Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigarmedics Humidimeter
bruceolee 08:36 AM 03-01-2022

So, this came in the mail this AM. I tested it on 2 cigars one which i knew would be too dry and one i knew was perfect. The dry cigar read 60% which is about what i expected and the cigar i knew which would be perfect was indeed perfect at 65%. so right now this little device is 2 for 2. I'll let you know if it gives me trouble but so far its a fairly easy device to operate. Turn it on and stick it into the foot of your cigar. an easy two step process. So that's about it. I think honestly they could've made this thing smaller and more compact but beyond that i have no gripes. Anyways, that's it for this little review. God bless you all!
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:37 AM 03-01-2022
I have one of these. They are awesome.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:54 AM 03-01-2022
Do you really test each cigar before you smoke? Do you pass if to dry? Do you notice a huge difference from dry to wet?
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 02:34 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by CigarSquid:
Do you really test each cigar before you smoke? Do you pass if to dry? Do you notice a huge difference from dry to wet?
O ye of little faith. Just last night, i remarked to a friend that my Olivas were smoking much better at 62.3% RH, rather than 63.1. That's measured in the center, 1" in from the foot - the only correct measurement point.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:38 PM 03-01-2022
Wow!!! I Thought I Was OCD!:-):-):-). Great Info I Was Not Aware Of.:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:46 PM 03-01-2022
You Guys Are Bad For My Wallet. Just Bought One.:-):-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 11:58 AM 03-02-2022
The dryer cigar I tested was at 60% and had been in my humidor for some time which stays a constant 68% +/-2% and it smoked okay but you could tell it was just too dry plus burn issues whereas the cigar at 65% smoked and burned perfectly so there is something to this little device. My apologies to you wallets for those who purchased one. It is a nifty little device though! God bless you all!
[Reply]
longknocker 05:15 PM 03-11-2022
Just Got Mine In, Today!:-):-). I Store & Rest The Majority Of My Cigars In Coolidors In Which I Use Boveda Packs To Keep The RH Around 67. Most Of My Cigars (Which I Had For A Good While) Tested In The Low 60's. Some You Could Feel Were A Little Hard & Dry And They Were 58-59! You Would Think If Your Calibrated Hygrometer Right Next To The Cigars Read 67, The Cigars Would Be, Too, But I Guess Not. Good Item To Have! Thanks For The Recommendation & Review, Jason!:-):-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 06:16 PM 03-11-2022
It's definitely a handy little device to have especially if you want to make sure you don't smoke something too soon plus it lets you know if your humidor is working properly. God bless you!
[Reply]
longknocker 04:42 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
It's definitely a handy little device to have especially if you want to make sure you don't smoke something too soon plus it lets you know if your humidor is working properly. God bless you!
True! How Do You Increase The RH On Those Dry Cigars? Maybe Put Them In A Separate Container With Higher RH Boveda Packs???
[Reply]
bruceolee 05:39 PM 03-12-2022
If you're keeping your humidors at a RH of 65% then I'd put them in a separate container sealed at 70% and check every couple of weeks on your progress. I keep a couple tubes of 70% beads just for these occasions. Thankfully i do not have many cigars anymore that aren't spot on. God bless you!
[Reply]
longknocker 05:42 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
If you're keeping your humidors at a RH of 65% then I'd put them in a separate container sealed at 70% and check every couple of weeks on your progress. I keep a couple tubes of 70% beads just for these occasions. Thankfully i do not have many cigars anymore that aren't spot on. God bless you!
Thanks For The Advice, Jason!:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:24 PM 03-14-2022
Jason: This Is Worth The Money, Brother! I Picked Up An AJ Fernandez Stick Out Of My Humi That Felt Perfect To The Touch. It Measured 64% Humidity. Smoked & Burned Perfectly!:-)
[Reply]
Up