Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>RockNRolla
LasciviousXXX 07:08 PM 11-02-2008
"People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drugs, drums, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the f*cking lot"

I'll tell you what a RockNRolla is... a RockNRolla is a return to Guy Ritchie when he's on form. With his last release of the Jason Statham nightmare that was "Revolver" and his equally disgusting "Swept Away" Ritchie returns to his Lock,Stock/Snatch roots with this awesome movie. As kitschy and quirky as Snatch and as wordy as Lock,Stock with a little bit of "Pulp Fiction" hipster cool thrown in. Suffice to say it totally rocked my socks.

I haven't gotten to go to the movies in awhile, been pretty hard-core busy but definitely wanted to see this one on the big screen. RockNRolla is a kind of fun romp through the London criminal underworld (sound familiar?), well it should as Guy Ritchie really does his best work in that environment. While it doesn't break any really new ground it does give fans of his work one more thing to be excited about. Another cast of fun characters with weird names, interconnecting plot-lines, lots of stolen money and some badass gangsters. Regular fare for a Ritchie film.

Basically its not quite on point with Snatch but definitely better than Lock,Stock. Oh and its got a KILLER soundtrack to the film which I downloaded almost immediately after seeing the movie. Great stuff.

Go see it, worth the $9.50 or whatever it is where you are
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 07:20 PM 11-02-2008
Great Review. I was a little on the fence about this one, but this persuaded me to go see it. I am gonna check out the soundtrack now. Thanks
[Reply]
matalo 07:13 AM 11-03-2008
I checked it out over the weekend. It was good and promises more to come.
[Reply]
Redbaron 07:48 AM 11-03-2008
Thanks for the review, I will def be checking this out!
[Reply]
Jay Hemingway 08:56 AM 11-03-2008
super fan of guy ritchie flicks!
gonna go and check this with the woman on sunday.
[Reply]
Up