Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 21
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What is your favorite Scotch Whisky
JohnnyFlake 09:31 AM 08-23-2010
Just finished the last of the "Teachers Blended Scotch" that I had. It's one that I truly love and it's ashamed that it's gone. I don't think it's available in the USA any longer. There is a "Teacher's Cream" which is available and is pretty nice as well, but it's not the same as plain old "Teachers".
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 09:21 AM 11-01-2010
I haven't tried many scotches yet, but out of those I have, the vote goes to Ardbeg 10 yr. old.
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:08 AM 11-01-2010
Oban!
[Reply]
eldondo 01:50 PM 11-02-2010
I´m just havin the new Octomore 3/152 in my glass... it´s like droppin the PEAT-bomb....

This Whisky ****in rocks da house.... Lemon, Vanilla and TONS OF PEAT...
[Reply]
docdoty 01:58 PM 11-02-2010
Oban 18
jonny blue
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 05:57 PM 11-03-2010
I picked up Ardbeg 10yr on Sunday for safekeeping, Arran 10yr to drink for the meanwhile, and tomorrow I am going to pick up some Glenfarclas 17yr old.

A high five goes to the next person to suggest me a good speyside scotch. I was going to go with the A'banadh, but my freaking liquor store seems to have ordered the worse batch, #30. Anyhow, anyone recommend a good speyside scotch, single malt. I am ready to go up to 100 on this one as well.

Oh, and ordered me a 4er of Glencairn glasses :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 07:37 PM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180:
I picked up Ardbeg 10yr on Sunday for safekeeping, Arran 10yr to drink for the meanwhile, and tomorrow I am going to pick up some Glenfarclas 17yr old.

A high five goes to the next person to suggest me a good speyside scotch. I was going to go with the A'banadh, but my freaking liquor store seems to have ordered the worse batch, #30. Anyhow, anyone recommend a good speyside scotch, single malt. I am ready to go up to 100 on this one as well.

Oh, and ordered me a 4er of Glencairn glasses :-)
You may want to try Balvenie Port Wood 21 year Old, Glenfarclas 105 or the Glenfarclas 17 year old!

All three are exceptional!
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 07:49 PM 11-03-2010
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
You may want to try Balvenie Port Wood 21 year Old, Glenfarclas 105 or the Glenfarclas 17 year old!

All three are exceptional!
I am picking up a Glenfarclas 17 yr old tomorrow as stated above. So its good you mentioned it. Looks like it is probably good.

The Balvinie 21 port wood costs 195$ here. Shame. Our amazing government is worth :-)s. SAQ.com

You can select english and see all the single malts. I am looking for a nice overall scotches to add to my list.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 08:05 PM 11-03-2010
I am picking up a Glenfarclas 17 yr old tomorrow as stated above. So its good you mentioned it. Looks like it is probably good.

The Balvinie 21 port wood costs 195$ here. Shame. Our amazing government is worth :-)s. SAQ.com

You can select english and see all the single malts. I am looking for a nice overall scotches to add to my list.
The Balvenie 12 year Old Double Wood is also exceptional, just slightly under the Port Wood. A vary worthy Speyside, at a much more reasonable price.

I'd be very surprised if you did not really enjoy the Glenfarclas 17yo.
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 08:55 PM 11-03-2010
The Balvenie 12 year Old Double Wood is also exceptional, just slightly under the Port Wood. A vary worthy Speyside, at a much more reasonable price.

I'd be very surprised if you did not really enjoy the Glenfarclas 17yo.
I have a feeling this will be a good choice. I have 3 ounces left of Ballantines 12 yr old single malt that was sent to me from Italy as a gift. I decided to finish it tonight. It was quite good.

I really hate it that we can't access Laphroaig here in Montreal. A shame really. I tried Lagavulin the other week and it was nice and smooth, peaty and smokey. If only the A'bunadh was not batch #30:-)
[Reply]
eldondo 12:38 AM 11-04-2010
...Glenfarclas 105 or the Glenfarclas 17 year old!
In comparison to the 17 yo the 105 is like solvent....

I don't one what's available over there but a really nice Speysider is Mortlach... underrated distillery imho.

One of the best from the Speyside I ever had was an old Glen Grant... 30+ yo.

If you wanna spend some more bucks, luck out for this... from Independent bottlers... you won't regret it.... this Whisky is mind blowing.

You can check out the spirit archive on my blog for some reviews: http://eldondoswitzerland.blogspot.c...s-reviews.html
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 08:50 PM 11-04-2010
Just picked me up a 17 yr old Glenfarclas. Does any one know if this is non-chillfiltered. Not a big deal, but I do not see it written anywhere on the bottle.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 09:01 PM 11-04-2010
Originally Posted by eldondo:
One of the best from the Speyside I ever had was an old Glen Grant... 30+ yo.
:-)

I'm hard to satisfy with a Spey, but whew... that'll do me up good. :-)
Exceedingly HTF, though, if you don't live in the UK or Japan.
[Reply]
Centurion 09:26 PM 11-04-2010
Dalwhinnie
[Reply]
eldondo 11:22 PM 11-04-2010
Just picked me up a 17 yr old Glenfarclas. Does any one know if this is non-chillfiltered. Not a big deal, but I do not see it written anywhere on the bottle.
Generally speakin: a Whisky which is bottled with an alcohol strength of less than 46 % is always chill-filtered. Exceptions are if they are not reduced with water to that strength, then they can be un-chillfiltered.

In the standard range Bruichladdich is one of those, having at 46 % and un-chillfiltered....
[Reply]
justonemorestick 12:07 AM 11-05-2010
Singleton of Glendullan 12 Year. And at $33 an affordable indulgence.
[Reply]
eldondo 12:25 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Doctorossi:
I'm hard to satisfy with a Spey, but whew...
The choice of Whisky that you take depends on many factors.... what you gonna smoke while drinkin it, what's the correspodning food etc.

The range of Whiskys that I have starts in the Lowlands and goes over Highlanders and Speysiders to Islay (which are my favorite ones)... but in the end it depends on the mood and the situation. A sweet Sherry bomb is more suitable to a good desert... a salty one may go perfectly with some seafood etc.... you can continue it endless....
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 06:36 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by eldondo:
The choice of Whisky that you take depends on many factors.... what you gonna smoke while drinkin it, what's the correspodning food etc.

The range of Whiskys that I have starts in the Lowlands and goes over Highlanders and Speysiders to Islay (which are my favorite ones)... but in the end it depends on the mood and the situation. A sweet Sherry bomb is more suitable to a good desert... a salty one may go perfectly with some seafood etc.... you can continue it endless....
Absolutely. I think that in general, Islay's are best with cigars. But then again, to each their own right. So it all comes down to 1 word, we all like scotch.
[Reply]
eldondo 08:40 AM 11-05-2010
...I think that in general, Islay's are best with cigars...
Depends on the cigar.... imho....

A strong cigar goes well with an Islay like Lagavulin or Laphraig... a light cigar might be better with some less "extreme" Scotch.... but as you said... it's all personal liking...
[Reply]
hotreds 08:48 AM 11-05-2010
I really enjoyed THE Wild Scotsman, distilled by a local(to me) fella- the only master distiller in the USA!

http://wildscotsman.com/whisky/
[Reply]
Page 10 of 21
« First < 8910 111220 > Last »
Up