahaha. I will let the CC company know as well.

Thanks for the warning!!!!!!
[Reply]
Brlesq 07:13 PM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by Weelok:
I can't see how to change my password on Atlantics website.
Go to Manage my Account
[Reply]
sigsauer 08:41 PM 03-20-2017
yup I got one too
[Reply]
T.G 09:43 PM 03-20-2017
I got a rock.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:40 PM 03-20-2017
I knew I never ordered from Atlantic for a reason! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 03:31 AM 03-21-2017
It was their credit card processing service, Aptos, that was hacked - not their website. It never hurts to change passwords, but that's not where the problem occurred.

https://www.databreaches.net/aptos-m...retail-stores/
[Reply]
tsolomon 06:40 AM 03-21-2017
I got the letter yesterday, but haven't purchased anything from them in several years.
[Reply]
Up