Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 52 of 99
« First < 242505152 535462 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
Remo 09:35 AM 02-22-2012
My current diver

Attached:
[Reply]
Boz 09:38 AM 02-22-2012
Anyone have any experience with Suunto watches?
[Reply]
Remo 09:39 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Boz:
Anyone have any experience with Suunto watches?
Lots of guys at work have them, I have never owned one though, sorry.
[Reply]
Boz 09:46 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Lots of guys at work have them, I have never owned one though, sorry.
Do you know if they've had any issues with them? I mean are they reliable?
[Reply]
Remo 09:49 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Boz:
Do you know if they've had any issues with them? I mean are they reliable?
I think so, what about a G-Shock? What functions you looking for?
[Reply]
Boz 09:58 AM 02-22-2012
Not really sure :-) Its been a while since I've worn a watch. I'm not typically nice to my gear and expect it to work anyway. The Suunto I was looking at is the X-lander. I like the features it has. If this is more of show what you got thread then maybe we should move it to banter?
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:07 AM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
I think so, what about a G-Shock? What functions you looking for?
I've never heard of the Suunto before, did a quick google and yeah, it looks a lot like the G-Shocks. Nice looking watches.
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:47 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
If you bought it from a major vendor on that site, I would assume it's real. I would not worry much about it. These sites would not work if fake watches were being peddled. Get the paperwork done so it's official you own it. Buying watches both expensive like yours and even super expensive is an everyday event. I would've expected a croc strap, but I am not that familiar with the brand.

Was it a US based vendor?

When was the warranty card stamped?

When was the manufacture date?
Vendor was in Reus Spain

Warranty is gone. the watch is NOS from 2006. I can still register it as it did come with the "passport" (grahams info book with model info, warranty info, etc).

I talked with Graham USA... i am debatign sendign the watch in for an authenticity check... it will cost about 125.00 to do (40 ship, 50 check authenticity, 40 ship back) I should probably do it.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:19 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Vendor was in Reus Spain

Warranty is gone. the watch is NOS from 2006. I can still register it as it did come with the "passport" (grahams info book with model info, warranty info, etc).

I talked with Graham USA... i am debatign sendign the watch in for an authenticity check... it will cost about 125.00 to do (40 ship, 50 check authenticity, 40 ship back) I should probably do it.
How could the warranty be gone if it's still new? Was it an authorised dealer? Is it an expired warranty that was already stamped? Seeing how the watch has been idle for almost 6 years, you should have it serviced if sending to Graham. Oils muck up after time within the movement.
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:39 PM 02-22-2012
Absolutely gorgeous!

[Reply]
s15driftking 03:07 PM 02-22-2012
How could the warranty be gone if it's still new? Was it an authorised dealer? Is it an expired warranty that was already stamped? Seeing how the watch has been idle for almost 6 years, you should have it serviced if sending to Graham. Oils muck up after time within the movement.
AD that went under... selling off all old stock.

they are trying to start up again per our conversations.

Thats a great idea about the servicing. I will send it to the US service center in NYC.
[Reply]
Noodles 03:26 PM 02-22-2012
Got clearance from my wife...

Graham Chronofighter Oversize Ref. 2OVAS.B01A.K10B

Beautiful watch. It should match well with this ...

:-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 03:38 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by Noodles:
Beautiful watch. It should match well with this ...

:-)
Absolutely my favorite lighter, I use that more than my DuPont!
[Reply]
s15driftking 04:28 PM 02-22-2012
Hehehehe
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:00 PM 02-22-2012
Thats a great idea about the servicing. I will send it to the US service center in NYC.
You'll end up saving money as they'll authenticate it by servicing it. The only downside is their may be a lengthy queue to get it back. One time I had a watch serviced by the USA rep took months, but I hear Rolex can turn a watch around pretty quick. There's not that much labor (in hours) to do the work.
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:36 AM 02-25-2012
Double post
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:37 AM 02-25-2012
You'll end up saving money as they'll authenticate it by servicing it. The only downside is their may be a lengthy queue to get it back. One time I had a watch serviced by the USA rep took months, but I hear Rolex can turn a watch around pretty quick. There's not that much labor (in hours) to do the work.
Well, on Thursday I shipped it out to Graham USA's service center in NYC and they called me yesterday to tell me that it is a real watch. I'm happy.

Oh, and they are water testing and cleaning the inner movement.
[Reply]
Reaver2145 08:58 AM 02-25-2012
Ive wanted to start but i cant bring myself to wear anything els than my scratched banged up Rotary i got about 10 years ago.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:55 AM 02-25-2012
Well, on Thursday I shipped it out to Graham USA's service center in NYC and they called me yesterday to tell me that it is a real watch. I'm happy.

Oh, and they are water testing and cleaning the inner movement.
That must be a sigh of relief! Ask them for a written appraisal as you'll need to schedule your watch for home owner's insurance & they'll need the appraisal.

I remember when I bought an IWC online back in 1997 from Malaysia, it was still pretty new (buying watches online) and it was a bank transfer to them. You could imagine how nervous I was back then!
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:18 PM 02-28-2012
yep, happy as a clam!

They are also writing an appraisal. I have been lazy, i have 2 other watches i need to insure.

In other news... i made my first strap.Buckle is in the mail. 26mm (but i dont own a panerai)

They will get better over time.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 99
« First < 242505152 535462 > Last »
Up