Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>New Guns and Roses Single
Clampdown 06:44 PM 10-22-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMHuHe7Zck

I hope this is a joke....:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:51 PM 10-22-2008
I'm sure if you look at the entire album and don't think of it as guns n posers it will be good.
[Reply]
Goz 06:59 PM 10-22-2008
Wow thats bad. There has to be a better version on the disc.
Shackler's Revenge sounds alright

and http://web.gunsnroses.com/splash.jsp sound good as well

I think the cd will be good but not 10 years in waiting good.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 06:59 PM 10-22-2008
no Slash = No Guns And Roses
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:04 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
is velvet revolver guns n roses?
[Reply]
Starchild 08:39 PM 10-22-2008
I heard the title track on the radio today and thought it was terrible :-)
[Reply]
Comicbookfreak 09:11 PM 10-22-2008
I like it. Actually a pretty rocking song. Although not Guns 'N Roses without Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steve, I think it pretty good. I think people are just prejudging it because it's Axl and not the whole original band. And they are still sore at Axl for the break-up of the original band. Just remember it takes more than one person to argue so don't blame the whole break-up on just Axl.

I met these guys in '88 and even got to party on their bus so I may be a little biased. I do wish the original members would bury the hatchet and get back atleast for one tour and album.
[Reply]
Comicbookfreak 09:13 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
While a good band and I really enjoy there music, they are definately not Guns 'N Roses without Axl.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:55 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Nope, but they sure sounded a lot better than any of the new G'n'R tracks I have heard. :-)
[Reply]
Jason 11:02 PM 10-22-2008
IRS is the only decent song I've heard from this album/demo. has the album been released? I tried not to judge too harshly by the demos but it's most definitely CRAP. Whoops, gone and judged harshly! :-)
[Reply]
Goz 11:04 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by av8tor152d:
The new G n' R is not the old G n' R and I love Slash. But Axl made G n' R into what they were not Slash.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:27 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Goz:
The new G n' R is not the old G n' R and I love Slash. But Axl made G n' R into what they were not Slash.
I will agree to disagree.....we see what Axl is now.
[Reply]
Gophernut 08:33 AM 10-23-2008
I heard the new single today on the radio, and can only say that what this song is missing is Slash on guitar. It's not a bad song, but it wouldn't even make it on Appetite for Destruction as the 13th track.
[Reply]
Scottw 08:38 AM 10-23-2008
:-):-)
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Axl is an Asshat!
[Reply]
Goz 01:21 PM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
Axl is an Asshat!
I agree.

Originally Posted by icehog3:
[FONT=Times New Roman]I don’t like Axl as a human, at all. But as a front man and song writer he is arguably the best ever. And what has made him the best ever has also made him a scumbag as a band member and a person. He is a perfectionist to the point of fault. He also an egomaniac which gave him the rock star attitude and balls to write the way he did. Will this G n’ R be as good without Slash and Duff… No but Slash and Duff were not G n’ R without Axl.[/FONT]
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 02:13 PM 10-23-2008
I agree.

[FONT=Times New Roman]I don’t like Axl as a human, at all. But as a front man and song writer he is arguably the best ever. And what has made him the best ever has also made him a scumbag as a band member and a person. He is a perfectionist to the point of fault. He also an egomaniac which gave him the rock star attitude and balls to write the way he did. Will this G n’ R be as good without Slash and Duff… No but Slash and Duff were not G n’ R without Axl.[/FONT]
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:42 PM 10-23-2008
Will this G n’ R be as good without Slash and Duff… No but Slash and Duff were not G n’ R without Axl.
They never claimed to be...hence, Velvet Revolver.

Don't get me wrong, I love old Guns'n'Roses. But I don't consider Axl's new band to be G'n'R. :-)
[Reply]
Up