Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The "Take A Pic Of Your Wineador" Thread
SpruceBruce 08:25 PM 01-22-2012
Originally Posted by aaron72:
I would recommend treating them just as if you were seasoning a new humidor.
I guess that's where I'm confused - in what? Or do I just find temporary storage for my wineador-amount-of-cigars?
[Reply]
jluck 08:30 PM 01-22-2012
You could just season the trays in a cooler or other sealed device with a bowl of distilled water then transfer them to the wineador in a few days.
[Reply]
falconman515 09:27 PM 01-22-2012
When I get my drawers I plan on taking my 7 trays and placing all of them with a couple ziplock bags full of my overstock and throwing it all in a Coleman cooler with my bags of KL and a hygro to just make sure they are stable for a couple of days while the new drawers are in the wine cooler getting seasoned with a couple of soaked DW sponges in each drawers with a bag under it .... Just like they say to season a regular humidor.

Then of course taking them out of the Coleman once the Rh is a bit high and stables and throwing them all in their new home.
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 01:25 PM 01-30-2012
A big THANK YOU to Forrest for building me a magnificant tray!! I will post pictures when I get home.
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 10:31 PM 02-01-2012
Hi guys....here are some pics of the small custom tray I had asked Forrest (GolfNut) to make me:

Absolute world class construction. I was impressed beyond belief...until this happened:

Apparently, for this particular Haier model, the space inside actually GETS SMALLER going towards the back! So what you see in the picture is the farthest it'll go in without having to really push to get it in(that's what she said). Biggest WTF moment when it happened...but totally my fault for not measuring everything =T
[Reply]
falconman515 11:58 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by PuffPuffGive1:
Apparently, for this particular Haier model, the space inside actually GETS SMALLER going towards the back! So what you see in the picture is the farthest it'll go in without having to really push to get it in(that's what she said). Biggest WTF moment when it happened...but totally my fault for not measuring everything =T
That Sucks brother!

Just a thought ... that cedar os pretty thick ... if you have a pad sander you may be able to sand down that end real good to more of a point with some low grit paper, then once it fits (as well as it can) use some fine high grit paper to finish it off.

You said you can push it in so you may not have to sand down to much.

Just the first thought that came to my mind.

Great looking tray though Forrest ... as always from what I have seen ... Amazing Craftsmanship!
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 01:03 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by falconman515:
That Sucks brother!

Just a thought ... that cedar os pretty thick ... if you have a pad sander you may be able to sand down that end real good to more of a point with some low grit paper, then once it fits (as well as it can) use some fine high grit paper to finish it off.

You said you can push it in so you may not have to sand down to much.

Just the first thought that came to my mind.

Great looking tray though Forrest ... as always from what I have seen ... Amazing Craftsmanship!
I actually was thinking about sanding the sides down a little, as well. Because this thing is just too damn nice to not use!
[Reply]
shilala 09:38 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by PuffPuffGive1:
It's not just your Haier, brother. Every single winador I've ever modified tapers toward the back. They taper in on both sides, not just one. You have to get slot measurements from close to the back of the units.
Sometimes they are so far off that the trays/drawers have to be double tapered.
Some units don't taper a lot, so it's no big. The grooves in the sides are deep enough to make up for the difference. In others, like yours, you have to make adjustments.
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 02:30 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
It's not just your Haier, brother. Every single winador I've ever modified tapers toward the back. They taper in on both sides, not just one. You have to get slot measurements from close to the back of the units.
Sometimes they are so far off that the trays/drawers have to be double tapered.
Some units don't taper a lot, so it's no big. The grooves in the sides are deep enough to make up for the difference. In others, like yours, you have to make adjustments.
Thanks for the info, my man. Useful if I ever decide to go bigger; which will most likely happen. :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 02:09 PM 02-14-2012
I recently got some trays for my Edgestar. its a full set. about how long should I season them? today makes 1 week. and the RH is at 90% rh right now...
[Reply]
falconman515 02:42 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by kickerb:
I recently got some trays for my Edgestar. its a full set. about how long should I season them? today makes 1 week. and the RH is at 90% rh right now...
Ohh your way good to go brother! I only seasoned mine a couple days till it was 80 something % then by the time I put in the KL and the sticks it dropped down to high 60's and within a couple days came down into the 63-65% range and has sat there since!

Many people season way to long ... a few days is good really. Get that bad boy up and stocked and post some pics brother. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 02:43 PM 02-14-2012
Yeah I just seasoned my 3 trays for 3 days and they were ready
[Reply]
kickerb 03:04 PM 02-14-2012
i was just following the sticky on the site, its says 7-14 days.
[Reply]
falconman515 04:27 PM 02-14-2012
i was just following the sticky on the site, its says 7-14 days.
No ... way to long, 3 to maybe 5 days is normally well enough to have your SC fully seasoned .... as long as your Rh is kinda high so when you load up the cooler it is able to come down a bit and stable out. Make sure you have a good digital hygrometer to keep track of it and start off with dry beads/KL till the Rh comes down then spritz em as needed to get it where want it (best is around 92-95%).

But you are good to go to load it up brother! :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 06:19 PM 02-14-2012
yeah, that is a project in itself. i have just been throwing everything in a cooler and its super unorganized. me being so anal i wanna get this organized by brand. should be fun.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:21 PM 02-14-2012
More pics...wana see more of those set-ups. :-)
[Reply]
EricF 06:34 PM 02-14-2012
yeah, that is a project in itself. i have just been throwing everything in a cooler and its super unorganized. me being so anal i wanna get this organized by brand. should be fun.
Let's see some pics Bryan!!!! :-)
[Reply]
kickerb 01:34 PM 02-15-2012

Here is a crappy pic while the trays are seasoning. Ill post more when I get a better camera.
[Reply]
falconman515 02:06 PM 02-15-2012
I'M LOVIN' IT BROTHER!!!

Very Nice.
[Reply]
kickerb 04:18 PM 02-22-2012

[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up